Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 02:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
BO left office with a 59% approval rating. Donny Dummy is in the high 30's and dropping and is about to either be impeached or resign.

It's not about the MSM, it's the difference between a good man and a power hungry liar.
Lol. You don't understand the power of the press, advertising, and its effect on the populous.

There is a reason tens of billions are spent on advertising in the US each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 02:44 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
He didn't bring the United States together. He divided us even further.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:47 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Lol. You don't understand the power of the press, advertising, and its effect on the populous.

There is a reason tens of billions are spent on advertising in the US each year.
Donny Dummy brought this all on himself as it pertains to Comey, Flynn, Russians.

Stop whining as it comes with the territory.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Donny Dummy brought this all on himself as it pertains to Comey, Flynn, Russians.

Stop whining as it comes with the territory.
The press had an agenda to promote Obama, and that translated to a greater approval rating than had they not done so.

He had a cheer squad getting people excited about him. Of course his numbers were inflated by this.

You can ignore this if you'd like and keep idolizing him if you choose.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
To follow your logic, President Obama should have bleached his skin white. Sure, he's biracial, but Oklahoma City might have liked him more if his skin was whiter.

You do know President Obama ran on a platform of hope and change. As you mention, he didn't realize how reptilian the republican politicians would be.

The president has a voice that can foster change (even if his agenda is thwarted).

President Obama accomplished change with that voice that won't be rolled back (even if the trumptile and republicans congress roll back some of his legislative accomplishments).

Trump has a voice of hatred and ignorance. 'Murica and the outdated electoral college elected that voice. Hopefully we can move away from trump before he does more damage.
I completely understand where you are coming from here. I say this as somebody who is very liberal on social causes and am disgusted at the way conservatives react to things like marriage equality.

All I am saying is I think Obama's approach to these deeply divisive issues was more than a voice of support. He fanned the flames.

I honestly am not sure the end will be pretty if we continue down this road of polarization. Half of the country that wants a progressive social democracy a-la Canada or the Nordic countries. The other half wants a fundamentalist Christian version of Saudi Arabia. Both sides get their news from sources that tell them what they want to hear and not what is actually going on.

We all share this country, for now at least.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:59 PM

589 posts, read 381,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I completely understand where you are coming from here. I say this as somebody who is very liberal on social causes and am disgusted at the way conservatives react to things like marriage equality.

All I am saying is I think Obama's approach to these deeply divisive issues was more than a voice of support. He fanned the flames.

I honestly am not sure the end will be pretty if we continue down this road of polarization. Half of the country that wants a progressive social democracy a-la Canada or the Nordic countries. The other half wants a fundamentalist Christian version of Saudi Arabia. Both sides get their news from sources that tell them what they want to hear and not what is actually going on.

We all share this country, for now at least.
Not quite ...

Old 05-21-2017, 03:01 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The press had an agenda to promote Obama, and that translated to a greater approval rating than had they not done so.

He had a cheer squad getting people excited about him. Of course his numbers were inflated by this.

You can ignore this if you'd like and keep idolizing him if you choose.
I will indeed ignore your ramblings and whining about both BO and Trump.

Nothing more than sound and fury signifying nothing, per usual, and good luck with your Trump stock, but if I were you I would be selling.

BO a buy and hold all day long!

Old 05-21-2017, 03:03 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Not quite ...
Conservatives actually do. Most will phrase it as "we need to turn our country back to God and the Bible" but how are they going to accomplish that? That's another thread though.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
He also should have informed us about Trump collusion investigation. Mighta changed a few votes.

You're not mad, are ya?
Susan Rice could have spoke up a little louder.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:23 PM

589 posts, read 381,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatives actually do. Most will phrase it as "we need to turn our country back to God and the Bible" but how are they going to accomplish that? That's another thread though.
No, only right-wing fanatics think that - it's not a black-or-white situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies