Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 06:30 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Coney is still a nut job.
Coney Who?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nope, if you aren't smart enough to understand, you have to ask for or wait for clarification.
You have to tell us what Trump meant. Why can't he speak on his own so that everyone understands? This way you don't have to do that job.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Hot New Game ...... spot the Nut Job
The one closest to the refreshments! Oooo, cooookie!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Isn't that the truth. You can't make this stuff up. I knew he would be bad, but I always believed he had to be reasonably intelligent and knew how to behave when the chips were down - and never expected anything like we've seen to date.

Clearly, he hasn't a clue - or, as many have suggested, he has a form of mental illness. He was not like this as a younger man. His vocabulary was better, his temperament was better. He very well may be ill.

This is VERY SAD and VERY SCARY.
Not fair, he suffers from Affluenza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Any Republicans standing with Trump after this are surely risking their careers. If this is confirmed I think you are going to see many of them jumping ship and placing love of nation over fealty to the King. Only the whackiest among the Trump hard liners will try to spin this in his favor.
Party over country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'm not sure that it matters to anyone anymore, but these unending threads are becoming (have become) echo chambers of toxic, destructive insanity.

For anyone still on this site who treasures the truth, please take a step back from these kinds of threads and think critically. Review the quote above (that was quoted directly from the NYT piece):

1. Notes taken by who?

2. Circulated by who?

3. Who at NYT vertified the document? Verified that it is the official account of the meeting? Verified that it was released by the WH AS the official document?

4. Which official read the quotations to the Times?

5. Which second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion?

6. Who at NYT reached out to the WH for official comment?

7. What other news sources received a copy of this "official account of the meeting"?

Think critically and keep your wits about you.

The rest of you...........you're like a flesh eating organism. Carry on.
If this hasn't been released, Trump would have already tweeted about it.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

You know the liberal media changes Trump's words ALL THE TIME. Someone close is trying to bring Trump down.
Yeah, it must be so much fun for them to edit the videos, and even more fun to edit trump's tweets. So badly edited that you can always tell when they change something, right?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:38 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Let me guess ..."unnamed sources." When you have "unnamed sources," you can make any claim you want. That still does not equate to "truth." In a court of law it's known as "hearsay."
Impeachment is not conducted in a court of law. It's conducted in the court of public opinion, in Congress who are ultimately answerable to the people.

The reps and senators do not have to have a legal basis to impeach. If they feel that his conduct was inexcusable and their constituents express their desire to see him impeached, it can be done for really any reason, though commonly is reserved for serious crimes. Obstruction of justice is a crime.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:44 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There may have been translators, I don't know. Guessing the Russian Ambassador and Foreign Minister speak English to some degree. In fact, I know at least one of them does as I heard him, don't remember which one.

You're telling me to be respectful while suggesting I need something spelled out to me? Too funny.

I don't believe any longer that liberals want whats best for the country. They simply want what they want imo.

No one who loves the country would be hoping for the impeachment of a President of any party and yet day after day liberals pounce on every single thing the President does and scream impeachment now.

Liberals don't give a crap about this country.
You are wrong. No one who loves the country would be hoping impeachment would be necessary. No one who loves the country would oppose it if and when it clearly is.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:45 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The thing getting lost here is that Trump was so stuid he actually thought firing Comey was going to end the Russian investigation. He needs to be impeached for being a moron!

LOL, true. Also, let's give the boot to his dumb Cult 45 for putting us in this situation to begin with.

Idiots!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:54 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You have to listen to what is in his heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Old 05-19-2017, 07:06 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Just so we're clear, we're not supposed to read/listen to his words to understand what point he is trying to make?
Not if you misunderstand them or if they could have multiple meanings. Why do you need me to tell you this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies