Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 11:37 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Up until tRump, presidents HAD this discretion you speak of.

The intellect of a hamster combined with the judgement of a 3 year old.

So I point out a fact, and you reply with childishness, sadly, it's par for the course,

It's not exactly a secret that there are subs near N Korea, it was publicly announced that a carrier battle group was sent to operate there. The battle group includes subs, that it common knowledge.

But hey, let's all act like deranged mental cases, and attack the president for revealing what is already publicly known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Lets all say it together, the president can share classified information at his discretion.
Let's understand it together - this assumes a sane American POTUS who is acting with reason and logic. We have broken through ALL barriers with this clown, IMHO.

discretion at that level is something only sane people possess...

I am certain that, as we speak, in the bowels of the Pentagon they are trying to figure out how to get rid of this guy. Nuclear subs? Congrats on murdering pot dealers?

You couldn't make this up. Someday I hope to watch the movie....they will talk about people like you who acted as if it was all normal.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Let's understand it together - this assumes a sane American POTUS who is acting with reason and logic. We have broken through ALL barriers with this clown, IMHO.

discretion at that level is something only sane people possess...

I am certain that, as we speak, in the bowels of the Pentagon they are trying to figure out how to get rid of this guy. Nuclear subs? Congrats on murdering pot dealers?

You couldn't make this up. Someday I hope to watch the movie....they will talk about people like you who acted as if it was all normal.

How uninformed do you have to be to not understand that it's public knowledge that there are nuclear subs operating near NK?

I just can't for the life of me understand how unhinged one has to be to attack the president for being accused of revealing what is already public knowledge.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:43 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,318 times
I am so surprised... no one uttered.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
From the article:

"Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Washington had "a lot of firepower over there", according to the New York Times, which quoted a transcript of an April 29 call between the two."

To pretend anything different is pointless.
Whoa, that's some real secret info there. "a lot of firepower over there". Just give it up already. You guys are looking more and more foolish as the days go by.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So I point out a fact, and you reply with childishness, sadly, it's par for the course,
You point out a fact, and I respond with multiple facts. Reality just isn't favorable to tRump followers these days. It's understandable that you'd want to deflect.

Quote:
It's not exactly a secret that there are subs near N Korea, it was publicly announced that a carrier battle group was sent to operate there. The battle group includes subs, that it common knowledge.
Whatever keeps you in tRump's pocket.

Quote:
But hey, let's all act like deranged mental cases, and attack the president for revealing what is already publicly known.
I'll leave that behavior to the Trumplings.

But thanks for offering.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It's the bragging gene. He has to try to impress people out of his deep-seated insecurity and self-aggrandizement (and maybe Trump Towers in Istanbul and Manila). And if he gives out classified info--it's collateral damage right?

Hillary had unsecured servers. Trump has an unsecured mouth. Difference is that he is freely and knowingly giving out classified info to known dictators and foreign intelligence.

When is Gowdy going to interrogate someone over this???

Old 05-24-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You point out a fact, and I respond with multiple facts.
You responded with childishness.

It's this mentality that made you dems unable to see reality, and not understand that the polls during the election weren't real. It's your refusal to see reality that made you believe that Hillary was going to win, and that Trump had no chance. It's your blind partisanship that makes you unable to see the repeatedly lies, and false stories that routinely come out about Trump. The ridiculous part is that the hit piece articles debunk themselves if you just bother to read them.

You just keep up with the ridiculous, and childish behavior, it only reflects badly on you, not Trump. We all watched the fools that did nothing but start threads daily attacking Obama about any, and everything, and now you dems are acting much worse.

Seriously, go back and take a good look at the fools that started threads daily about Obama, and understand that you dems are acting worse, much worse.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:12 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The problem is that we have a president who can't keep his mouth shut or does not have an editing function in his brain.

There may be leaks coming from the WH because there are those near Trump who see him as a danger to national security. But then again, given Trump's past, I would not put it beyond him that he either leaks himself, or blabs at his clubs and among friends.

We already know that he will divulge classified information to the Russians, so why not Duerte. It's in his nature.

The president should be able to freely discuss these matters with our allies on a secure phone line. He isn't the problem.

THE PROBLEM is the seditious leaker. And contrary to your assertion, Trump isn't the leaker. Why would he leak his own phone call? The claim is stupid on its face.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
In the released transcripts, it was also notable that Trump congratulated the dictator on murdering people (sans trials). Trump is simply unbelievable.

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/23/...n-amazing-job/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies