Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 01:49 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Lol ok. 39% of Americans are pro athletes now. Thanks for the laugh.
Wonder how many of those are Xbox/Playstation athletes.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:52 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times
And President Cheeto (who is obese himself) wants to scale back school nutrition programs.

The republican solution is to eliminate nutrition programs, allow soda and candy vending machines in elementary and high schools, allow fast food chains to sell directly on school campuses. I don't know how any sane person can vote for these nutbags.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:55 PM

589 posts, read 381,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
And Cheeto wants to scale back school nutrition programs.

The republican solution is to eliminate nutrition programs, allow soda and candy vending machines in elementary and high schools, allow fast food chains to sell directly on school campuses. I don't know how any sane person can vote for these nutbags.
Since most kids have the options to bring their lunch and their other two meals at home, the onus is on the parents to eat with nutrition in mind.

And I can tell you with 100% certainty that there were candy and soda machines in local schools during the Obama administration. Fast food chains were at every special event, i.e. school festivals, football games, etc.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, There's no mystery behind it. These folks eat too much and move too little.
It depends. My intake is around 1200 cal/day and if I jump to 1500 cal/day I start gaining weight. This is with the 5am daily swim and workout each morning at the local gym. Worldwide we are becoming a sitting economy. Blaming lack of exercise is too to use as scapegoat. Lack of food that is digestible correctly is the real problem.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:58 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It depends. My intake is around 1200 cal/day and if I jump to 1500 cal/day I start gaining weight. This is with the 5am daily swim and workout each morning at the local gym. Worldwide we are becoming a sitting economy. Blaming lack of exercise is too to use as scapegoat. Lack of food that is digestible correctly is the real problem.
Like I said, the problem is eating too much and moving too little. (the combination of both) for most people at least.

It is funny some here always use exception to make the rule.

Plus, this thread is about obesity, it is not about metabolism or When you don't adjust your caloric intake after your metabolism requires more calories to fuel your body for more muscle growth, you will plateau!

Old 05-21-2017, 02:04 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Since most kids have the options to bring their lunch and their other two meals at home, the onus is on the parents to eat with nutrition in mind.

And I can tell you with 100% certainty that there were candy and soda machines in local schools during the Obama administration. Fast food chains were at every special event, i.e. school festivals, football games, etc.
Under Obama federal regulations set nutrition standards for public schools, barred soda and junk food from being sold in elementary and high schools starting in 2014. The nutbag republicans are attempting to repeal this legislation if they haven't already.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post

This has to be dealt with at the county level. All our public schools have no vending machines and thanks to zoning there are no fast food location (this includes gas stations) close enough to the school where one can walk to it and walk back in enough time before the lunch period ends.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:08 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
So?

Old 05-21-2017, 02:08 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Like I said, the problem is eating too much and moving too little. (the combination of both) for most people at least.

It is funny some here always use exception to make the rule.

Plus, this thread is about obesity, it is not about metabolism or When you don't adjust your caloric intake after your metabolism requires more calories to fuel your body for more muscle growth, you will plateau!
It's about definition of obesity, not obesity.

Plenty of exceptions to the rule.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:10 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It's about definition of obesity, not obesity.

Plenty of exceptions to the rule.
Doesn't change the fact that most obese people eat too much and move too little.

okay, forgot to add, "I am not talking about the pro-athletes here"

All these said, nothing needs to be taken so personally here, a lot of people enjoy being fat and happy. But if somebody are willing to lose some weight, then move more, eat less. Prepare the food in a more healthier way. That is it. No need to be all worked up over this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies