Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:55 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Many liberals actually support things such as this and an age of consent under 18, rapist Muslims, Hollywierd supports guys like Roman Polanski etc..... so the irony is that the NY Times is attempting to use this as an article to slam certain states just like they always do, but their base actually has no problem with any of it.
Don't take drugs before posting. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No they don't. Just stop this sort of nonsense. Where do you get this sort of stupid stuff from?

Spreading this sort of nonsense about people because they disagree about politics is disgusting. You should be ashamed.

It is like he has no clue what Islam is about.

/facepalm

Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
She doesn't say it was consensual either, and on the balance of probability where a 14 year old has sex with an older man and reports being confused, shamed, and helpless, I highly doubt it was consensual.
He is described as a "young man".
Quote:
It was rape. And its not a minor thing - she was made to marry her rapist, can't you imagine how that must have felt.
I can't even be sure what happened, much less imagine how she felt about it or why.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:08 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

I can't even be sure what happened, much less imagine how she felt about it or why.
If she thought it was ok I hardly think she'd have been describing it in the way she did.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:34 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Don't take drugs before posting. Thanks.
Sorry the truth hurts you and many others on here. Liberals always point to Europe as a model the US should follow, and the age of consent is generally lower in European countries.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Many liberals actually support things such as this and an age of consent under 18, rapist Muslims, Hollywierd supports guys like Roman Polanski etc..... so the irony is that the NY Times is attempting to use this as an article to slam certain states just like they always do, but their base actually has no problem with any of it.
Which liberals actually support Muslim Sharia Law? It may not be as vocal as the Christian right, but it is there. The liberals just don't want to start unnecessary wars with Islam Which liberals don't want Roman Polanski facing justice for his crime? I'm not a liberal but I realize he has serious issues because his wife was killed in the Manson murder (Sharon Tate.) Not condoning the crime but that messes with your head.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

It's statutory rape meaning it is rape because by age she couldn't give consent. She may say "yes" (I honestly don't know if she did or didn't) but she still cannot consent to the act. Understand?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:55 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Sorry the truth hurts you and many others on here. Liberals always point to Europe as a model the US should follow, and the age of consent is generally lower in European countries.
What are you talking about? You posted no truth, just your own rambling prejudices and dull-witted misconceptions. Run along now and go find all those posts where I pointed to Europe as a model for something.

Oh wait, you might find one about the bistros in Paris having good, inexpensive wine and not rushing patrons.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:00 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,233 times
Quote:
Age of consent might be lower in many European countries but they don't allow forced marriage of underage children - someone getting an 11 year old pregnant would be going to prison, not to their wedding.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:11 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It's statutory rape meaning it is rape because by age she couldn't give consent. She may say "yes" (I honestly don't know if she did or didn't) but she still cannot consent to the act. Understand?
No kidding. Read the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies