Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:12 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You don't hold court on the side of the road. "I'm representing myself", the dude was trying to hold a court proceeding right then and there.

The cop does not have to tell you why he pulled you over when you demand it. The cop needs to get your information. Driving is a privilege, it is not a right. His first job was to get the guy's information, which the guy is legally required to do because of the fact that he was driving. At that time, the cop would tell him why he pulled him over.

The request that the cop should be giving in to the demands of the car driver reminds me of how many people raise their kids. They put out an order, the kid back talks and questions them, the parent gives in. The next time, the kid pushes further. That's how you end up with SJWs and snowflakes.

The cop did not do anything wrong here.

If you're going to create a thread trying to pin this on the person being black, then show the person doing everything that they are asked to do and still getting beat down. This is not one of those cases.

The case with the younger kid coming out of his car with his hands up, and then being on the ground, already handcuffed and not resisting but still being kicked by the cop...THAT is a good case for your argument that "cops do this because of race". Find those. Show those.

This one is not because the guy was black. This one is because the guy was a f-en idiot.
Being a cop is a privilege....and not a right. It is also a CHOICE. If it is so scary and bad...quit and let someone else do the job.

The cop followed the rules. The rules are flawed, as many rules laws of the past have been, but get corrected by cases such as these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 01:13 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
exactly. I wasn't even going to get deep on race for once. LOL. The video speaks for itself. Certain neighborhoods are just overpoliced like this.
Maybe because there are higher crime rates in these areas.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:14 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Show your ID, it takes two seconds to clear everything up and everyone goes on with life provided you are not in the wrong to begin with.

It's your burden to prove who you are when stopped for a traffic violation. This is why ID exists to help prevent confusion, on BOTH ends.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The driver doesn't get to make demands.
The driver initiated the incident by speeding.

Police officers are the authority, in order to keep control (which is their job) they must maintain authority. If an officer lets the civilian turn the dynamic around by allowing the civilian to ask the questions and make demands of the officer he gives control of the situation to the civilian. That is not a good thing.

I am thinking some of you most likely don't have kids or animals and have never been in a supervisory position.
Its funny how and why so many other civilized countries can figure it out.....but not America. Wealthiest country in the world with the largest prison population in the world. Maybe one is related to the other.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:16 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
higher crimes are caused by overpolicing. Didn't realize expired tags was a pressing matter. You overpolicing "nice" areas and watch crime rates rise in those areas.

And by the way, remember when the police in NYC stopped writing petty tickets and crime rates magically dropped? Gee, I wonder why.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You have to give police the benefit of the doubt why? How is answering a question of why you have stopped someone a potential threat to their safety? The number one reason police give for their violent behavior is that "I was scared". How is "why have you pulled me over" threatening?
Yes and it turns out the guy was driving illegally , so maybe the cop was right after all or do you just want it to be okay for black people to violate the law without consequence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Taylor is a downriver suburb of Detroit. Mostly white working class. Like many other suburbs, since 2000 many more African Americans have been moving in.......some residents, including police, may resent the influx.

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Quote:
Its funny how and why so many other civilized countries can figure it out.....but not America. Wealthiest country in the world with the largest prison population in the world. Maybe one is related to the other.
You may want to recant that statement after having involvement with other law enforment from said other countries.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:20 PM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Its because of the tough sentencing. This has to do with the courts not the cops.
I dont see how that is relevant to how to behave in a traffic stop or why cops shouldn't coddle law breakers.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I am saying that the police did not know that......hence....if you KNOW that your license is expired or revoked and your plates are expired....then you are going to be very careful not to attract the attention of the police.....no doubt, if you drive. That means not running any traffic signs. Believe me, people in such a situation are extra careful....I know....because I have driven with expired plates and no license before. Hence, the driver could not figure out what he did wrong.....the police were perpendicular to him....could not see the plates until before they started following him.
Exactly why the protocol is to check the paperwork first before talking to the driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies