Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:01 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times

Advertisements

That is a lovely and eloquent plea.

However, I have no respect either for voters too ignorant to understand the situation, nor for selfish bigoted bullies who truly loved Trump.

I suspect that, despite your hope of convincing people whose deplorable attitudes are probably hopelessly ingrained, that we don't have to convince them. Only a small percentage of the country, around one quarter, voted for him. The time and effort would be better spent in rounding up those who wrongly were on the sidelines.

Nice post, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 06:02 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

However, I have no respect either for voters too ignorant to understand the situation, nor for selfish bigoted bullies who truly loved Trump.

I suspect that, despite your hope of convincing people whose deplorable attitudes are probably hopelessly ingrained, that we don't have to convince them. Only a small percentage of the country, around one quarter, voted for him. The time and effort would be better spent in rounding up those who wrongly were on the sidelines.

Nice post, though.
People who elected Obama were Idiots and Fools. I guess life balance itself out.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:02 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:

Nice post, though.

Hillary has a City Data account?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:06 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:

Nice post, though.
You are broadbrushing. There are plenty of Trump voters who did not really like either candidate and only voted for him for the SCOTUS pick or another reason like that. Many of these COULD be convinced that removing him is a good thing if what we get is a stable conservative R government under Pence.

The die hards that would stay with him even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue are only a subset.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:08 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It all goes back to Democrats running a bad, unlikable dishonest Candidate. Libs blame Trump voters but they are to blame for Trump being President.

Thanks god Hillary lost. The big win will be on SCOTUS selection.
That gave me a laugh. What do you think the people who didn't vote for trump thought of him? He was and is even more "bad, unlikable, and dishonest" as every other candidate. Remember the campaign season? New things came out over and over that demonstrated trump's total unsuitability for the role, but somehow he barrelled on. The "Libs" are not to blame for that, the people who voted for him are.

The real issue is that he is not really interested in being a good prez, can't seem to realize his speech and actions have consequences, and is a total, unmitigated disaster even at this early date.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:14 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What I don't understand are the people who are still sticking beside him even after all of these revelations and his disastrous performance since he took office on Jan 20th.
bingo. I think this is mostly just people saving face though.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:16 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
People who elected Obama were Idiots and Fools. I guess life balance itself out.
Idiots and fools? Redundant, no?

Well, Obama is a constitutional scholar, smart, eloquent, hard-working, intellectually curious. Trump is none of these. Obama tried to call out the best of America, to be generous and inclusive. Trump calls out to the worst of America, to be selfish and paranoid. Obama pulled us out of the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression. You can look up long lists of his accomplishments online - and he was the first president who, after it had been tried for decades, managed to get some semblance of broad national healthcare going, even if not yet perfected.

As another poster just asked, I have to wonder what it would take to wake you up.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:22 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Perhaps you misread my OP. I am a liberal. Why would I have voted for Trump?

And your attitude is EXACTLY what I was referring to in my post. Completely counterproductive if you want him removed.
Being a liberal doesn't mean you didn't vote for Trump. Many did. And your choice of words "currently" and "no longer" skew to the likelihood that at one time you might not have opposed him.

I don't care if he is removed. Impeachment is far more difficult than everyone seems to think. As a country we elected him and he did not deceive us in his campaign. So, now we have what we asked for.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:26 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Being a liberal doesn't mean you didn't vote for Trump. Many did. And your choice of words "currently" and "no longer" skew to the likelihood that at one time you might not have opposed him.

I don't care if he is removed. Impeachment is far more difficult than everyone seems to think. As a country we elected him and he did not deceive us in his campaign. So, now we have what we asked for.
Then let me be clear, I never thought he was fit to be president and I did not vote for him.

I also agree that impeachment will be difficult which was the purpose of my post. A lot of people seem to think that just because he obstructed justice that's it, it's a foregone conclusion that he will go. I've heard that from other liberals. It is false. Whether he goes depends on whether enough of the public is convinced that he did in fact commit an impeachable offense.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:37 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Idiots and fools? Redundant, no?

Well, Obama is a constitutional scholar, smart, eloquent, hard-working, intellectually curious. Trump is none of these. Obama tried to call out the best of America, to be generous and inclusive. Trump calls out to the worst of America, to be selfish and paranoid. Obama pulled us out of the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression. You can look up long lists of his accomplishments online - and he was the first president who, after it had been tried for decades, managed to get some semblance of broad national healthcare going, even if not yet perfected.

As another poster just asked, I have to wonder what it would take to wake you up.

He was so great that the Democrats lost a record amount of seats under him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies