Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:12 AM

21,050 posts, read 19,537,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
What part of mutilation are you not grasping, exactly?
Why is it mutilation in one case and not the other? That is what I am asking and that is what you are refusing to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If you can't understand this, you've got serious problems. Wow.
And if you can't answer it.....?

Old 05-25-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Seriously folks, think about why you even bother to respond to hate filled threads like this. You cannot enlighten these people with reason. They post threads like this because they are bitter, angry people with nothing going on in their lives so, they get their rocks off attacking people they view as "different" to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic lives. Don't give in to the trolls, let threads like this die a quick death.
Seriously folks, if you are not willing to answer, why bother posting?

Old 05-25-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Depressing. It's not that you're trying to establish a false equivalence, it's that you're doing it so badly.
No answer from you either, huh?

Old 05-25-2017, 11:15 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,172,602 times
Why don't banks give out toasters any longer?

Old 05-25-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why don't banks give out toasters any longer?
You can't explain it either, huh?

Old 05-25-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Why am bread good for eating but rocks no am good for eating. Ugg confused!
Grammar dystopia.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:18 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,216,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Recently a doctor in Detroit has been charged with Female Genital Mutilation. I'm wondering why it is a crime to cut off part of skin, but not a crime to cut of a ________ and turn it into a ________ or vice-versa? Maybe some liberal out there could explain this to me?
One is a personal choice, the other is not. You can't seriously not have known that.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I just know you've stated you're a dude in a dress. And your posts reflect the delusion that you are something else. What's more to know?
People who have posted here with any regularity know she's never posted any such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Feel free. You know what they say about opinions.

I've encountered one. In the workplace. A large man who wore a wig and dresses. We were for some reason expected to disregard the obvious reality and refer to him as a female in meetings. The women in the office were particularly ill at ease with him using the ladies room. I took the opportunity to move to another project soon after. I hold that there is no such thing as a "transperson" (to use your term). These are individuals with a mental disconnect which needs addressing by treating it as such, not by mutilation or cosmetic behavior such as changing the hair or style of dress. The problem is in the brain, not the body, and the brain is where it needs to be treated. I've never heard of a case of medical treatment where someone has a broken arm, cancer or other malady and the doctor responds with "Quick, cut off his d*ck and get some makeup!" or "She needs an addadictomy, a crew cut and a flannel shirt, stat!" And I surely can't fathom why the rest of us are expected to change our behavior or sense of reality to accommodate the twisted mind of another. Should I encounter another, of course I would immediately distance myself and my family from them in all ways, pronto.

Funny how "being true to themselves" seems to involve the rest of us accommodating them.
Do you always feel discomfort with people who aren't the same as you?

And what exactly are you shaking in your boots about that you'd have to distance yourself and your family?

Old 05-25-2017, 11:24 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,216,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why is FGM wrong but not MGM?
Because Christians and Jews do the latter and Muslims to the former. This is the only reason.

Worth noting, I think both are wrong. But that's the answer in terms of cultural acceptance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies