Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:35 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,142,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Yes. Of course. All 62 million American citizens who voted for Trump are responsible for this hate crime. Trump. All 62 million Trump voters. Perhaps the Russians as well. Not one, sick, demented, hateful, violent individual. Trump, his voters and the Russians. Carry on. Run with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Well you guys don't have any problem lumping all liberals into the same category when one of them turns violent. There are numerous posts on here disparaging all liberals because of a few bad ones on college campuses recently. So what's the problem now? It doesn't apply to the right? Just the left?

Lol, exactly.

While I agree it's not fair or right to stereotype Trump supporters, this is basically what happens any time a minority group is the criminal.

My personal favorite is, "The black community needs to fix...", whenever it's a black person(s) doing the crime.

I think it's a shame so many of you missed ahzzie's point of their post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Minority? Islam ain't a race.

OTOH: some Arabs are "Christian". Some Pakistan people are also Christian and so on.

Tho I DO have a BIG problem with many Muslims saying anybody who quits that religion needs to be killed. That kind of talk crosses the line into gangs and terrorists.

There are many other ways one can be a minority.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:42 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,573,509 times
Well the two men who intervened were heroes.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:44 AM

6,004 posts, read 3,709,387 times
When the liberal college students turned violent a few months ago the Trumplings couldn't wait to come on here and accuse all liberals everywhere of having the same violent tendencies.

Now when it's​ a right winger committing the violence suddenly this doesn't apply to the whole group, just a few bad ones. Why the hypocrisy?

Old 05-27-2017, 06:52 AM

6,004 posts, read 3,709,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh, there's been skinhead/aryan/christian identity folks in Portland for decades. They've killed before too. 25 Years Later Murder Of Mulugeta Seraw Still Weighs On Portland . News | OPB

I salute the murdered men who were killed for doing the right thing. They're heroes in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Totally agree. We need more people willing to stand up to hatred like this.
Totally agree with both of these posts. I'm no fan of Islam or any other oppressive religion but we've got to stop this senseless violence on both sides. It's getting old.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,889,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is the kind of hatred we need to stop folks. This is why the culture of hatred so many here try to encourage is bad.

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train - Willamette Week

I live here. I've ridden that max.
You get back to me when you are counting up that body count caused by Muslims with ill intent. Until then, take your faux outrage somewhere else.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:54 AM

37,745 posts, read 40,809,970 times
One sided story. What part of this did you skip:

"yelling various remarks that would best be characterized as hate speech toward a variety of ethnicities and religions."

and this

"..police are still looking for the two young women, who may have been targets of the verbal abuse.

But now we've got our first Ramadan story about 2 Muslim women in the wind with a headline like this:

Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

This is media slanted writing so it gets clicks with a fake headline. I unsubscribed from the Washington Post's daily e-mail for the same reason: The headlines that they sent in e-mail didn't match the stories they are attached to but you have to at least go midway through the article to discover that. I'm guessing clicks allow them to charge more for advertising or gets them advertising. In other words, they don't give a hoot about their false headlines or crappy reporting as long as they are making money by doing it. What I don't get is why otherwise sane people who question sketchy business practices all of the time, exclude the news industry from their criticism.

Last edited by LauraC; 05-27-2017 at 07:08 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 06:56 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,705,805 times
A guy named "Christian" did it?!
Quote:
Jeremy Joseph Christian, 35, is being held without bail. He was also arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor charges, records show.
A Portland police spokesman didn't immediately return an email seeking information about whether Christian is suspected in a stabbing that left two dead and one injured the day before in Northeast Portland.

This is a TV drama villain, straight from central casting, come to real life.

Man jailed in Multnomah County on suspicion of aggravated, attempted murder | OregonLive.com

Old 05-27-2017, 07:09 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,142,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You get back to me when you are counting up that body count caused by Muslims with ill intent. Until then, take your faux outrage somewhere else.
Oh yeah. The poster who tried to tell me that someone yelling racial and derogatory slurs at someone in public isn't a big deal, and I countered by saying these things can escalate and become violent pretty quickly.

And look what happened.

But by all means, continue to look and post like a jack wagon.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:10 AM

29,435 posts, read 22,344,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Horrible. I'm surprised to see anti-muslim sentiments taken to such extreme here.
Why?

This isn't the first time anti Muslim hate crimes resulted in serious injury and death in America.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:19 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,889,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh yeah. The poster who tried to tell me that someone yelling racial and derogatory slurs at someone in public isn't a big deal, and I countered by saying these things can escalate and become violent pretty quickly.

And look what happened.

But by all means, continue to look and post like a jack wagon.
So his speech killed them?

Really?

You are just as bad as the person I responded to, never letting a crisis go to waste to push your politics.

You people really have no shame.

You Fascist on though comrade!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies