Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 12:01 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,283 times

Advertisements

Fake News strikes again.

Legalized marijuana isn’t the primary cause for a rise in panhandling, Walsworth said; rather, it’s the result of people giving money to panhandlers and the inability to enforce loitering laws as a result of successful lawsuits filed by the American Civil Liberties Union.

Walsworth said he shared these perspectives with the Fox News reporter, but the comments were omitted from the article.

“The reporter had an angle, and he took the information he got to fit his angle,” Walsworth said. “I told him I did not believe marijuana was the cause, and that was not quoted at all.”

Fox News story draws ire from Durangoans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 07:02 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Well, it is too bad Alalanta's thread about this story got closed. This is the information the thread needed, but since the thread wasn't going her way, she complained about it and the mods closed it.

This is the story from the town itself, Atalanta, including comments from the few people the Fox "reporter" interviewed.

It is a PERFECT example of someone who has an agenda, I believe most likely paid for by a prohibitionist group from Arizona, who slants articles depending on the outcome the person bribing the reporter wants.

Quote:
“I feel like he took advantage of everyone’s words and spun them into his own story,” Preston said when reached Wednesday. “It’s kind of upsetting, honestly.”
I find it interesting that EVEN IF the panhandling issue in Durango was indeed caused by the legalization of marijuana, that they had to cite it because they couldn't find any other legalization effects that were worse.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Wow, a journalist with an agenda. If we didn't learn this when they (98%) colluded with or donated to the dnc, we should know it now.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:11 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
It was a CNN reporter in disguise.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:34 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It was a CNN reporter in disguise.
Just because someone is a Fox News fan doesn't mean they should be let off the hook. Fox News has reporters who are human beings, so they are no more immune to corruption as CNN reporters.

It does illustrate why we are so divided, though. False reporting is everywhere, and touches every subject that has money involved. As readers of this information we pick the stories that follow our own agendas, and then claim it is the truth.

We readers need to assume more responsibility in separating facts from fiction, even if it cuts across the grain of our beliefs. It even might not hurt to impose penalties against those who are shown to purposely report fiction as facts.

The reporter of the original Fox News article should lose his job and his career as a reporter.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:09 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
I love it when the left complains about Fox News and shoddy reporting. No one else of course, just Fox.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:42 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I love it when the left complains about Fox News and shoddy reporting. No one else of course, just Fox.
Nah, I've complained about others. Fox news gets the brunt though as they do it consistently.

Today it's the Seth rich stuff, and now this. It's just lies day after day.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:58 PM

78,401 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Just because someone is a Fox News fan doesn't mean they should be let off the hook. Fox News has reporters who are human beings, so they are no more immune to corruption as CNN reporters.

It does illustrate why we are so divided, though. False reporting is everywhere, and touches every subject that has money involved. As readers of this information we pick the stories that follow our own agendas, and then claim it is the truth.

We readers need to assume more responsibility in separating facts from fiction, even if it cuts across the grain of our beliefs. It even might not hurt to impose penalties against those who are shown to purposely report fiction as facts.

The reporter of the original Fox News article should lose his job and his career as a reporter.
Dude, there is a reporter from Tampa that won a Pulitzer about 10 years ago for a series of populist hack-job articles against the insurance industry after 2006 hurricanes caused the homeowners insurance market to go into crisis.

They mouth-pieced for the government that even hired a guy to perform a study that would have made the tobacco company "scientists" blush (it basically ignored about 10 years of medical inflation).

If THAT reporter can win one of the most prestigious awards in journalism for far worse than what this guy did....I have little hope as we continue on in the second (or third) age of yellow journalism in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies