Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 03:10 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The UK government, against the peoples' wishes, allowed Muslims to immigrate in droves over the past few decades.
How did the peoples express their wishes; through a referendum? When?

Quote:
They were part of the former British empire, that's the reason given.
My uncle came to Britain in 1921. He even served in the British army during the WWII. He was no problem to Britain.

I am a Muslim and never have been any problem to Britain. The same goes for my sons born in Britain. In fact, a vast majority of Muslims are no problem to Britain. Blaming all Muslims for the crimes of a very small minority won't help solve any problem.

Quote:
First generation=okay, second generation often gets radicalized.
By whom? If the first generation is okay then who radicalized the second generation?

Quote:
There is something about this religion that plants a seed of hatred and terrorism into its young people all too often.
How come the same religion did not plant seed of hatred and terrorism in the first generation when it was young?

Quote:
Can we severely limit immigration of people of this religion?
A better idea would be to severely limit bombing countries with Muslim majority. If you bomb Muslim countries, you teach second generation bombing Muslims is okay. That's why the second generation bombs even Muslims.

The first generation to the second generation:

"You should learn from us to live peacefully in this country."

The second generation to the first generation:

"Where did it get you to by being peaceful Muslims in this country?
They don't see you as peaceful; they see all of us as Muslims.

Can you see my point, in newengland?

Old 05-23-2017, 03:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Our country needs to learn from what's happening in the UK and HAS BEEN HAPPENING in the UK for decades.

The UK government, against the peoples' wishes, allowed Muslims to immigrate in droves over the past few decades. They were part of the former British empire, that's the reason given. It was not pc to criticize them, you would be called racist.

First generation=okay, second generation often gets radicalized. I despise Trump but that aside, since this religion tends to turn against whatever country welcomes them, we need to sit up and take notice or else it will be happening here too, much more often then it already it. There is something about this religion that plants a seed of hatred and terrorism into its young people all too often. Can we severely limit immigration of people of this religion?
To be fair: word is the Sufi Muslims are usually really decent people, their kind don't worry me that much. Daesh hates them so, that's Ok with me.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:27 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Uh...

Brexit.
Yes, exactly my point!

Better to close your border to prevent free movement in from outside than elect Trump to illegally discriminate only Mouzelambs.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:31 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
How did the peoples express their wishes; through a referendum? When?

My uncle came to Britain in 1921. He even served in the British army during the WWII. He was no problem to Britain.

I am a Muslim and never have been any problem to Britain. The same goes for my sons born in Britain. In fact, a vast majority of Muslims are no problem to Britain. Blaming all Muslims for the crimes of a very small minority won't help solve any problem.

By whom? If the first generation is okay then who radicalized the second generation?

How come the same religion did not plant seed of hatred and terrorism in the first generation when it was young?

A better idea would be to severely limit bombing countries with Muslim majority. If you bomb Muslim countries, you teach second generation bombing Muslims is okay. That's why the second generation bombs even Muslims.

The first generation to the second generation:

"You should learn from us to live peacefully in this country."

The second generation to the first generation:

"Where did it get you to by being peaceful Muslims in this country?
They don't see you as peaceful; they see all of us as Muslims.

Can you see my point, in newengland?
No one knows the answers to these questions but usually the first generation is fine. It's the second generation who often tend to feel alienated and turn to radicalism, same as in the US. No one is saying it's "all" Muslims.

My husband is from the north in the UK and he got sick of not being able to fly a British flag because it was not pc, having his entire town council composed of Muslims--too many all at once, starting back in the 1970s and not stopping despite what the voters wanted. People were brainwashed by the government, told not to worry.

I think any form of religious fanaticism is dangerous, Christian or Muslim or whatever. Extremists are people who are alienated and often go to dangerous measures to accomplish their means.

I agree that it's unfortunate that a some get blamed for the actions of others. Back in March when I was in the UK, I was helped with my phone (getting a sim card and UK minutes) by a really wonderful Muslim woman--headscarf and all. She was so exceedingly kind and helpful that I actually went and spoke to the manager of the shop and told him. Not because I thought she was some exceptional Muslim, but she was an exceptional human being, having spent about an hour with me while also minding the shop! But the fact remains that many Muslims hate us and many do become radicalized and kill us or make us live our lives in fear. This has to stop.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
History is slowly repeating itself.
Can't say i am honestly suprised.

One mans extremist terrorist is just another mans champion of justice and each creates the other in turn.

We all cry for a coming together of humanity to end suffering and violence, but we continue to argue what we all should believe as the basis for us to be unified on.

We all want the same thing, but we can't stop telling each other how to accomplish it.. it's a no win situation for anyone, it's just a lot of fighting for your own beliefs and cause.

Round and round it goes.
Such is life

Yadda yadda

Last edited by rego00123; 05-23-2017 at 03:51 PM..

Old 05-23-2017, 03:45 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
What makes that real?

Old 05-23-2017, 04:15 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
What makes that real?
Did you even bother to open the link to see what it is??

Old 05-23-2017, 04:25 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
As bad as these type of attacks are, they pale compared to what these jihadists are capable of. And I'm thinking they have the resources in place, and are building up more, to pull off some serious damage. They are biding their time. Attacks like this are designed to ...sort of herd things. In the direction they want them to go. They want to provoke a large scale reaction. ISIS and the other large jihadist groups would like nothing more than a declared war, and a large scale commitment of forces. Particularly by the US but if the UK were to commit as well, that wouldn't bother them. Throw in France and Germany they have that covered to.

I'm not underestimating the jihadists. I'm going to concentrate on the US, but what I'm postulating here can be applied to the UK , France and Germany as well. Here in the US I believe they have been building a fifth column type of force. Slowly, bringing in arms, supplies and people incrementally over time. Keeping the build up small scale so they can stay off the radar. If the US commits to a declared war, whether it be in the ME or not, taking on NK would suit them even better, they know how stretched our military is. We have been having to federalize and deploy NG units since Desert Storm. That's pretty telling as to how limited our full scale capability is.

A declared war would pretty much empty the bottle so to speak. There would be very, very little here at home in terms of combat ready military units. Our enemies are not stupid. They have looked at our history, and the fact that we have not had any sort of steady military campaign against us inside our borders since 1812 has not escaped them. Once the US commits to a declared war, our military assets have been taken down to scraping the jar, and DC is focused on an overseas campaign, the assets they have here will be put into play. Initially, they will coordinate their assets across the country. Platoon strength to company size units will deploy and hit strategic targets. Power plants, dams, water treatment plants , bridges, airports and railway infrastructure. Critical hard targets that will bring things to a grinding halt in just a short period.

These attacks will be timed and well coordinated. After this initial assault the units will break up into squad size and even smaller, and scatter to predetermined locations where they have caches off the grid to rearm and continue with attacks. These small but numerous units can blend in, particularly in the large urban centers. These small units can then either hit predetermined targets or targets of opportunity. Using small arms like full auto SBRs, grenades and RPGs assault groups of say ten guys can disperse through crowded areas, work on a timetable, hit and then just fade away among all the panic stricken people to regroup and hit somewhere else.

We won't be ready for this. With an overseas declared war going down, all this mayhem right here at home will put federal state and local governments into a flat spin. LE at all levels of jurisdiction and administration will not be able to handle the chaos. People won't be able to either. As our enemies well know, the American people do not know the face of war other than what they see on TV. Having it become a reality will create major problems. Unless DC takes this type of probability into account before commiting to a declared war with anyone (the major suspects being NK or with the jihadists which spreads us out over a lot of countries) the entire US could look like the LA riots. It's a brutally simple plan really and there has been time to get the assets in place. It wouldn't surprise me at all if NK and the jihadists had some sort of alliance in getting such a plan ready. Enemy of my enemy. Of course the jihadists don't work for free, but NK could be sliding them money, arms and ammunition, medical supplies, explosives etc in exchange for a ....cooperative agreement...against the US. If the jihadists and the N Koreans weren't integrated here already I'd be surprised.

I do believe things will get far worse than single suicide bombers at concerts. That's just the bait in the trap.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:28 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
The reason why we should have the Travel Ban and Vet Islamic Visitors from Terrorist states with more vetting.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:32 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
I also have had friends and relatives (by marriage) caught in this trap. One of my brother's wife's three sisters married an Iranian national (a petroleum engineer, and quite secular) who was later caught up in the madness instigated by that germ, Rudollah Khomeini. She, and her two sons stayed on my family's dairy farm for about a year while the tension died down. The two boys are now in their thirties and fully westernized; one is a local attorney.

But I also worked for a time at a place where we had a number of Muslim employees -- accommodated them to the point where they had a private place to pray and satisfy their obligations. The majority were female, wore hajibs (not burkhas; no veil) but they seldom spoke -- even to other women.

I don't begrudge this, but it is not the way to establish honest communication and respect -- especially at a time of increased tensions. If, as I believe, the majority of American Muslims are law-abiding and decent, they must, as quickly as possible, expose and firmly close ranks against the dangerous minority of mad dogs among them. And if the identity, and criminal actions of a few of those mad dogs are clearly established, then it's time to make it clear that justice, even "street justice" will be swift, severe, and merciless, just as was the case for bin Laden.

Because there is only one known "cure" for rabies.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-23-2017 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies