U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

2,720 posts, read 1,711,527 times

Advertisements

As a liberal I really feel like I have to call out other liberals over their disrespectful attitude towards other Americans over their choice to vote for Trump. Everyone gets a vote in this country and just because you didn't agree with their choice does not mean they are stupid or losers or not Americans.

I do count myself among the 60% of Americans who currently do not support Trump, but he won the election fair and square and we have to accept that, even given ANY OTHER occurrences which have taken place since then. Also, given the news of today, with Trump admitting on the record that he fired the FBI director to "take the heat off" the Russian investigation, he has basically admitted to obstruction of justice which is clearly an impeachable offense. I no longer believe that Trump is fit to be president and I do believe he probably will need to be removed.

I also know there is no chance of that happening if his approval rating is at 40%. It will have to drop much lower than that for the GOP congress to even entertain impeachment and not have it be an act of political suicide. What this means is that a lot of Trump supporters will have to remove their support for him in order for him to go. So liberals, if your goal is remove Trump, why are you treating his supporters like crap? In case you are not familiar with basic psychology, what you need to know is that if you want to bring someone around to your way of thinking, screaming in their faces in counterproductive. Now is not the time berate conservatives for their choice to vote for Trump, or call them stupid, or anything like that.

Now is the time to come together and have a constructive dialogue about whether we want this man to remain our president. Conservatives need to be reminded that they WON the election, and that result stands whether he stays or goes. Hillary/liberals lost, and they are still losers whether Trump stays or goes. If Trump is removed, Pence becomes president and Republicans still have complete control of the government, a result of them having WON the election, a result of conservatives making a perfectly VALID choice to vote Trump.

I would also say to conservatives that if Trump is removed, that may even be better for them as they will have a higher likelihood of actually enacting a conservative policy agenda with President Pence, who is a stable, sane person who actually cares about conservative issues. Trump has no such caring for anything issue related and really only ran for president for personal aggrandizement. With the level of scandal plaguing his White House, I doubt very much that he will be able to get anything major accomplished in terms of conservative legislation.

So in summary, liberals, if you feel that a change needs to be made in the office of POTUS, the burden is on you to convince your fellow American conservatives to agree with you using facts, logic, reason, and understanding, not condescension and ridicule.

Last edited by Ibginnie; Yesterday at 07:31 PM.. Reason: disscussing moderation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM

3,273 posts, read 1,380,825 times
My beef is not with people who voted for him. I understand why people supported Trump and there are plenty of well-meaning people who voted for him for various reasons. I wasn't happy that he won but I was willing to give him a chance. What I don't understand are the people who are still sticking beside him even after all of these revelations and his disastrous performance since he took office on Jan 20th.

What we are looking at is some kind of cover-up of God knows what at best and downright treason at worst. That is not even considering his incompetence and the danger that he poses should a serious crisis happen in this country. Why are so many people okay with that?

We'll have to see what his approval ratings look like next week. After the latest bombshells, I doubt it will still be 40%. Once his approval rating gets down into the 20s, he is fair game for impeachment.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM

240 posts, read 32,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
My beef is not with people who voted for him. I understand why people supported Trump and there are plenty of well-meaning people who voted for him for various reasons. I wasn't happy that he won but I was willing to give him a chance. What I don't understand are the people who are still sticking beside him even after all of these revelations and his disastrous performance since he took office on Jan 20th.

What we are looking at is some kind of cover-up of God knows what at best and downright treason at worst. That is not even considering his incompetence and the danger that he poses should a serious crisis happen in this country. Why are so many people okay with that?

We'll have to see what his approval ratings look like next week. After the latest bombshells, I doubt it will still be 40%. Once his approval rating gets down into the 20s, he is fair game for impeachment.
Revelations with NO EVIDENCE. Cover up with NO EVIDENCE. Accusations of treason with NO EVIDENCE.

And I don't think impeachment proceedings are based on approval ratings.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM

1,998 posts, read 2,455,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Revelations with NO EVIDENCE. Cover up with NO EVIDENCE. Accusations of treason with NO EVIDENCE.
Just because we haven't seen all the evidence dies not mean the evidence does not exist. We'te ten, eleven days into this. Let's see where it goes before saying there is NO EVIDENCE.

Of course, the Trump supporters would say any evidence that is presented is fake before conceding it was actually evidence.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Quote:
The evidence of obstruction of justice comes from Trump's own mouth. He stated clearly that he removed Comey to relieve the pressure of the Russia investigation. The White House has released a statement in which they admitted this was said and then attempted to frame the statement.

Quote:
Correct, they are not. All I'm saying is that EVEN IF an impeachable offense exists (which is the basis) there is no realistic chance impeachment proceedings would start if his approval rating stays at 40%. A greater percentage of the population will have to perceive the events as an impeachable offense and remove their support for him before Congress would act.

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

3,273 posts, read 1,380,825 times
Quote:

Even Fox News couldn't ignore today's revelation. Alex Jones probably isn't reporting it yet but I doubt he ever will, but he isn't exactly a reliable news source. Here is the Fox story.

Trump reportedly told Russians Comey is 'nut job,' said firing relieved 'pressure' | Fox News

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

3,661 posts, read 6,482,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I made what I felt was an important post in the other thread that was deleted so I'm making a new thread to discuss it here.

As a liberal I really feel like I have to call out other liberals over their disrespectful attitude towards other Americans over their choice to vote for Trump. Everyone gets a vote in this country and just because you didn't agree with their choice does not mean they are stupid or losers or not Americans.

I do count myself among the 60% of Americans who currently do not support Trump, but he won the election fair and square and we have to accept that, even given ANY OTHER occurrences which have taken place since then. Also, given the news of today, with Trump admitting on the record that he fired the FBI director to "take the heat off" the Russian investigation, he has basically admitted to obstruction of justice which is clearly an impeachable offense. I no longer believe that Trump is fit to be president and I do believe he probably will need to be removed.

I also know there is no chance of that happening if his approval rating is at 40%. It will have to drop much lower than that for the GOP congress to even entertain impeachment and not have it be an act of political suicide. What this means is that a lot of Trump supporters will have to remove their support for him in order for him to go. So liberals, if your goal is remove Trump, why are you treating his supporters like crap? In case you are not familiar with basic psychology, what you need to know is that if you want to bring someone around to your way of thinking, screaming in their faces in counterproductive. Now is not the time berate conservatives for their choice to vote for Trump, or call them stupid, or anything like that.

Now is the time to come together and have a constructive dialogue about whether we want this man to remain our president. Conservatives need to be reminded that they WON the election, and that result stands whether he stays or goes. Hillary/liberals lost, and they are still losers whether Trump stays or goes. If Trump is removed, Pence becomes president and Republicans still have complete control of the government, a result of them having WON the election, a result of conservatives making a perfectly VALID choice to vote Trump.

I would also say to conservatives that if Trump is removed, that may even be better for them as they will have a higher likelihood of actually enacting a conservative policy agenda with President Pence, who is a stable, sane person who actually cares about conservative issues. Trump has no such caring for anything issue related and really only ran for president for personal aggrandizement. With the level of scandal plaguing his White House, I doubt very much that he will be able to get anything major accomplished in terms of conservative legislation.

So in summary, liberals, if you feel that a change needs to be made in the office of POTUS, the burden is on you to convince your fellow American conservatives to agree with you using facts, logic, reason, and understanding, not condescension and ridicule.
You should have known better than to vote for him.

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
You should have known better than to vote for him.
Perhaps you misread my OP. I am a liberal. Why would I have voted for Trump?

And your attitude is EXACTLY what I was referring to in my post. Completely counterproductive if you want him removed.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

25,177 posts, read 29,181,890 times
It all goes back to Democrats running a bad, unlikable dishonest Candidate. Libs blame Trump voters but they are to blame for Trump being President.

Thanks god Hillary lost. The big win will be on SCOTUS selection.

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

20,359 posts, read 10,825,614 times
I'll stop berating Trump voters (especially now) when Trump voters stop complain that I voted against him by voting Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies