U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,239,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
As a liberal...
I no longer believe that Trump is fit to be president and I do believe he probably will need to be removed.

I also know there is no chance of that happening if his approval rating is at 40%.
Presidents aren't removed based on polls or approval ratings. An actual crime has to be committed with real - not media fabricated - evidence proving it. So far all liberals have done is destroy their own credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 06:44 PM

2,752 posts, read 1,842,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Presidents aren't removed based on polls or approval ratings. An actual crime has to be committed with real - not media fabricated - evidence proving it.
I've already addressed this point in post #5.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/48217283-post5.html

And I will once again remind you that the evidence is not fabricated. Even Fox News is reporting on it now, in case that is all you believe.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...port-says.html

Old 05-19-2017, 06:46 PM

4,478 posts, read 1,066,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I've already addressed this point in post #5.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/48217283-post5.html

And I will once again remind you that the evidence is not fabricated. Even Fox News is reporting on it now, in case that is all you believe.

Trump reportedly told Russians Comey is 'nut job,' said firing relieved 'pressure' | Fox News

Yes. Fox is reporting on the hearsay. There is no proof outside of hearsay, that Trump
Did anything

Old 05-19-2017, 06:48 PM

4,478 posts, read 1,066,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
That gave me a laugh. What do you think the people who didn't vote for trump thought of him? He was and is even more "bad, unlikable, and dishonest" as every other candidate. Remember the campaign season? New things came out over and over that demonstrated trump's total unsuitability for the role, but somehow he barrelled on. The "Libs" are not to blame for that, the people who voted for him are.

The real issue is that he is not really interested in being a good prez, can't seem to realize his speech and actions have consequences, and is a total, unmitigated disaster even at this early date.

So you wanted people to vote for Hillary even though she called them deoplorables and promised to appoint far left activist loons as SC justices?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Yes. Fox is reporting on the hearsay. There is no proof outside of hearsay, that Trump
Did anything
Fox wouldn't be running it if they thought there is any chance it was fake.

Also, you do realize that a White House staffer cannot actually go on record and give their name when reporting on a conversation like this to the media right? They would be fired instantly.

Also, Trump basically said the exact same thing on camera to Lester Holt. He said he was thinking of the Russia investigation when he fired Comey. This statement today was a little more explicit, but certainly in the same vein.

Also, the White House already put out a statement accepting that he said it.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So you wanted people to vote for Hillary even though she called them deoplorables and promised to appoint far left activist loons as SC justices?
I agree that CANNOT be the argument now. You clearly wanted conservative policy and justices and that is OK. Even if Trump is removed, you will still get that with Pence.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 PM

17,638 posts, read 11,449,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Even Fox News couldn't ignore today's revelation. Alex Jones probably isn't reporting it yet but I doubt he ever will, but he isn't exactly a reliable news source. Here is the Fox story.

Trump reportedly told Russians Comey is 'nut job,' said firing relieved 'pressure' | Fox News
"REPORTEDLY", seriously, not again! What does that word mean to you? Look it up!

Know what, try reading beyond the headline, or maybe listen to the video on the link you provided.

As for the OP, I just laugh at the liberals as they destroy the Democratic party. No one is paying attention to the handful left with their "panties in a wad" over the defeat of Hillary and their hope of freebies and amnesty. Yep, you might have to get a job, and your big box or fast food job isn't going to pay $15 an hour. Time to earn and not just yearn for it and demand it all be free!

The liberals just need to keep their thumbs in their mouth and go sleepy time, and let Trump and the rest of us rebuild our nation!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:58 PM

769 posts, read 278,810 times
Some good points and diplomatic post by the OP.

The toxic, in your face, hysterical, and arrogant attitude of many liberals are creating a whole new batch of conservatives, and strengthening the resolve of others. A lot of people see the SJW nutjobs crying and screaming and rambling on about the supposed evils of white guys and decide that they really REALLY don't want to be anything like that. Its gotten to the point where I'd rather support Trump regardless of how good or terrible he may be doing. I don't want the neoliberals to have any type of victory. The more common sense moderate liberals I think need to somehow distance themselves from the far left lunatics instead of courting them, and then the middle just might embrace their party again.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:00 PM

3,984 posts, read 1,423,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Just because we haven't seen all the evidence dies not mean the evidence does not exist. We'te ten, eleven days into this. Let's see where it goes before saying there is NO EVIDENCE.

Of course, the Trump supporters would say any evidence that is presented is fake before conceding it was actually evidence.
This investigation didn't just begin when Comey was fired.

Multiple investigations involving thousands of investigators have been going on for almost a year now.

And with all the leaks going on in Washington right now, you'd think if they had found something ANYTHING that looked remotely like collusion that it would have come out by now.

But so far, after all this time and money spent on trying to create a narrative that provides Democrats with a scapegoat for losing the election and a distraction to try to cripple Trump....

They've come up with a grand total of diddly squat. .....GOOSE EGG.....

NADA.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:00 PM

3,743 posts, read 6,691,868 times
OP - I get where you are coming from.

Despite the fact that impeachment is actually a very difficult bar to reach, a significant public outcry would lead to some action that I believe would eventually lead to a change in leadership in the White House.

As for the divide in this country between the people who are Trump loyalists, it will be interesting to see how the moderates or those who voted for him and may be changing their opinions fall out. I don't believe those who are inclined to regret their vote will remain loyalists because of liberal "hysteria."

However, the core loyalist Trump voter is undeterred by any evidence whatsoever that interrupts their narrative. And they are quite vocal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies