Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 08:01 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Oh, you mean like these execrable episodes of violence and mayhem perpetrated by sniveling leftist thugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClTmiAx_Ryk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xm2qngUWpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-TiLE_vq1o

OK, pal. Whatever you say. Consider them unmentioned.
Your links show anarchists, not Democrats. Why do arch-conservative Republican insist on equating and deliberately confusing the two?

Oh, wait, I think I know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh please. One Republican manhandles a reporter and you think that equates to all of the pathetic excuses the left has given for violence over the years? Give it a rest.
And other right-winger Tea Party types knocked a peacefully protesting young woman carrying a sign to the ground and stepped on her head and shoulder, sending her to the hospital, at a Rand Paul rally just a few blocks from my home in Central Kentucky a couple of years ago.

At least Paul himself did not knock anyone down, unlike Montana's newest congressman-elect.

Your effort to disclaim and deflect is patently transparent. Politically motivated violence is wrong, no matter who the perpetrator or the victims. Trying to excuse such violence by casting blame onto other parties only weakens your own argument. Why engage in such tactics? You do nothing to attract others to your "cause".

Old 05-26-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
'Round these parts, decking a reporter from the Guardian isn't considered a bad thing...
I don't believe I'd brag about that, were I you. Doesn't reflect well on those living "round these parts", y'know.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:33 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
'Round these parts, decking a reporter from the Guardian isn't considered a bad thing...
i didn't hear you say. Do you live in Nazi Germany?

I generally feel its bad argument to make comparisons between your opponent and nazis or communists. I've criticized other people here for doing it. However, there are a handful of situations where--sadly--the comparison is appropriate. When one boasts or legitimizes the use of violence against someone who is trying to report upon a candidate or public official one seeks to deny the most elemental freedom in this country which is freedom of the press. People who would not allow freedom of press do indeed deserve to be compared to nazis.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:09 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

So. I can post Conservatives behaving badly. Lotsa footage on YouTube.

Did you also remember to mention that these "conservatives" in Birmingham were also yellow-dog Democrats, as were the violent thugs performing criminal acts in the "AntiFa" videos?

No? I didn't think so. I wonder why.

In the interest of completing the record here, I'll mention it, since you failed to do so, for some unexplained reason.

And remember...whenever you think of racial bias and hatred, corruption, philosophical intolerance, and the willingness and propensity to use violence to achieve political ends, think Democrats.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:46 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Snowflake reporter isn't exactly a peaceful, passive innocent:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/statu...28951752097792

By the way, to make it clear who Benji Backer is:

http://www.benjibacker.com/

He's 19 now.

He was 16 when snowflake reporter talked about wanting to punch him.

Hypocrite.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:00 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,212,781 times
Most people are not going to vote for a member of Congress from the party that is in opposition to their value system, even if the nominee for their own party has significant personal issues. This doesn't mean the most of his voters necessarily approved of the winner's conduct, even if they shared his disdain for what the reporter represents. Also a large share of the votes were banked before the incident took place.

The state of Montana has voted consistently Republican for the House for nearly two decades, so last night's result reaffirms the status quo. Democrats have been improving incrementally in this year's special elections, but they're starting out so far behind that actually winning is proving prohibitively difficult. Working their way back to a Congressional majority is going to be a marathon that could take years, not a sprint.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:35 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
When assaulting one group of workers is permitted, where does it stop?

Reporters are all doing their jobs. When it becomes OK to beat up someone doing their job, some other group of workers doing a different job will be next, and then another and another.

This is the way anarchy begins. Anarchy never ends well for anyone. You could be the next to be beaten. Or me, or your daughter, or mine, or your grandfather, or mine.

No one would be immune, and ho one would be protected or have safety while conducting peaceful business.

Encouraging lawlessness is both a terrible idea and a very stupid one. Condoning a criminal act is bad enough. Encouraging one is much worse.

Don't be a dunce. You don't want a live led in a perpetually violent society. No one likes a life of terror. Permission is where it all starts.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:32 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I saw two stations blaming Trump for the attitudes toward the crooked reporters. They are wrong. I have been wanting to throw a shoe through the TV for years and long before Trump was running for anything but I know that will only cost me money. This happens any time I am clicking through the channels and happen on _____ or ___ or ___. I just try my best not to get stuck on these channels.

If they want to blame anyone for the lack of respect of news reporters all they have to do is look in the mirror and talk to themselves. You have to wonder if somehow they got their heads screwed on crooked. Their thought processes are certainly flawed.

I was hoping this incident would make them realize how we feel about them and maybe they can change their attitude and the way they report things. More than 80% of some agencies is negative toward the person we elected president. That is not truthful reporting. Just about every time they say something about how American's feel about something my response to it is "NO." You need to change the questions to a less biased way of questioning and go do that study again. I don't believe it for one minute.

There was a program on this week about immigration that was un-American. Patriotic Americans will never be for ignoring our immigration laws and suggesting illegals are poor things. Maybe they need to learn what a criminal is and go do another more truthful documentary. I found joy in the fact the FBI ate and then asked to speak to the persons preparing the wonderful meal and ended up arresting two of them as was on the news this morning. Those people telling how they couldn't do without the illegals was beyond any truth. If they cannot find qualified workers it is because they haven't tried. And I know an American citizen who have been trying to get into a doctor's residency program for two years. We don't need people from other countries doing residency's until all the people who want to do that here have been placed.

Congratulations voters in Montana. You did good!

Last edited by NCN; 05-26-2017 at 02:00 PM..

Old 05-26-2017, 02:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Did you also remember to mention that these "conservatives" in Birmingham were also yellow-dog Democrats, as were the violent thugs performing criminal acts in the "AntiFa" videos?

No? I didn't think so. I wonder why.

In the interest of completing the record here, I'll mention it, since you failed to do so, for some unexplained reason.

And remember...whenever you think of racial bias and hatred, corruption, philosophical intolerance, and the willingness and propensity to use violence to achieve political ends, think Democrats.
They are Southern Conservatives. They left the Democrats to all become Repubs.

You know this so stop arguing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies