Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh for sure big $$$ in wars and stockholders don't care a lick about our young people fighting for their $$$.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."
Dwight David Eisenhower
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 01:48 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesychios View Post
"in the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."
dwight david eisenhower
yep!!!!!

Old 05-26-2017, 02:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."
Dwight David Eisenhower
Likely some of the BEST advice this country has completely ignored!

Old 05-26-2017, 02:16 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Our military at this time is ALL volunteer. My son went to Afghanistan twice, and I certainly didn't like that BUT my son has been in the military for nearly 20 years now and it was his CHOICE to do this. He has done very well for himself starting out as enlisted and then becoming an officer. Everyone that signs the military contract knows the possibilities.

Also, the ones holding hands and singing at a Christian church, who will protect them when ISIS shows up? Of course, that would send them to their "just" rewards a little quicker.

Most of those whining about military spending are doing so because they want a free-ride for themselves. They feel that without the military, they could sit around, have a guaranteed minimum income, health insurance and free to them college. Yeah, well, I don't favor supporting a bunch of people because they feel "entitled".

There have been wars since the beginning of time. I do think the US puts its nose all too often where it doesn't belong and feel if the people in the countries don't like what is going on, they need to get off their butts and take up for their own cause.

Mostly, I just want everyone to get off their own butts and pull their own weight.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:27 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I've attended many churches and not just the christian types.

We have a large military or we had but so many have been killed destroying countries where we should not wander into...again $$$.

The fear mongering about isis attacks....more military brainwashing.

Maybe they are attacking the rest of the world since they were so attacked and destroyed their lands. Ever think of that?

I'm glad the above poster's son is OK and yes war has been around since beginning of time, but we are educated and these are modern times and they continue...that makes it right? What have we learned? How to morn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies