U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:57 PM

3,273 posts, read 6,953,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What is the limit? Lets leave left and right out of this conversation.

How many times before there are "certain anonymous sources" do you just stop caring?

Will everyone answer honest?
It is not "left or right".

It is not "they both do it!"

It is not "Democrats and Republicans!"

This insanity is purely Republican.

We were saying, "Isn't a war in Iran just a proxy war with Russia? And why the hell has this president we voted for gotten so cuddly with the intelligence community? What unholy union is that? And what about drone strikes?"

The Republican response was, "KENYAN MUSLIM!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!!!!1111"

We said, "But Donald Trump is a horrible idea for obvious reasons. Have you bothered reading Hillary Clinton's emails? Because they're available, and she was appealing to bankers to understand the average American struggle. Also, she has actual policy plans for--"

And then the Republican response was literally, "I just voted for someone who told me alternative facts can be used to justify reality with a straight face."

Your people were quite happy when Donald Trump was elected. Why do you want to be friends with those of us on the left now?

I ask because I don't think I've ever cared less about this nation than I do right now. This is what you wanted. You are alone with your consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 07:58 PM

18,007 posts, read 7,749,027 times
Fake source.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:58 PM

1,020 posts, read 594,595 times
anonymous sources are garbage, if you cant interview the source you cant prove anything. You can call in a bomb threat anonymously(google voice) its asking for trouble.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:04 PM

23,088 posts, read 13,203,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Anonymous sources can be wrong and unreliable at times.
Agreed, but lets say "chucksnee's News outlet" just continues to post things that are anonymous and provides nothing to back it up.....and uses anonymous as a reason to not be able to back up what they say?

Quote:
I don't think anyone disputes that. But as a whole they provide a great service by exposing corruption, misfeasance, and myriad crimes which would go unnoticed and unreported.
Agreed, but let's say an anonymous source continues to say that Mr. TreeBeard said "this" over and over....right or wrong and it is derogatory towards you, what do you do?

Quote:
Putin and other autocrats do not target and kill journalists for nothing.

Who cares about putin.....

Old 05-19-2017, 08:05 PM

2,821 posts, read 531,043 times
Quote:
All points. When does it go to far for being "anonymous"?
I'm sorry, but there isn't a single, easy answer, and I can't speak for anyone but myself. For me, the more serious the charges, the more I needed to know and trust the person who had asked to have their identity protected, and the more I would demand that they had some proof to back up their claims.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Agreed, but lets say "chucksnee's News outlet" just continues to post things that are anonymous and provides nothing to back it up.....and uses anonymous as a reason to not be able to back up what they say?

Agreed, but let's say an anonymous source continues to say that Mr. TreeBeard said "this" over and over....right or wrong and it is derogatory towards you, what do you do?

Who cares about putin.....

The families of dead reporters.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
It is not "left or right".

It is not "they both do it!"

It is not "Democrats and Republicans!"

This insanity is purely Republican.

We were saying, "Isn't a war in Iran just a proxy war with Russia? And why the hell has this president we voted for gotten so cuddly with the intelligence community? What unholy union is that? And what about drone strikes?"

The Republican response was, "KENYAN MUSLIM!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!!!!1111"

We said, "But Donald Trump is a horrible idea for obvious reasons. Have you bothered reading Hillary Clinton's emails? Because they're available, and she was appealing to bankers to understand the average American struggle. Also, she has actual policy plans for--"

And then the Republican response was literally, "I just voted for someone who told me alternative facts can be used to justify reality with a straight face."

Your people were quite happy when Donald Trump was elected. Why do you want to be friends with those of us on the left now?

I ask because I don't think I've ever cared less about this nation than I do right now. This is what you wanted. You are alone with your consequences.

Calm down....WooooooooooooooooooooooooSaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

If you'd care to even attempt to answer my question, I'll then answer you.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
anonymous sources are garbage, if you cant interview the source you cant prove anything. You can call in a bomb threat anonymously(google voice) its asking for trouble.
Why do you think that anonymous sources have not been interviewed? I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of the term.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The families of dead reporters.
Links or proof....or is this anonymous again?

Old 05-19-2017, 08:10 PM

3,273 posts, read 6,953,963 times
Quote:
Calm down....WooooooooooooooooooooooooSaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

If you'd care to even attempt to answer my question, I'll then answer you.
I did not ask you any questions. I do not care if yours remain unanswered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies