U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:04 PM

1,508 posts, read 1,441,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Once again, I get it. I see all the same things we all do in terms of how Trump can put his foot in his mouth, the Muslim bans being too extreme, tweeting all night, not being sensitive, et all (did I miss anything?) I also get how Fox can be bias, just as MSNBC, and CNN. Furthermore, I get how Obama was less vocal and more behind the scenes. But lets face it, a Democrat isn't President.

So, why is it when you argue with liberals, they always take the stance that you are defending trump and not Conservative values? Why do they always associating a pro-America stance with love for Trump?

Lastly, why are the democrats playing such dirty hardcore defense, especially when you have the majority of MSM on your side?

At the end of the day, the Democrats will have their day and I really hope they don't have it this bad...
No, you don't get it, and you likely never will. There's nothing I, nor anyone can say to convince you if you don't even trust your own eyes and ears.

#dunningkrugereffect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 PM

9,481 posts, read 5,316,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Well, what you said was ambiguous--could have been taken either way, but I assumed you were trying to "school" people on the fact a trump impeachment wouldn't put Clinton in the WH.

I can see where you were saying trump's main accomplishment was keeping Clinton OUT of the WH, but I disagree.

Really, when the actual election came down to a choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, the entire nation lost.

I can agree with this. I guess it comes down to who you think is the better of the two. I didn't vote for either but I am happy Hillary was not elected.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:45 PM

11,471 posts, read 6,045,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Well I am not "left" but here are the actual actions Trump has taken that I don't like:

Hiring drug warrior as AG
Hiring an ISP shill in place at head of FCC, who immediately started attempts to undermine net neutrality
Hiring an Oil Company shill in place as head of the EPA
Putting multiple Goldman Sachs shills in place in cabinet positions
Putting a Fast Food shill in place as head of FDA
Alienating allies and intelligence partners through reckless behavior
The spastic twittering

A lot of these actions will not begin to impact peoples every day lives for a while, as it takes time for cumulative policy changes to occur.

I like the round up of the gang members and the pressure being exerted on that front. Most of the rest of his decisions I am ambivalent about.

This and the nearly daily drama of a dysfunctional white house. One never knows from day to day if we'll be at war and people close to us will be sacrificed. I am not left or right. I am a patriot who finds it terribly disturbing to see our great country becoming untrustworthy in the eyes of the world. American's are hated enough in certain parts of the world, now I feel even less safe traveling abroad. I also wonder where that pesticide that was deemed to unsafe by the now almost defunct EPA is being used. Way to go Dow chemical and Trump. Who's water supply did you sacrifice for the sake of a buck for the 1%?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 PM

20,301 posts, read 8,789,291 times
Wonderful. All is good when I don't have to hear screechy Hillary . Oh Happy day!!!

Old 05-19-2017, 07:04 PM

22,016 posts, read 12,161,649 times
Hindering prosecution into an investigation to protect democracy. Trumpcare is basically returning us to the old healthcare system that was worse than Obamacare. Putting money backers into his cabinet (some are braindead picks for the jobs they have.)

Old 05-19-2017, 07:10 PM

15,239 posts, read 14,473,172 times
He has caused anxiety to a lot of people who desperately need health insurance. That's the main reason I hate him. If he and his people repeal health insurance, a lot of people will suffer and die. (I can hear some Republicans cheering!)

And that's part of the problem. Why do some want others to suffer and die? Insurance shouldn't be tied to a job. If a person loses their job, the last thing they need on top of the worry of finding a new job, is the worry of getting sick and not being able to get health care.

If a person has to resign from their job for health reasons, it is ironic that they would lose their health insurance--the main thing that would get them well enough to return to work.

The mean spirited threat to repeal health insurance is the main reason I despise this man. He can't seem to understand that this is a first world country and that good countries take care of their citizens. Make America Worse, that's him. (MAW)

Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 PM

1,508 posts, read 1,441,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
He has caused anxiety to a lot of people who desperately need health insurance. That's the main reason I hate him. If he and his people repeal health insurance, a lot of people will suffer and die. (I can hear some Republicans cheering!)

And that's part of the problem. Why do some want others to suffer and die? Insurance shouldn't be tied to a job. If a person loses their job, the last thing they need on top of the worry of finding a new job, is the worry of getting sick and not being able to get health care.

If a person has to resign from their job for health reasons, it is ironic that they would lose their health insurance--the main thing that would get them well enough to return to work.

The mean spirited threat to repeal health insurance is the main reason I despise this man. He can't seem to understand that this is a first world country and that good countries take care of their citizens. Make America Worse, that's him. (MAW)
"Trump First"

"Make the rich great again!"

Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 PM

2,089 posts, read 571,604 times
Quote:
Once again, I get it. I see all the same things we all do in terms of how Trump can put his foot in his mouth, the Muslim bans being too extreme, tweeting all night, not being sensitive, et all (did I miss anything?) I also get how Fox can be bias, just as MSNBC, and CNN. Furthermore, I get how Obama was less vocal and more behind the scenes. But lets face it, a Democrat isn't President.

So, why is it when you argue with liberals, they always take the stance that you are defending trump and not Conservative values? Why do they always associating a pro-America stance with love for Trump?

Lastly, why are the democrats playing such dirty hardcore defense, especially when you have the majority of MSM on your side?

At the end of the day, the Democrats will have their day and I really hope they don't have it this bad...
First, love of America has NOTHING to do with a love of Trump. Trump isn't pro-America as much as he's pro-Trump. But Trump's version of pro-America entails a kind of selfishness and ruthlessness and exclusion with is essentially un-American.

I have no idea what you may mean by "dirty hardcore defense." Democrats are pretty much citing facts. Unlike Trump.

Lastly, your title is not reflected in the body of your post. But I would hope that you understand that a smart person, an ethical person, would not need to be personally affected by Trump, or any specific policy, to make him rise up in anger. As a Democrat, I'm concerned with principles, not just my own individual needs. That's what most Trump supporters, mired in their own selfishness, don't seem to understand. I personally am not affected by Trump. But that doesn't mean that I'm not horrified by his greed, his blithe conflicts of interests, his trampling of all norms, his mean-spirited bullying, his incessant lying, the possibility of foreign collision, his persecution of a free press.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:33 PM

20,612 posts, read 10,803,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Nothing is going to happen to Trump, but for the sake of argument it did... I'm going to laugh because now they will place a real Conservative into the White House (Pence). Trump actually has ideas from both sides of the aisle, but Liberals declared war on Trump, which is jsut hurting Liberals.
Agreed.

Maybe that's why Bush 43 kept Cheney for his 2nd term even tho the VP wasn't real well liked, even by a LOT of us Repubs. If Bush 43 went down during his term, then Cheney would've become POTUS.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:35 PM

16,117 posts, read 6,223,295 times
Quote:

Because Trump is basically a liberal Democrat? True conservatives don't like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies