Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 02:45 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,611,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
verbal attacks on these forums? Could you give us a few examples?
If I could remember the thread where he posted I would show you the post of a person who said he was with the group that was going to continue to disrupt beyond the election. I took it with a grain of salt but what I am seeing makes me wonder if he knew what he was talking about. It sounded like there is a plan to take over the government and if I told you who he said was behind it everybody would know that person.

He wasn't someone saying he knew about the group only. He said he was part of the group being trained. He said we would hear from them. Wish I had written down his name.

Last edited by NCN; 05-28-2017 at 03:03 PM..

Old 05-28-2017, 03:15 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,507,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
The typical response you will get from the right is that liberals are unstable and fueled be their emotions/ liberalism is a mental disorder.

The Typical response you will get from the left is that it's justified, the actions of a few don't represent the whole, or that the right does it too.

The truth is that young people do stupid things and are more violent than older people. Most liberals are young. Add to this that some minority groups (particularly African Americans) disproportionately commit far more crime. Put these groups in a situation to behave badly, and they often will.

Basically, left-wing political ideology in the U.S. is not the reason why the left is associated with violence. It's simply that the people that generally subscribe to it are already more likely to be violent or unreasonable. Give a reason for kids or stupid people to rebel and they will. Nothing more, nothing less
this butt-nugget was 28 years old. far from a 'kid'.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:40 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,136,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You do know that people on all sides of the political spectrum sometimes resorts to violence right? Look no further than Montana for proof. It's wrong to ever resort to violence and folks should shun those that doit, no matter whether they agree with them politically or not
Sorry, but I think that's a false equivalency. It seems to me that if you look at not only violence, but also violent rhetoric, and especially what comes from the politicians themselves - you'll find much more guilt on the part of Republicans.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,282,565 times
I see this question as one displaying a sincere lack of logical thinking, maturity and life experience. Anyone who possesses the aforementioned traits understands any person from any group can and will be violent. Trying to assign the act of violence to any one group lacks maturity, life experience and logical thinking.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:46 PM

29,209 posts, read 22,333,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
One of the many violent, hate filled attacks committed by left wing thugs, in Berkeley.

Berkeley: Professor used bike lock in beatings, police say
How does one guy become 'thugs'? You're trying to place the actions of one person on the left wing- about 150 million people.

That's a pretty dumb thing to attempt. Try placing 'one of the many' comment where it belongs. It doesn't belong here, that's for sure.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,872,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I see this question as one displaying a sincere lack of logical thinking, maturity and life experience. Anyone who possesses the aforementioned traits understands any person from any group can and will be violent. Trying to assign the act of violence to any one group lacks maturity, life experience and logical thinking.
I agree but this is home teaming. I am independent because there isn't many Republicans like me left, Rockefellers. If they are, they don't represent the middle class but rather the donor class.I voted McCain and Romney in 08 and 12 because I believe they had good plans for the middle class, more so than Obama. That said, had Obama had a six year term, I would have voted for him in 14. By 16 I was Kaisach. I couldn't vote Trump because I knew he'd be a Republican Obama just more blatant about kickbacks to the super rich. He hasn't proven me wooing yet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.