Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 01:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
We should probably remember this incident as well:

COVER-UP: Look Who Just Got a DUI and Assaulted an Officer, TOTAL MEDIA SILENCE

But then, that was drunk and assaulting a cop, so I guess that is sufficient explanation...

Montana residents will regret this decision?
Oh, I don't think so. given the choices, there was no question in my mind about who to vote for. A failed musician or a successful business man? Nope, no question!
By the way, we really don't know who was telling the truth. The Fox lady has already changed her story; she "misspoke".
It is certain that somebody lied. I wonder who?
How much money did Democrats give that candidate , the FEC says he raised a total of 26,000 dollars.

https://www.fec.gov/data/candidate/H...tion_full=True

You are asking Democrats to not support someone they already didnt support. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 02:12 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Sorry to be late to this dance but which of these 10 body slams resemble the so-called body slam that Montana congressman did on a reporter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJWd8eUvSKQ

See, I was watching Sean Spicer brief the media today (5/30/17) and I was hoping the Montana congressman would show up to throw his weight around the cheap seats but then I got to wondering how the older politician could lift the media guy with the glasses over his head and throw him down on the floor to make all of the other media members so aghast that they shed their namby pamby ways to throw out some wrestling lingo in their news coverage. I wondered if it was a real body slam or more in line with the Lewandowski mirage assault back in the campaign days so I checked out what a real body slam looks like. You can watch the video above

Obviously, no one covers wrestling at the hoity-toity media outlets or they wouldn't have insulted the WWE.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Sorry to be late to this dance but which of these 10 body slams resemble the so-called body slam that Montana congressman did on a reporter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJWd8eUvSKQ

See, I was watching Sean Spicer brief the media today (5/30/17) and I was hoping the Montana congressman would show up to throw his weight around the cheap seats but then I got to wondering how the older politician could lift the media guy with the glasses over his head and throw him down on the floor to make all of the other media members so aghast that they shed their namby pamby ways to throw out some wrestling lingo in their news coverage. I wondered if it was a real body slam or more in line with the Lewandowski mirage assault back in the campaign days so I checked out what a real body slam looks like. You can watch the video above

Obviously, no one covers wrestling at the hoity-toity media outlets or they wouldn't have insulted the WWE.
When I grab you around the neck and fling you to the ground, climb on top of you and start punching you, I hope you won't be all namby-pamby and claim you were assaulted.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:38 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
OK, does any Trump or Gianforte supporter on this thread want to share what they think is an appropriate sentence for Gianforte? I had asked two days ago. Crickets and evasiveness so far. You would insist that Quist be in prison for the maximum sentence if he had assaulted the reporter.

It really seems to be about party over principle for some people.

Pot meet kettle!
Its a first time offense, and a misdemeanor at that. He's not getting jail time. Now, it would be different if the reporter was actually injured (it seems that the reporter just had his glasses broken).

Old 05-31-2017, 04:40 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Its a first time offense, and a misdemeanor at that. He's not getting jail time. Now, it would be different if the reporter was actually injured (it seems that the reporter just had his glasses broken).
You're right- he most likely won't do any jail time, but the extent of injury doesn't weigh on the sentence.

It's the action that counts, not the results of the action. The possibility does remain that the judge might sentence Gianforte to some jail time anyway, if he does not appear to be genuinely contrite in court.

The maximum is 6 months. judges often sentence time for shorter periods. He could well sentence Gianforte to a 48 or 72 hour sentence, just to give him a taste of jail to take away the guy's hubris. Sentences like that are common out here.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
The congressman from Montana was elected after he slammed a reporter to the ground, and many made fun of him calling him pajama boy. Kathy Griffin was fired by CNN for her despicable display and rightfully so.

I guess we have a higher standard for comedians compared to congressmen.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:03 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You're right- he most likely won't do any jail time, but the extent of injury doesn't weigh on the sentence.

It's the action that counts, not the results of the action. The possibility does remain that the judge might sentence Gianforte to some jail time anyway, if he does not appear to be genuinely contrite in court.

The maximum is 6 months. judges often sentence time for shorter periods. He could well sentence Gianforte to a 48 or 72 hour sentence, just to give him a taste of jail to take away the guy's hubris. Sentences like that are common out here.
True in a sense, but injuries caused by action can make a prosecutor less likely to deal/more likely to push for a trial. And don't think that the extent of injuries don't play into the minds of judges sentencing either (to the extent that they have wiggle room in sentencing).

Old 06-07-2017, 07:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/872626786827472896

Old 06-13-2017, 01:51 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Gianforte plead guilty.

Anger management but no jail in Gianforte body-slam saga - - att.net

"Despite those repeated apologies, Gianforte has yet to fully address why his campaign's initial account of the confrontation cast blame on Jacobs."

Old 06-13-2017, 02:24 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
I wonder what Joe Citizen would have had as a sentence for the same crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies