Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 10:16 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Has the media ever been unbiased? Just wondering.

From what I know, newspapers back in the day must have been plastered with lurid headlines about Jack the Ripper. They love it when there's a tragedy or scandal because it sells more newspapers (updated to watch more tv, listen to more radio.)

The more they exaggerate, they more money they make. And we know that money rules--everywhere, not just in this country. It works to a point. When I see some garbage newspaper like The National Enquirer or the UK Daily Mirror, I don't bother because that's fiction. As for extreme right wing media that I've never even heard of, I don't understand what their agenda is. Money? Power? As I said, it works...to a point. At some point people realize how inaccurate and stupid it is and they stop paying attention.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Let's ignore the fact that the vast majority of the media is leftism propaganda and let's focus on the drop in the bucket.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:17 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Has the media ever been unbiased? Just wondering.

From what I know, newspapers back in the day must have been plastered with lurid headlines about Jack the Ripper. They love it when there's a tragedy or scandal because it sells more newspapers (updated to watch more tv, listen to more radio.)

The more they exaggerate, they more money they make. And we know that money rules--everywhere, not just in this country. It works to a point. When I see some garbage newspaper like The National Enquirer or the UK Daily Mirror, I don't bother because that's fiction. As for extreme right wing media that I've never even heard of, I don't understand what their agenda is. Money? Power? As I said, it works...to a point. At some point people realize how inaccurate and stupid it is and they stop paying attention.
Being biased is one thing, but being a propaganda is another.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:24 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm not arguing that various mainstream media groups don't lean liberal. They do. Not necessarily good.

But I heard a lot of arguments over the last two days about how conservatives want Liberal Media to be "factual" and "objective" rather than so biased. Alright, that sounds laudable. We can all agree on that.

But what say you to Conservative Media? I see a lot of the same people who criticize Liberal Media posting around links from Breitbart, Infowars, Townhall, etc...you know the sites. So are those factual and objective?
What about all media? When did it become media's responsibility to do anything other than report? When did they decide to choose sides and help their team win? I'll tell you why. Media sways elections, politicians spend money on media. They take care of each other and there's billions at stake.

It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about money.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm not arguing that various mainstream media groups don't lean liberal. They do. Not necessarily good.

But I heard a lot of arguments over the last two days about how conservatives want Liberal Media to be "factual" and "objective" rather than so biased. Alright, that sounds laudable. We can all agree on that.

But what say you to Conservative Media? I see a lot of the same people who criticize Liberal Media posting around links from Breitbart, Infowars, Townhall, etc...you know the sites. So are those factual and objective?
All media, especially MSM, is slanted in some way for profit/to toe company line.

The MSM slants Left as a whole but the bottom line is the same: act as an agent for the International Banking Families in controlling the populace to ensure further continuation of statism via currency control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies