Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:52 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times

Advertisements

Is that "respect" they're showing or "appreciation" because we're arming them up to the teeth?

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-21-2017 at 07:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 06:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Parts of the speech already came out and will be delivered by President Trump any minute now.

The Saudi's have rolled out the red carpet for President Trump and know that the US supports Islam but not radical Islamist terrorism.

If nothing is done to radical islamists, that will hurt other muslims.

President Trump is getting lots of respect and gives respect back.

Of course the haters will come out to bash what I wrote here but the world will see this as it is and not through left wing twisted narratives.
The ceremony they arranged for Trump's visit was quite impressive. Obama was never treated with such respect and with so much ceremony.

American leadership is back, and they know it. They are obviously impressed with President Trump.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:58 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Maybe you have the speech?

Much of that respect comes from $110B in military armament, more military ordinance in the ME is a good thing. He is consistent in that action with every other president to increase arms in the ME, does that end up well?

Old 05-21-2017, 07:00 AM

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Whatever keeps the oil flowing.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:00 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,879 times
Trump spend a lot of money there so they will play to his ego. They will use him up and throw him away and he's not smart enough to see it.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:03 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Well Obama was no friend to the Saudi's instead he chose to more or less back Iran.

I wish we could get out of the ME all together but we can't so it is best to have a few friends in the area.

I thought that Saudi was buying the military equipment but if we are giving it to them then that is a problem that I would blame on Obama for giving Iran billions and the Ok to develop nuclear weapons.

What a mess

Old 05-21-2017, 07:06 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
The reason they enjoyed the speech is because none of them speak English. They had no idea what he was saying. (neither do we)

Old 05-21-2017, 07:06 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Whatever keeps the oil flowing.
I forgot about the oil. Arms and oil...that buys a lot of so-called respect meanwhile back in the states Mr. Trump is screwing over everything from healthcare to our national parks to the quality of our water and air and the safety of our food chain.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:07 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Parts of the speech already came out and will be delivered by President Trump any minute now.

The Saudi's have rolled out the red carpet for President Trump and know that the US supports Islam but not radical Islamist terrorism.

If nothing is done to radical islamists, that will hurt other muslims.

President Trump is getting lots of respect and gives respect back.

Of course the haters will come out to bash what I wrote here but the world will see this as it is and not through left wing twisted narratives.
I'm not going to bash you, but I am going to ask you a question. Saudi Arabia has been an exception to Trump's proposed travel ban, yet 15 of the 9/11 terrorists were citizens of that country.

Please explain to me how this makes sense.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:08 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
I have always said - WAY before Trump - that the day we show LESS respect to the perps of 9/11 and the folks who finance jihadis and madrassas all around the world - would be the day America was serious about the "Islam" problem.

Instead - we have Trump selling weapons to the rich "cut off heads and hands and women can't drive" Muslims with which to bomb the poorer muslims. We also have him speaking out against Iran, a country which on a scale of 1 to 10 is probably a 5 in terms of being moderate (look at their last election!) - and the place where the reform of Islam is most likely to happen.

Trump HATES muslims that are taking up western ways but loves the pure ones?

I understand his love for money. Oil is no excuse anymore - it was 40 years ago, but now the world is awash in oil and will be for decades or more to come.

So why do we love totalitarian societies? I think I answered my own question.

Only a dedicated Trumpkin would fail to see the humor in Don the Con going there FIRST and bowing for a medal from the King and then giving a speech to claim that the perps of 9/11, the birthplace and residence of Bin Ladens and financiers of global jihadists were......innocent of all charges!

Why, maybe he will invite them to build mosques next to the White House. It must be the Sauds, though...no moderate Muslims allowed. And, they must first buy at least 50 condos in Trump and Kushner projects.

You couldn't make this stuff up. There will be many books written on it - until then we just have to imagine.

Out of all of this the most troubling is that we appear not to be interested in spreading the Enlightenment (western ideals) any longer - add to that 110 Billion in weapons in the hands of really....one person (The King).

Weird. Really. We need to sell other things if possible. Trump is pumping jobs jobs jobs for us building killing machines. Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies