Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 05:59 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,328,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_notsquashme456 View Post
What were the things they said that made you laugh and had a certain ring to it?

These guys i listen because they compare history. They give details instead of hearing, RACIST and all that crap. And they always dig up dirt on both parties and then they explain why what happening behind the scenes.

Michael Savage most the time. Can't agree with sometimes

Michael Savage i couldn't stop listening about the Trayvon Martin case.

-Laura Ingram. Sounds like s msn sometimes

Infowars- would rather watch this than fox news, cnn and msnbc. Alex Jones i ignore the tantrums.
TJ Kirk (formerly the Amazing Atheist). He changed his Youtube title from The Amazing Atheist to T.J. Kirk because most of his conversational topics don't have to do with religion anymore. He does a lot of humor-related stuff, but that guy knows how to make some great arguments, and he researches his facts well. I find myself learning something useful that changes my perspective after watching just about every one his usually short videos.

He recently made a kind of interesting one about the Ariana Grande concert shootings where he actually defended people who joke about it:

https://youtu.be/CV9ATq0jkQU

The odd thing is, he actually winds up making a pretty moving, convincing argument in my opinion.

He loves to defend controversial opinions. He probably had a lot to do with starting many of Youtube's non-chauvinistic anti-feminism channels through calling attention to issues with the views of some modern day feminists. Liberals like him because he's extremely leftist in terms of economic matters. He wants free college and a high minimum wage and definitely national healthcare. He thinks Obama was center-right and I've never heard him say anything positive about any politician except Bernie Sanders.

Conservatives like him because he describes himself as a social libertarian. Most of the laws he'd want implanted are very left-wing, but people have confused him for a member of the alt-right because of who he makes fun of and what he talks about.

He curses a lot and is extremely crude and revels in being offensive though. My experience has usually been that at the beginning of his videos, judging by his initial comments, I see him as a racist, chauvinistic, horrible, probably sociopathic, disgusting arse of a human being...but by the end he's convinced me of something, or at least informed me about some useful piece of information.

I'd recommend his shorter videos. He has a habit of rambling on aimlessly in his longer ones, particularly his "Abandon Hope" series that often lasts for over an hour. I don't think he has a radio show though. I think he just has a Youtube podcast.

NPR is good too.

Last edited by Clintone; 05-26-2017 at 06:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 06:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,179,743 times
What is the point of listening to opinion shows? I refuse to do so because I think they really muddy the waters, at least it does for me. I'd rather listen and read the news, educate myself on the issues and form my own opinion. I do listen to talk radio, but like I said before - no talking heads BS.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:08 AM

23,339 posts, read 17,021,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
999 Herman Cain.
none of them. no one, lib or con

Old 05-26-2017, 06:09 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,006,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm often left wondering after seeing people on this forum talk about Infowars as if it's anything anyone should be taking seriously..do I actually know anyone who is this deluded/gullible/careless in my actual life?? Are they just hiding the fact that they pay attention to this crap from people knowing they will be thought of as fools?
That's kinda how I feel about people who watch SNL and Colbert-type garbage. Crap in, crap out.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:22 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,328,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
That's kinda how I feel about people who watch SNL and Colbert-type garbage. Crap in, crap out.
I don't think people watch SNL to learn anything. They just want to lay back and laugh at stupid jokes.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:24 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,640,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I don't think people watch SNL to learn anything. They just want to lay back and laugh at stupid jokes.
Exactly. There is a difference between propaganda and parody.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:24 AM

3,394 posts, read 3,431,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
9:00am - 12:00pm Chris Plante Show
12:00pm - 3:00pm Andrew Wilkow Show
9-12 michael smerkonish or patriot channel
12-3 wilkow

Old 05-26-2017, 06:32 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,245,213 times
CNN/MSNBC/Fox/NPR on XM radio.

You couldn't get me to listen to syndicated talk radio if you paid me. Too predictable and boring. At least on the news networks you get some hard news with the indoctrination.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:28 AM

5,295 posts, read 2,333,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The Young Turks and The Majority Report
...yeah that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies