Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 08:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, we westerners are finally getting a taste of our own medicine. It was heroic when our forefathers completely overtook America from the Native Americans, the French overtook areas in Asia and Indochina and the English overtook Australia from the aborigines.
Now you're just being daft!

If we're going to get a "taste of our own medicine," maybe it should be from a people and religion that ISN'T ITSELF one of - if not THE - single largest colonizer and imperalist ideology IN THE WORLD, EVER?

Islam and the Arabs colonized and wiped out the Northern African cultures. It extended its tentacles into Africa, India, SE Asia and EUROPE. In fact, the Middle East and North African Muslims colonized, raped, pillaged and enslaved Europeans and Europe for CENTURIES prior to the first European embarking on the colonial era.

The Ottoman Empire held control over much of eastern Europe up until WW1!!!!

And you know what, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the culture in the west was being supplanted by a superior, progressive and even more open culture. But it's not. You are sleepwalking into oblivion and coming under a cloud of a very conservative culture and religion. The ones who will pay are religious minorities, sexual minorities and women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25
I'm not saying I'm happy about this in the least. I enjoy living in a civilized society free from war but this kind of takeover isn't unique to this period of time in humanity's history.

Interestingly enough that you bring up the Aborigines and Native Americans, though. Essentially, if you were a native American back then and someone was warning you about all these Europeans arriving, you'd be that one guy in the tribe saying, "we should give them a chance! Multiculturalism and diversity is our strength!"

As long as you understand how history is going to look back at people like you, who have a "well, it is what it is" attitude. When 100 years from now gay people are having to flee France the attitudes of the left will be responsible for it. When the last Jew has fled Europe for Israel (as they are doing now in record numbers), we will remember this moment.

We have an absolute responsibility to fight back against this. Just as every aborigine and Indian had the right and duty to fight back against the loss of their people, lands and culture.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:05 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Quote:
George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.
Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-26-2017 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 05-25-2017, 09:07 AM

25,730 posts, read 18,797,332 times
The price society pays for being "inclusive" and "non-judgmental." May as well get used to it.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Now you're just being daft!

If we're going to get a "taste of our own medicine," maybe it should be from a people and religion that ISN'T ITSELF one of - if not THE - single largest colonizer and imperalist ideology IN THE WORLD, EVER?

Islam and the Arabs colonized and wiped out the Northern African cultures. It extended its tentacles into Africa, India, SE Asia and EUROPE. In fact, the Middle East and North African Muslims colonized, raped, pillaged and enslaved Europeans and Europe for CENTURIES prior to the first European embarking on the colonial era.

The Ottoman Empire held control over much of eastern Europe up until WW1!!!!

And you know what, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the culture in the west was being supplanted by a superior, progressive and even more open culture. But it's not. You are sleepwalking into oblivion and coming under a cloud of a very conservative culture and religion. The ones who will pay are religious minorities, sexual minorities and women.

Interestingly enough that you bring up the Aborigines and Native Americans, though. Essentially, if you were a native American back then and someone was warning you about all these Europeans arriving, you'd be that one guy in the tribe saying, "we should give them a chance! Multiculturalism and diversity is our strength!"

As long as you understand how history is going to look back at people like you, who have a "well, it is what it is" attitude. When 100 years from now gay people are having to flee France the attitudes of the left will be responsible for it. When the last Jew has fled Europe for Israel (as they are doing now in record numbers), we will remember this moment.

We have an absolute responsibility to fight back against this. Just as every aborigine and Indian had the right and duty to fight back against the loss of their people, lands and culture.
If you think I'm saying we should just sit back and take it, you are completely incorrect. I just found the sentiment to be interesting and commented upon it.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:09 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, we westerners are finally getting a taste of our own medicine. It was heroic when our forefathers completely overtook America from the Native Americans, the French overtook areas in Asia and Indochina and the English overtook Australia from the aborigines.

I'm not saying I'm happy about this in the least. I enjoy living in a civilized society free from war but this kind of takeover isn't unique to this period of time in humanity's history.
What you say is true. The difference this time, is that government officials are keeping their native populations down, helping Muslims in their ambitions. We see it in Germany, France, Belgium, and England. I have wondered for years why this is so. I still don't understand why this is happening. What I do know, is that the politicians of the last 50 years in my country, will go down in history as traitors.

I see boats full of Muslims launched in north Africa, being helped and saved, then brought to Europe. Why are they not picked up and returned to North Africa? Don't say it can't be done. It isn't done because of so called humanitarian grounds. We are shown photos of a dead child on a Turkish beach. His father had put his family in a faulty boat trying to reach Greece. They were perfectly safe in Turkey. He wanted to join the gravy train, and his son paid his life for it.

The photo went round the world, and the western world were made to somehow feel guilt for this father putting his family in a dangerous boat. He and his family were already safe, but he didn't want to miss the chance of joining so many other Muslims looking for a so called better life. He was running from Syria apparently. A country at war with as usual, Muslims killing other Muslims.

Where is the so called head of Islam in all this? How many refugees are Saudi Arabia taking in? Maybe they've spent too much money paying for Mosques to be built in England, and other European countries. Time to get a grip of the situation. We are tired of laws being brought out to intimidate the English people from speaking out. No more attempts at silencing criticism by screeching racist at us. The murder of Lee Rigby was bad enough, but the murder of Manchester's children is the last straw. Any politician who comes knocking on my door during this election campaign will get the sharp edge of my tongue, and any coming to make speeches in my town will be hearing from me, and I won't mince my words.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The liberals have ruined America.
Until Trump fires all of Obama's leftover FBI/CIA/NSA spooks, we are a terrible risk of any intelligence.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
What you say is true. The difference this time, is that government officials are keeping their native populations down, helping Muslims in their ambitions. We see it in Germany, France, Belgium, and England. I have wondered for years why this is so. I still don't understand why this is happening. What I do know, is that the politicians of the last 50 years in my country, will go down in history as traitors.

I see boats full of Muslims launched in north Africa, being helped and saved, then brought to Europe. Why are they not picked up and returned to North Africa. Don't say it can't be done. It isn't done because of so called humanitarian grounds. We are shown photos of a dead child on a Turkish beach. His father had put his family in a faulty boat trying to reach Greece. They were perfectly safe in Turkey. He wanted to join the gravy train, and his son paid his life for it.

The photo went round the world, and the western world were made to somehow feel guilt for this father putting his family in a dangerous boat. He and his family were already safe, but he didn't want to miss the chance of joining so many other Muslims looking for a so called better life. He was running from Syria apparently. A country at war with as usual, Muslims killing other Muslims.

Where is the so called head of Islam in all this? How many refugees are Saudi Arabia taking in? Maybe they've spent too much money paying for Mosques to be built in England, and other European countries. Time to get a grip of the situation. We are tired of laws being brought out to intimidate the English people from speaking out. No more attempts at silencing criticism by screeching racist at us. The murder of Lee Rigby was bad enough, but the murder of Manchester's children is the last straw. Any politician who comes knocking on my door during this election campaign will get the sharp edge of my tongue, and any coming to make speeches in my town will be hearing from me, and I won't mince my words.
First and foremost, I don't think people concerned by what is going on with Muslim extremists are necessarily racist. I am very concerned about the safety of innocent people across the world and it makes me sick that children and mothers died on Monday night due to the actions of a Muslim extremist. We shouldn't have to fear going to concerts, movies, outside markets, etc. We absolutely do have to do something about it. I don't know what the answer is because I truly believe many Muslims are innocent victims just as the rest of us are.

As far as people fleeing these countries, do you truly believe people would put their lives at risk and the lives of their children because they are not in fear of their lives?

Old 05-25-2017, 09:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
.. and let's look at Germany

German authorities are struggling to keep up with this large number of asylum seekers and haven't been able to provide them with proper food & shelter.

Majority of these people are Adults and to teach these people the language and then to find appropriate jobs for such a large number of people is almost impossible (kids have time on their side but adults don't).

So this will create a large number of welfare fed population which will form the lower class of German society. This lower class will most certainly give rise to criminals and frauds which is something German society is totally free of yet.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
"Donald Trump admitted himself that he told Russians about the intel the US gov't received from Israel."

Trump supporters: "Damn commie liberals keep leaking information!"

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Reuters
British police have stopped sharing information on the suicide bombing in Manchester with the United States, the BBC reported on Thursday, because of fears that leaks in the U.S. media could hinder a hunt for a possible bomb-maker still at large.
If confirmed, the halt to the sharing investigative details with Britain's most important defence and security ally would underscore the level of anger in Britain at leaks to the U.S. media of details about the police investigation.
UK police stop sharing information on Manchester attack with U.S. after leaks

The media needs to stop reporting ANYTHING that comes out of that lying MORON'S mouth!
LOCK HIM UP!
Yep, Obama needs to be locked up! Oh wait, who were you talking about? It couldn't be Trump because he didn't leak anything to the U.S. media.

Nice try, great false outrage, fail on the target though. All around I'd give the thread a 3 out of 10 for effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies