Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It isn't the government using intimidation and violence to repress speech, just little ole us. So it's not a free speech issue! Yeah. Brilliant.
I'm sure you could find a civics course you could enroll in, if it'll help.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Frankly, I wouldn't. We had a world-wide Nazi problem a few decades back, and it took quite an effort to stamp it out. Social disapproval doesn't work if you get to say horrid things in public and then insist on having the right to be left alone when it suits you.

The Richard Spencers of this world have broadcast their intent to never, ever live up to that noble credo. As far as I'm concerned, they don't have any right to enjoy its benefits.
We had a Nazi problem 75 years ago. We've had a rude problem much longer up to and including today.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:11 PM

33 posts, read 30,187 times
This is good. For all those saying "But...but...the first amendment!" it's wrong. We should never give a platform for hate speech, that's how men like Trump get elected. As well as radicalization. Fortunately Europe is a LOT more progressive on this issue.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:49 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
We had a Nazi problem 75 years ago. We've had a rude problem much longer up to and including today.
I'll reserve the right to be rude to neo-Nazis. I do not, in fact, see a problem with that. As long as it's their declared intent to do much worse than merely being rude to people who've never harmed them, and as long as they try to paper over the crimes their spiritual forefathers committed - sorry, they're not entitled to courtesy.

Kinda funny how Mr. Superior Race had to plead with an African-American trainer when he needed a Safe Space, though.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:52 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Pretty sure this guy was banned for being a white male which are two protected classes.
Nah. He was banned for being a raving a-hole, and that's not a protected class.

See, you can't just stop being of your race, gender, origin etc. as an act of will. You can, however, stop being an a-hole if you decide to.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
See, you can't just stop being of your race, gender, origin etc. as an act of will.
That's totally against the SJW playbook.

Did you have a moment of clarity or simply forget your own talking points?

Old 05-22-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I'll reserve the right to be rude to neo-Nazis. I do not, in fact, see a problem with that. As long as it's their declared intent to do much worse than merely being rude to people who've never harmed them, and as long as they try to paper over the crimes their spiritual forefathers committed - sorry, they're not entitled to courtesy.

Kinda funny how Mr. Superior Race had to plead with an African-American trainer when he needed a Safe Space, though.
I don't think Spencer has specifically threatened anyone in that regard. His only acts of violence are probably on par with yours (voting, supporting an involuntary State of some kind).

Old 05-22-2017, 11:37 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
He's a slimeball but I wouldn't say anything to him if I saw him in a gym where I worked out.

No need to confront him.

That's not being 'brave' that's being a dumb showboat in front of everyone trying to be a 'hero.'
I'd "out" him for who he is in a second! You go around pushing Nazi beliefs, you should be proud to be known for exactly who you are! Anywhere you go. The grocery store? Yep. The theater? Yep.

Don't want to be known as the Nazi in the room. Should have considered that when you formed your personality.

"Spencer was heard saying "Hail Trump" and quoting Nazi propaganda at a white nationalist conference in Washington to mark Mr. Trump's victory."

Old 05-22-2017, 11:41 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,085 times
Quote:

Not only funny, but indicative of what kind of hypocritical pansy he really is.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I personally wouldn't care if I was at the same gym as the man. While I don't know the man's views to condemn them (and I've become very cautious about believing what the MSM prints about people's beliefs nowadays), I don't believe in banning people from patronizing business due to differences in political beliefs (regardless of how abhorrent someone's beliefs may be to me), though I acknowledge that the gym owner had every right to do so and that it was likely a good business decision to do so (lord knows that professor would've caused an even bigger scene had the gym not taken such steps).
Post like this scare me. This man has websites and videos that you are fully capable of watching. You either choose not to, or you are being willfully obtuse so you can make an ideological stance on property rights and the free market.

Quote:
My safety wouldn't be threatened with him being there and I'm at the gym for me.
Probably because you are not a minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies