Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 06:58 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Waiting for liberals to go through all the five stages of grief:
denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

lol

Old 05-20-2017, 06:59 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
As Ambient said- Impeachment is a high bar.
I think it's far too early to try to predict what will happen. Mueller hasn't formed a committee yet, and other than Comey, who will speak to the entire Senate tomorrow, no one yet knows who will be called or won't, how much intel there is or isn't, or anything much at all just now.

It may be some time before the public knows enough to form any halfway authentic predictions, so trying to talk about impeachment is very premature. It's nothing but empty speculation until more develops.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:59 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigley17 View Post
Th gambling odds are 50% he gets impeached or resigns from office. So there is a high chance. I mean Clinton almost got impeached and people actually liked him. Trump is incompetent and a compulsive liar. It's only a matter of time. He will do something(s) illegal, get caught, then try to cover it up and lie, then get impeached.
Hmm.......I think you missed a bit of history. Clinton did get impeached, he just didn't get convicted and stayed in office.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:00 PM

587 posts, read 304,812 times
No Evidence , The entire Russian conspiracy was fabricated and the entire world knows it...

Assange is near free and guess who is going to drop some truth bombs on the Dems very soon lol

Also a few other foreign governments have lined up behind Trump and I wont say anymore lol

Old 05-20-2017, 07:47 PM

51 posts, read 83,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Hmm.......I think you missed a bit of history. Clinton did get impeached, he just didn't get convicted and stayed in office.
Okay. Well I'm that case, trump will surely get impeached.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:48 PM

589 posts, read 381,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Of what? A completely unfit president - lazy, reckless, impulsive, irresponsible, reactionary - who doublecrosses and lies to his own staff and the US public daily? Never.
Lazy ? You must be speaking of the community organizer.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigley17 View Post
Okay. Well I'm that case, trump will surely get impeached.
Then go ahead and bet your life savings if you're so sure.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
I suspect it will be like it was under Bush: A horrifying devolution of public institutions and civil infrastructure, contractors cashing out, and Republicans crippling the nation and then pointing out how their crippled agenda didn't work very well.

The difference seems to be that George Bush had... Hoo boy, some element of dignity? Are those words I ever thought I would say out loud?

As much of a nightmare as those years were, and the security state that followed, we've had Trump for nearly 4 months exactly and it's already felt like 4 years.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 PM

51 posts, read 83,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
No Evidence , The entire Russian conspiracy was fabricated and the entire world knows it...

Assange is near free and guess who is going to drop some truth bombs on the Dems very soon lol

Also a few other foreign governments have lined up behind Trump and I wont say anymore lol
That depends on what you mean by Russian "conspiracy." There is enough evidence for the FBI to keep,investigating, so at the very least your assertion that there is no evidence is completely false.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I suspect it will be like it was under Bush: A horrifying devolution of the public institutions and civic infrastructures, contractors cashing out, and Republicans crippling the nation and then pointing out how their crippled agenda didn't work very well.

The difference seems to be that George Bush had... Hoo boy, some element of dignity? Are those words I ever thought I would say out loud?

As much of a nightmare as those years were, and the security state that followed, we've had Trump for nearly 4 months exactly and it's already felt like 4 years.
Really ? How has your life changed ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies