U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2017, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Bellevue,NE
1,313 posts, read 573,701 times
Reputation: 1410

Advertisements

https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-news...7-e74db47c208d

Supposedly, now CPS is borrowing at high interests because of it's bond rating just to make pension payments.

I wonder how many more states are going to start borrowing just to pay legally obligated pensions in the coming years?

It seems as though borrowing to make payroll is becoming a new trend.

https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-news...7-e74db47c208d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2017, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
11,040 posts, read 11,383,696 times
Reputation: 11519
Propping up your mess with debt suddenly became in favor under Obama. I guess we can see where he gets his debt and spend tendencies from...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 05:45 PM
 
1,069 posts, read 402,269 times
Reputation: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Propping up your mess with debt suddenly became in favor under Obama. I guess we can see where he gets his debt and spend tendencies from...
I think he got it from Reagan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 05:48 PM
 
12,463 posts, read 12,866,887 times
Reputation: 6643
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-news...7-e74db47c208d

Supposedly, now CPS is borrowing at high interests because of it's bond rating just to make pension payments.

I wonder how many more states are going to start borrowing just to pay legally obligated pensions in the coming years?

It seems as though borrowing to make payroll is becoming a new trend.

https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-news...7-e74db47c208d
If that's how Chicagoans want to run their city, it's their business. They voted for all of that over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:18 PM
 
22,618 posts, read 9,862,893 times
Reputation: 17515
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If that's how Chicagoans want to run their city, it's their business. They voted for all of that over the years.
As long as I'm not on the hook to bail them out, they can sink themselves if they choose.

Just wait until they have to tax the "new rich", aka the middle class, even more to get this under control.

Chicago liberal, "Tax the rich!"

Opens tax bill, "Wait, I'm not rich!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:21 PM
 
16,335 posts, read 7,775,568 times
Reputation: 6138
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If that's how Chicagoans want to run their city, it's their business. They voted for all of that over the years.
Chicago is on its way to becoming the new Detroit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:21 PM
 
946 posts, read 172,485 times
Reputation: 411
Quote:
But CPS lacks enough cash to make the full $716 million pension payment because state grants are delayed. CPS says it’s owed $467 million by the state.



Republican Governor needs to get some work done is what it sounds like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Status: "Covfefe you too, pal." (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Brackenwood
1,675 posts, read 441,357 times
Reputation: 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
[/font]


Republican Governor needs to get some work done is what it sounds like.
Can't get anything done when the leaders of the Democrat-controlled legislature won't even sit down with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:28 PM
 
946 posts, read 172,485 times
Reputation: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Can't get anything done when the leaders of the Democrat-controlled legislature won't even sit down with him.
where can I read about this? do you have an article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 PM
 
Location: West Texas Town
153 posts, read 144,454 times
Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I think he got it from Reagan.
Ross Perot almost seems quaint nowadays. Running for president in 92 because of the massive 4 trillion dollar debt run up by Reagan/Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top