Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Last I checked, this wasn't the argument.

I don't believe they are filthy, they are simply mentally ill and they are being mistreated by the public through encouraging the mental illness rather than seeking ways to help them. You can hate me all you like, put me in that special little spot so you can continue to hate me, but the fact remains that it is a mental illness and we should be helping them, not enabling them.
So having a mental illness should be regarded as a sin before God? Or only some mental illnesses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Homosexuality is a mental illness, like any other mental illness, be it a perversion, or a other oddity of behavior. Homosexuality used to be classified as such, but was changed via political pressure, not by any real means of process or legitimacy.

It is a perversion, it is abnormal, it is not a biologically natural function of process. You may point to animals humping other animals, but then animals hump a lot of things regardless if they are living or not. The sexual perversions of a person who seeks such is not healthy or good, it is why homosexuals have a very high suicide rate as they constantly struggle with their perversion, similar to that of how a drug abuser struggles with the truth of their addiction.
Then do you consider men who love to give oral or anal sex to women to be abnormal and/or mentally ill?

Old 05-24-2017, 08:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Apparently no one read the article. It also said that Texas is considering passing several riders as amendments added to various bills which would allow health care practitioners and lawyers to deny care to gay people based on their "religious beliefs." TX has already passed HB 3859 which allows adoption agencies to deny applicants on the basis of religious grounds. It's not all about bathrooms, people.
My thoughts, exactly. Unfortunately, it's typical of right-wing, fundamentalist/born-again Christian zealots who are still hyper-focused on sex. They can't see or think about anything else. This is the same group of morons who voted for Trump and his "two Corinthians".

Fortunately, their numbers are dwindling as increasing numbers of Americans are waking up to the possibility that God doesn't exist, or at least that the Bible isn't supposed to be used as a manual on how to live life in the year 2017.

Record Few Americans Believe Bible Is Literal Word of God | Gallup

I'm just grateful for the fact that I don't live in Texas.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:

The Bible is not a circle of opinions where you can pick and choose what you like. The Bible is VERY clear on homosexuality, it is a sin and no amount of word smithing or devious attempts of manipulation will change it. Homosexuality IS a sin.
Then please don't indulge in homosexuality, if you think it's a matter of fact that it is a sin. I don't know if you do, but I certainly don't appreciate people who don't practice what they preach.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Christian rights have been threaten since the time of Moses. the LBTG have sued Bakers and Photographic Services, to name a few, ( . (The NM Case) The LBGT has more protections than regular citizens . There is no equal protection here except wanting to force values on Christians.

But Christians have every right to sue for religious discrimination if a homosexual baker shows them the door, because he hates their religion.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:15 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then please don't indulge in homosexuality, if you think it's a matter of fact that it is a sin. I don't know if you do, but I certainly don't appreciate people who don't practice what they preach.
I agree. If the Trump era has shown me anything its that fundamentalist Christianity is every bit as corrupt and hypocritical as liberal Christians and secularists have been accusing it of being for years. I wish they would get their own house in order instead of trying to impose morals and values on the rest of us that they can't even keep themselves (*cough* Ralph Shortey *cough*). Didn't Jesus say to take the log out of your own eye before taking the spec out of somebody else's? Very few fundamentalist Christians actually follow the teachings of Christ these days. To them, it's all Old Testament, with the assumption that America is under the same covenant with God that the theocracy of ancient Israel was.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Yes, in contract law, and one would have to prove damages because of it. A statement of gender is not a contract itself,...
Impersonating another is in, and of itself, a fraudulent misrepresentation and a crime in many States.

Quote:
... and I can't see how a man stating they were female or vice versa would cause some kind of damage to another party.
A man cannot be a female, no matter how many times it is stated.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:46 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Impersonating another is in, and of itself, a fraudulent misrepresentation and a crime in many States.

A man cannot be a female, no matter how many times it is stated.
People who are trans aren't "impersonating another" and won't be arrested for it. The end.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:38 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
What's incorrect? Can anatomically female/male people still not enter restrooms for the purpose of sexual assault?
What's incorrect? The assertion that not allowing anatomical males to use girls'/women's bathroom/changing/locker/shower room facilities (and vice versa) is discrimination. As the Federal Judge stated, transgender status is not a "suspect class" under equal-protection review, so there is no violation of Constitutional rights.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:41 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
I could not hold down a job in Texas so I wouldn't worry about it lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies