Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 04:56 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Just a clarification..53% of white women..who voted...voted for trump. This does not translate to 53% of all white women support Trump.

As for 'deplorables', that was never meant to depict all who voted for Trump..it was meant to depict those who were extreme..who were racist...misogynist...White Nationalists...KKK....anti-muslim...etc., etc..

So no..those women who voted their conscience and chose Trump were not deplorable.

BTW..the 'according to some exit polls'....is not a ringing endorsement of the accuracy..IMO.
Lol, that's not who Hillary was talking about.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:22 PM

33 posts, read 30,187 times
I feel the same way as this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBquRAun1RE

Old 05-20-2017, 09:14 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
According to some exit polls 53% of white women voted for Trump. You will hear leftist voters blaming the 'deplorables' for their loss but rarely will hear them blaming the 'white women' who voted for him.

Why do you think this is and what does it say about the women who voted for him to you? Did their vote make a difference or would he have won regardless because of the electoral college system? Are these women considered part of the 'deplorables' to the ones pointing fingers for their losses instead of accepting defeat?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-victory
It tells me 51% of all white women are now regretting their vote. The other 2% are still OK with him.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:35 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
According to some exit polls 53% of white women voted for Trump. You will hear leftist voters blaming the 'deplorables' for their loss but rarely will hear them blaming the 'white women' who voted for him.

Why do you think this is and what does it say about the women who voted for him to you? Did their vote make a difference or would he have won regardless because of the electoral college system? Are these women considered part of the 'deplorables' to the ones pointing fingers for their losses instead of accepting defeat?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-victory
Therefore, 53% of white women are intelligent....sounds about right.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:58 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Clinton was accompanied by a veiled woman
For this reason, white women felt the danger of their election because they may also impose on the Americans the veil

Old 05-21-2017, 01:46 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Hillary Clinton had to be the single most detested mainstream nominee to ever run in the general. Nobody actually liked her, but the DNC foisted her on us anyway.

Why were they so delusional to think that someone as universally hated as her would win?

And I say this as a young non-white female who did NOT vote for Trump. (Gary Johnson was my reluctant pick)

Old 05-21-2017, 04:11 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
RE -- Women who didn't vote for Hillary.
Democrats spend 24/7 time protesting and screaming about Trump's verbal sexual insults, yet they hypocritically embrace a religion and ideology that truly oppresses, sexually assaults, and tortures women around the world.......American women get it.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:52 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I can understand men voting for Trump, we are pretty much of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this !" mentality, but I really do not understand women voting for him. He is everything I would think a woman would detest......bragging constantly, rude as Hell, has zero respect for women, and he doesn't really say anything of substance.

My ex and I had a conversation before the election, and she said she simply does not like Hillary, found her to be shady. She said she was not nuts about Trump either, but he was better than Clinton. That seems to be the problem, Hillary came off as stiff and not inspiring.
I generally agree, but....

....are you saying Hillary does? .....Remember the 'Baking Cookies' comment?....I'm guessing not. Ask your ex if she remembers Hillary's 'Baking Cookies' comment.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:33 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
It sets an extremely bad example for the next generation and the reputation of our country.

Women are not objects like they are treated in other country's.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:16 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I can understand men voting for Trump, we are pretty much of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this !" mentality, but I really do not understand women voting for him. He is everything I would think a woman would detest......bragging constantly, rude as Hell, has zero respect for women, and he doesn't really say anything of substance.
As a woman and I am sure many women feel the same, I do not vote based primarily on outward personality quirks I vote according to my alignment with issues important to me and the country. Personality of a candidate is secondary. I actually find Trumps crassness a bit refreshing. At least you know what your getting as opposed to some others who I would define as two faced.

Perhaps many women are accustom to "here, hold my beer and watch this" kind of men who also are often rude braggarts that dont have anything of substance to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies