U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

480 posts, read 112,437 times

Advertisements

he has another 119 federal judges to appoint, and probably 2 more USSC justices. I expect those judges to be conservative activists and the next time there is a Democratic President I expect them to put the kaboosh on any legislation proposed just like what's going on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

2,605 posts, read 1,600,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I will try to catch up on this thread and make a more detailed reply at that point, but I don't generally berate people for how they vote. I do, however, feel free to berate anyone who is so blindly devoted to ANY politician that they openly advocate doing away with the free press, declaring martial law, and stripping all who oppose their chosen leader of their citizenship. I have seen at least one person on this forum advocate every last one of these things in the past few weeks.
^^^This in a nutshell^^^

Good post!

Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

2,605 posts, read 1,600,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
he has another 119 federal judges to appoint, and probably 2 more USSC justices. I expect those judges to be conservative activists and the next time there is a Democratic President I expect them to put the kaboosh on any legislation proposed just like what's going on now.
You don't seriously believe that 119 judges are going to just up and vacate their seats do you?

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

1,037 posts, read 171,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
My beef is not with people who voted for him. I understand why people supported Trump and there are plenty of well-meaning people who voted for him for various reasons. I wasn't happy that he won but I was willing to give him a chance. What I don't understand are the people who are still sticking beside him even after all of these revelations and his disastrous performance since he took office on Jan 20th.

What we are looking at is some kind of cover-up of God knows what at best and downright treason at worst. That is not even considering his incompetence and the danger that he poses should a serious crisis happen in this country. Why are so many people okay with that?

We'll have to see what his approval ratings look like next week. After the latest bombshells, I doubt it will still be 40%. Once his approval rating gets down into the 20s, he is fair game for impeachment.
Heresay and accusations are not a revelation.

If I tell you it's snowing in August in Florida, you going to take that as the gospel truth? What if I get all of the local news crews in Florida to go on about it?

Name rank and file. No more anonymous sources and claims.

Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM

5,930 posts, read 4,615,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Heresay and accusations are not a revelation.

If I tell you it's snowing in August in Florida, you going to take that as the gospel truth? What if I get all of the local news crews in Florida to go on about it?

Name rank and file. No more anonymous sources and claims.
Unless is pertains to Hillary or Obama.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

3,661 posts, read 6,482,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read that.
Why?
His attention span was that of a gnat.
He was derogatory and offensive and downright hateful.
He didn't have a coherent agenda - just catchy one liners strung together.
And so much more- yet he was elected.
It's going to be a hardlesson in "when people show you who you are, believe them."

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

3,255 posts, read 6,920,696 times
No.

Not only am I going to kick conservatives while they're down, I'm going to laugh while I'm doing it.

Did you think 8 years of "Kenyan Muslim birther hysteria" would just... go away?

And I don't even have to resort to birther nonsense. That, to me, is the truly beautiful part. I don't have to make up anything. "Your own party thinks you're so stupid they literally use the words 'alternative facts' with a straight face!"

I do not feel like America is a nation worth much these days. Nor do I feel like conservatives, or whatever we're calling people who consistently vote for the GOP, to be countrymen worth the patriotism nonsense.

The social contract only works in a society; there is no polite denial for a stench atop a burning garbage pile.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

39,814 posts, read 19,006,836 times
Hell no.

Conservatives ESPECIALLY loved trashing African Americans for voting for Obama, so I'm not about to let up on Trump voters.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I ease up. I'm trying to make them mad enough to punch me! Lol

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

2,621 posts, read 415,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Why?
His attention span was that of a gnat.
He was derogatory and offensive and downright hateful.
He didn't have a coherent agenda - just catchy one liners strung together.
And so much more- yet he was elected.
It's going to be a hardlesson in "when people show you who you are, believe them."
Because he deceived on a daily basis?

He displayed his character very clearly, but he also lied, again and again. Remember the wonderful health care plan he promised, the one that would take care of everyone? There are other examples, but that is the one that is most likely to really harm the people who trusted him when he said it.

He said so many different things that I found it nearly impossible to believe any of them, other than the travel ban and the wall (other than that "Mexico will pay" part), which is why I didn't believe any of it. Unfortunately, lots of people did, and they have been cruelly betrayed, although many have yet to recognize it.

It seems we have misunderstood each other. I though you were defending him, and you thought I was.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM

15,326 posts, read 7,769,255 times
Living in a Democracy is a challenge for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies