Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 03:09 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,635,429 times

Advertisements

I'm really impressed with the ignorance which abounds on this forum, particularly this thread. Why should I slog through the posts when I can easily tune in to CNN, MSNBC or FOX News, and listen to the same talking points, word for word. Here's just one example. When Trump references terrorist who happen to be Muslim, thinking people understand what he's saying, but the left only hear "Muslim," and insist Trump hates them. It does me no good to continue my rant as most posters here will remain ignorant and will just continue to tow the party line, spewing more misinformation and down right lies.

Here's one last question for you. If Trump truly hates Muslims, why then, is he being received by them with respect, open arms and all of tbe pomp and celebration? And no, they don't receive all foreign dignitaries like this, despite what you may have read on this forum.

If more posters would educate themselves on politics and current events before posting, we wouldn't have so much hatred and ignorance from both sides. And when I say educate yourselves , I'm not referring to watching CNN, MSNBC, or FOX News, which have all become opinion networks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 03:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,822,039 times
I don't think Trump hates Muslims.

BUT during his campaign he clearly called for a Muslim ban.

It is what it is.

His first Executive Order resulted in all Muslims coming from those 7 countries, even those with green cards, visas, etc. who have been vetted by the USA being denied entry.

He has been very critical of Obama's careful language calling on us not to attack all Muslims for the actions of a few militants.

Of course he was being diplomatic...but it was a clear departure from his campaign mandate to deal with Muslims.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I'm really impressed with the ignorance which abounds on this forum, particularly this thread. Why should I slog through the posts when I can easily tune in to CNN, MSNBC or FOX News, and listen to the same talking points, word for word. Here's just one example. When Trump references terrorist who happen to be Muslim, thinking people understand what he's saying, but the left only hear "Muslim," and insist Trump hates them. It does me no good to continue my rant as most posters here will remain ignorant and will just continue to tow the party line, spewing more misinformation and down right lies.

Here's one last question for you. If Trump truly hates Muslims, why then, is he being received by them with respect, open arms and all of tbe pomp and celebration? And no, they don't receive all foreign dignitaries like this, despite what you may have read on this forum.

If more posters would educate themselves on politics and current events before posting, we wouldn't have so much hatred and ignorance from both sides. And when I say educate yourselves , I'm not referring to watching CNN, MSNBC, or FOX News, which have all become opinion networks.
And I agree -- if when Trump was calling for a Muslim Ban and the crowd went wild...I wish more of them would have understood what he was saying was not practical, feasible nor acceptable or legal. Many voted for him thinking these words were real.

I know he would have to change his ways.....most of what he ranted and raved about is not feasible, practical, wise, possible, etc......I wish more people realized that.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:28 PM

76,857 posts, read 47,191,511 times
I couldn't help but notice he refused to say "radical islamist terror".

Old 05-21-2017, 03:30 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,416,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think the moral of the story is that Trump doesn't have any convictions.....t
Well, not yet.Haha. Although we are talking about two different kinds of convictions

Old 05-21-2017, 03:32 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,661,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
A ban that they went on record saying it was specifically targeting Muslims. Nice try
Did you know they did that under Obama, people from IRAn who live in UK have to get visa to go to USA.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:36 PM

There are people who didn't support Trump knowing that what he was saying during his campaign was a bunch of hogwash. Everything from NAFTA, the wall, the Muslim Ban...it was all for show or out of extreme ignorance. Even the repeal and replace didn't turn out like anybody planned.

It has been a hot mess. He said things that were outrageous and some of you more intelligent, but dedicated Republicans knew that but were going to vote for whatever Republican candidate was running. I get that.

you don't have to defend his boner moves. You can support your political ideology without having to defend the incompetence of this man.

He is not a smart man, he is not knowledgeable of the political processes, the complexities of free trade, the complexities of Middle Eastern politics, Chinese politics, etc.

He knew what to say to people and that's that.

He is the ultimate politician. Not really skilled at anything but he lied his way and put on a show that made him marketable.....

Old 05-21-2017, 03:37 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,661,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You are not familiar with Islam and Islamic terrorism. They are both one and the same.

How do you think Islam spread throughout the world? Please read up on history of Islam.

What do you think that sword dance of the Saudis references to?

Islam means SUBMISSION. Either you submit or you die.

Also, Saudi Arabia has its own ISIS on the peninsula, but they want to hide it and the Trump administration acquiesced.

We're back to the Bush Arab-ass-kissing days. Disgusting.

ISLAM AS A FAITH IS NOT GREAT.
You didn't think it was disgusting under Obama? He was more ass kissing when he made that special bow.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You didn't think it was disgusting under Obama? He was more ass kissing when he made that special bow.
No because a bow means nothing. That's the ridiculousness of all of this.

The 'show' is the show -- it isn't real life. If you hold the cards..you don't care about bowing, curtseying...getting the red carpet or who shows up at the plane.

That kind of game is only important to those who aren't sure of their standing or their convictions.

And please don't pretend it was the bow...it was Obama -- you didn't like him. Okay -- but stop making it about the show.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,198,733 times
Quote:
"The Dance with Swords" is known as:
Ardah; Ardah, is a type of folkloric dance in Arabia. The dance is performed with two rows of men opposite of one another, each of whom may or may not be wielding a sword or cane, and is accompanied by drums and spoken poetry.

Originally, the "ardah" was performed only by males of tribes of the central Nejd region before going to war, but nowadays it is done at celebrations, weddings, and national and cultural events by males of all tribes, such as the Jenadriyah festival. There currently exists various types of ardah across the Arabian Peninsula.

Variations
The term 'ardah' is thought to derive from the Arabic verb ard meaning 'to show' or 'to parade'. It was so named because its purpose was to publicly display the fighting strength of a tribe and boost morale before an armed engagement. Although there are regional variations of the particular rendition of ardah, the purpose it serves is nearly identical throughout the Arabian Peninsula.
Let's hope it celebrates unity of focus and a bonding support among tribes to wage war against Terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies