Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 11:58 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times

Advertisements

There is only one public Liberal who actually doesn't sound like a complete hypocrite, Bill Maher. I can respect him, even though I don't agree with him on a lot of issues. At least he is willing to say, all religions are ridiculous hypocritical crap responsible for most wars. He points out that Islam goes completely against the Liberal agenda much more so than Christianity and that Liberals shouldn't ignore the fact that 99% of terrorist acts are in the name of Islam. He probably hates Trump more than any public Liberal, but even he admitted Trump had a point when he tweeted after a terrorist attack that Obama and Democrats seemed more angry at Trump for mentioning the terrorist was a Muslim than the actual terrorist himself.

Bill Maher is pretty much alone on this, so may I ask why is it taboo for Liberals to say anything negative about Islam, when so much about the religion is against equal treatment of women, homosexuals etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 12:00 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
There is only one Liberal who actually doesn't sound like a complete hypocrite, Bill Maher. I can respect him, even though I don't agree with him on a lot of issues. At least he is willing to say, all religions are ridiculous hypocritical crap responsible for most wars. He points out that Islam goes completely against the Liberal agenda much more so than Christianity.

However, Bill Maher is pretty much alone on this, so may I ask why is it taboo for Liberals to say anything negative about Islam, when so much about the religion is against equal treatment of women, homosexuals etc?
I don't condemn either religion.

I do condemn the actions of certain adherents of both.

I don't think you know enough liberals.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:02 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Because "my enemy's enemy is my friend." Why condemn a religion that is the number one obstacle to the spread of Christianity?

Old 05-19-2017, 12:03 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,599 times
I condemn both.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:03 PM

589 posts, read 381,017 times
Quote:
There is only one public Liberal who actually doesn't sound like a complete hypocrite, Bill Maher. I can respect him, even though I don't agree with him on a lot of issues. At least he is willing to say, all religions are ridiculous hypocritical crap responsible for most wars. He points out that Islam goes completely against the Liberal agenda much more so than Christianity and that Liberals shouldn't ignore the fact that 99% of terrorist acts are in the name of Islam. He probably hates Trump more than any public Liberal, but even he admitted Trump had a point when he tweeted after a terrorist attack that Obama and Democrats seemed more angry at Trump for mentioning the terrorist was a Muslim than the actual terrorist himself.

Bill Maher is pretty much alone on this, so may I ask why is it taboo for Liberals to say anything negative about Islam, when so much about the religion is against equal treatment of women, homosexuals etc?
Maybe liberals like Muslim money when it's time for re-election.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't condemn either religion.

I do condemn the actions of certain adherents of both.

I don't think you know enough liberals.
I said PUBLIC... look at CNN, MSNBC, Liberal celebrities etc... what public Liberals are on the same page with Bill Maher, who openly admit Islam is horrible for women and gays and that we do need to accept most terrorists are Muslims?

Old 05-19-2017, 12:05 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
There is only one public Liberal who actually doesn't sound like a complete hypocrite, Bill Maher. I can respect him, even though I don't agree with him on a lot of issues. At least he is willing to say, all religions are ridiculous hypocritical crap responsible for most wars. He points out that Islam goes completely against the Liberal agenda much more so than Christianity.

However, Bill Maher is pretty much alone on this, so may I ask why is it taboo for Liberals to say anything negative about Islam, when so much about the religion is against equal treatment of women, homosexuals etc?
whoa there hold on

People are telling you it is not OK to attack Muslims not the muslim religion. I have to say i am stunned you did not understand this.

libs attack religions all the time, they mock them relentlessly. You wont see it here because we all know how the RIGHT tries to conflate the muslim peoples with old books they mostly use just like europeans use the bible.

For a lib to say a single word online that sounds slightly against Muslim faiths, simply opens the flood gates of lies and hate from the sectarian and racists (mostly from the right but not always)

meet me in real life and i will laugh at the crazy junk in abrahamic faiths.. not the poeople, they are entitled to believe whatever they like, but the faiths are all crazy.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:07 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Why is it fair game to set up straw man arguments with zero proof? I condemn sexism and racism no matter who is perpetuating it. The reality is that we live in a country that has a huge Christian majority, and Christians hold the majority of positions of power. So when they act badly, they get condemned for it particularly when it's in the name of religion or when they claim to be promoting religious ideals yet act in direct contradiction of those ideals.

At least in our country, Muslims are a very small minority, with limited access to positions of power and influence so they get much less criticism. I feel no need to specifically seek out examples of racism and sexism around the world, just so I can decry it. I am focused on what is happening in my own community and country.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:08 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Because "my enemy's enemy is my friend." Why condemn a religion that is the number one obstacle to the spread of Christianity?

One of history's biggest myths!

Old 05-19-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
whoa there hold on

People are telling you it is not OK to attack Muslims not the muslim religion. I have to say i am stunned you did not understand this.

libs attack religions all the time, they mock them relentlessly. You wont see it here because we all know how the RIGHT tries to conflate the muslim peoples with old books they mostly use just like europeans use the bible.

For a lib to say a single word online that sounds slightly against Muslim faiths, simply opens the flood gates of lies and hate from the sectarian and racists (mostly from the right but not always)

meet me in real life and i will laugh at the crazy junk in abrahamic faiths.. not the poeople, they are entitled to believe whatever they like, but the faiths are all crazy.
Not true, even the leaked emails from Hillary mentioned her team was disappointed when the terrorist attacker had a Muslim name. I'm not sure why Liberals, especially ones with public power defend Islam so aggressively. They make it sound like its a coin toss whether a Christian or a Muslim will conduct a deadly terrorist act, even Bill Maher said this is one reason why Democrats lost seats this election, their denial that Islam is has a major problem that enables people to use it to justify terrorist acts and treat women and gays like animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies