Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times

Advertisements

It's a private gym. If they don't want a Nazi in there they have the right to cancel his membership.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
Yes it's the best thing about our country you can say whatever you want, but people also have the freedom to disagree with you. It was beautiful thing the founder's thought of and something I've always been proud of
But does a business have the right to ban someone from their establishment because they don't like their personal viewpoint when they were just paying to use a gym and not bothering anyone and then they are getting verbally assaulted by a lunatic?

Old 05-22-2017, 05:38 PM

417 posts, read 345,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
But does a business have the right to ban someone from their establishment because they don't like their personal viewpoint when they were just paying to use a gym and not bothering anyone and then they are getting verbally assaulted by a lunatic?
I agree with you? Criticism and banning are two different things criticism is having a blog post made about you outlining horrible things you've said. Banning someone because of a politcal belief no matter how offensive is not okay. He was keeping quiet and seemed quite ashamed of who he was. It was never a problem before that lady came up and made noise.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
It's a private gym. If they don't want a Nazi in there they have the right to cancel his membership.
So any business has a right to deny anyone because of their beliefs? So a Christian company can deny service for a gay couple because they are a private company? Or a company can deny service to a Democrat, or a Republican just because of their politcal belief's?

Old 05-22-2017, 05:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Yes. Being a offensive Nazi is not a protected class.

Quote:
So any business has a right to deny anyone because of their beliefs? So a Christian company can deny service for a gay couple because they are a private company? Or a company can deny service to a Democrat, or a Republican just because of their politcal belief's?
They cannot do so for being gay. But they can for your political beliefs.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Why? I'm interested in hearing your prospective?

Old 05-22-2017, 06:48 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsne...confrontation/

I am confused the lady was the one making the scene . Several patrons yelled at her for making a scene. He didn't have to tell her who he was. I'm confused as to why he was banned.
No confusion really, there is a substantial minority on the left that does not recognize the rule of law and will use any means necessary, including violence, to intimidate and suppress ideological opponents. The business in this case decided it was safer to treat an individual customer unfairly than to risk being targeted by violent groups.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:54 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
He's a slimeball but I wouldn't say anything to him if I saw him in a gym where I worked out.

No need to confront him.

That's not being 'brave' that's being a dumb showboat in front of everyone trying to be a 'hero.'

Old 05-22-2017, 07:01 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Actually gays are not a federally protected class either. Only protected are "race,color,sex and ethnic origin". Pretty sure this guy was banned for being a white male which are two protected classes. I'm sure lawsuits will ensue and laws will be reinterpreted, gyms will be out of business, professors will be out of work and the world will keep spinning

Old 05-22-2017, 07:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
When the topic of "what about free speech?" comes up in these threads, it always shows who failed (among other things) their Civics courses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies