U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:42 PM

1,191 posts, read 942,055 times

Advertisements

His plan to eliminate my federal pension COLA was just announced as part of his FY 2018 budget proposal. There were other proposed changes too (e.g., high 3 years would be replaced by high 5 years) but none would affect me as I am retiring this year at the end of FY 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:45 PM

209 posts, read 25,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How has Trump affected your lives to make him so hated by the left?

He promised us he had a terrific healthcare plan that would be affordable and cover everybody. It was the one thing I had hope for in all of his campaign rhetoric. Turns out it was just another of his many, many, many lies. He had nothing, and never did. Not a single idea, despite lying nonstop about it for a year.

Then he stood behind a monstrosity POS bill, personally helping to push it through the House, that will effectively end all health insurance for me and millions of other Americans, and could cost the lives of some people very near and dear to me if it stands. And then he giddily celebrated that impending loss of healthcare of millions of Americans in the Rose Garden. It was shameful.

Is that enough to warrant how Trump has personally affected my life, OP?
He has only been in office FOUR MONTHS. The community organizer had 8 bleepin years to get an Affordable Plan out there and lookie what happened. I'm willing to give the man time.

Old Today, 02:45 PM

1,041 posts, read 2,659,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

He promised us he had a terrific healthcare plan that would be affordable and cover everybody. It was the one thing I had hope for in all of his campaign rhetoric. Turns out it was just another of his many, many, many lies. He had nothing, and never did. Not a single idea, despite lying nonstop about it for a year.

Then he stood behind a monstrosity POS bill, personally helping to push it through the House, that will effectively end all health insurance for me and millions of other Americans, and could cost the lives of some people very near and dear to me if it stands. And then he giddily celebrated that impending loss of healthcare of millions of Americans in the Rose Garden. It was shameful.

Is that enough to warrant how Trump has personally affected my life, OP?
Yes, this. He and the rest of the GOP (Grifting Obstructionist Plutocrats) have caused me, and many other people, a lot of anxiety about whether or not we'll have health insurance in 2018 and beyond. They are playing with people's lives just so they can undo whatever the black guy did. Despicable.

Old Today, 02:46 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,535,414 times
You made your bed with rats and snakes. Own up to it.

Old Today, 02:49 PM

8,920 posts, read 4,833,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You made your bed with rats and snakes. Own up to it.

The rats and snakes left the Whitehouse in January. And BTW pest control prevented another rat from entering.

Old Today, 02:50 PM

2,117 posts, read 546,190 times
He made a deal to hurt democracy with a hostile foreign power. That is enough for any patriot, how do you overlook that ?

Old Today, 02:52 PM

4,223 posts, read 3,264,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
He has only been in office FOUR MONTHS.
And each and every day there has been lies, failures, incompetence and broken promises. Again, even before throwing his hat in the ring, trump was a well-known and admitted lifelong fraud, liar, cheat and swindler. What could possibly go wrong electing such a sleazy, infantile narcissist to the highest office in the land?

Quote:
The community organizer had 8 bleepin years to get an Affordable Plan out there...
...and was obstructed every step of the way. having to modify the ACA over and over until it lost its teeth, to please the GOP in Congress.

Quote:
I'm willing to give the man time.
That's super for you. Are you expecting him to suddenly grow a brain and a conscience?

Old Today, 02:53 PM

43,768 posts, read 30,961,529 times

I believe that confuses thinking someone a jackass with hating them. Distinctly different things, he's not worth the energy hate requires.

Old Today, 02:54 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,535,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The rats and snakes left the Whitehouse in January. And BTW pest control prevented another rat from entering.
Congratulations. You're going to love impeachment 101.

Old Today, 02:58 PM

7,951 posts, read 2,212,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
He has only been in office FOUR MONTHS. The community organizer had 8 bleepin years to get an Affordable Plan out there and lookie what happened. I'm willing to give the man time.
He said he had a wonderful health plan that would cover everyone and be affordable. He made that promise LONG BEFORE he got into the office. And he had absolutely nothing. Not one single idea of his own. NOT ONE.

So he pushed through a POS bill that he didn't even read, because he doesn't really care about healthcare for Americans. That, it turns out, was just another of his many, many lies.

He lied. Plain and simple. Refute that if you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies