U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:20 PM

4,624 posts, read 2,048,948 times

Advertisements

NEVER have we had a President like this. We are in uncharted territory as a nation and we are headed into a real test of our democracy and the resilience of our Constitution.

I will be interested to see what the history books say 30 years from now about the 2016 election and Donald Trump's short Presidency. I think he will be only the third President to not even last a year. He will likely pass up Buchanan as the indisputable worst President in history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 05:38 PM

1,344 posts, read 806,737 times
BWAAAAWAAAAWAWA...BWAWAAAA.....lol

relax, have a warm drink

Old 05-19-2017, 05:40 PM

7,260 posts, read 7,364,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
NEVER have we had a President like this. We are in uncharted territory as a nation and we are headed into a real test of our democracy and the resilience of our Constitution.

I will be interested to see what the history books say 30 years from now about the 2016 election and Donald Trump's short Presidency. I think he will be only the third President to not even last a year. He will likely pass up Buchanan as the indisputable worst President in history.
Presumably the first president not to last a year for reasons unrelated to health. Although, considering his physical state, it wouldn't surprise me if he just keeled over, either.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:42 PM

11,400 posts, read 12,050,354 times
LOL! American presidents are not dictators. They are not allowed to be, thanks to checks and balances. Nothing to be afraid of, except accidentally soiling your underbritches in fear. Stay strong. Or not. The choice is yours.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:45 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,040,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Presumably the first president not to last a year for reasons unrelated to health. Although, considering his physical state, it wouldn't surprise me if he just keeled over, either.
He's fine. He doesn't exercise so he has plenty of finite energy left.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:47 PM

2,771 posts, read 1,910,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

It's not really unprecedented. Yes, Donald Trump attempted to obstruct justice and for that he probably will need to be removed from office.

But that has happened before. His name was Richard Nixon. He was removed from office and our system survived. I'm confident it can do the same here.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:49 PM

2,771 posts, read 1,910,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
LOL! American presidents are not dictators. They are not allowed to be, thanks to checks and balances. Nothing to be afraid of, except accidentally soiling your underbritches in fear. Stay strong. Or not. The choice is yours.
Agreed, and those checks and balances have worked before in a pretty similar situation.

They appear to be working again.

Trump attempted to make the investigation go away by firing the FBI director and installing one of his stooges. Instead he got an expanded investigation headed by a special counsel (ironically the former FBI director) and an increased level of activity in the investigations targeting the White House.

His behavior also appears to have inspired more leaks from concerned citizens inside the government who realize how unfit he is for the office.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:59 PM

2,959 posts, read 1,308,364 times
We have faced worse crises in our history, but what is disturbing here is the total abandonment of any civic responsibilities by Trump supporters. Trump is so obviously unfit for office, mentally, emotionally and intellectually, and, further, by his conduct during the campaign and now, I have no doubt, that he colluded with the Russians to undermine our democracy, election process, and institutions. All Americans should be outraged.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 05-19-2017 at 06:56 PM..

Old 05-19-2017, 06:05 PM

11,400 posts, read 12,050,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
We have faced worse crises in our history, but what is disturbing here is the total abandonment of any civic responsibilities by Trump supporters. Trump is so obviously unfit for office, mentally, emotionally and intellectually, and, further, by his conduct during the campaign and now, I have no doubt, that he colluded with the Russians to undermine our democracy, election process, and institutions. All Americans should be outraged.

All I can say is:

It is time for Republicans to start acting like American citizens rather than American quislings.
American citizens have always bickered and fought. They even fought each other in a civil war. By the looks of things, Americans have been very civil and orderly, compared to other times in our history.

Liberals are just bring drama queens, as instructed by the lame stream media (where they get their marching orders).

Old 05-19-2017, 06:07 PM

4,724 posts, read 4,771,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
He's fine. He doesn't exercise so he has plenty of finite energy left.
LOL. When they showed those TASS photos of Trump in the Oval Office with his two Russian buddies I was thinking they could use those photos for some health promotion add campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies