Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 07:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And should only be taxed on those that elected the Idiot. So what happened to Mexico paying for this monstrosity, don't tell me that the Donald Lied, he would never do that, would he.
^ this ... if Trump supporters want their monument to ignorance than they should pay for it. Maybe Donny can start a GoFundMe page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 08:01 PM

158 posts, read 107,067 times
American's protecting themselves with a wall scares the left to death obviously. I should be surprised but by now I am not....they put the wants of foreigners above the needs and wants of Americans.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:14 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this ... if Trump supporters want their monument to ignorance than they should pay for it. Maybe Donny can start a GoFundMe page.
The corrupt Mexican government, the Mexican narco drug traffickers and the American left all agree we do not need a wall.

The Mexican government wants to easily send their citizens over the border. Their remittances line the governments pockets. The drug traffickers want an easy passageway to move Heroin, Meth and Cocaine. The left just does not get the realities of all this.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:21 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
The cost to build a wall will not stop enough of the illegals or drugs to make it worth the expense.

Enforce the laws in place and keep a dialog with the Mexican government. Trump went there during his campaign and then blows it once he became President.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:23 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
American's protecting themselves with a wall scares the left to death obviously. I should be surprised but by now I am not....they put the wants of foreigners above the needs and wants of Americans.
Funny both Ronald Reagan and George Bush agreed in a debate many years ago that a wall between the US and Mexico was wrong for many reasons. While Democrats agreed to a wall while trying to get comprehensive immigration passed.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:24 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#5f8874905f88

This bill should be at the top of the to do list for ANY politician interested in helping America and Americans stay safe.
Wrong. Mexico is paying for it, remember? There better not be a tax.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:25 PM

158 posts, read 107,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Funny both Ronald Reagan and George Bush agreed in a debate many years ago that a wall between the US and Mexico was wrong for many reasons. While Democrats agreed to a wall while trying to get comprehensive immigration passed.
Reagan and Bush were globalists. I didn't like either of them and neither cared for America like they were supposed to. Democrats agreed because they knew it would never happen. By now you would think that the usual spin isn't what people want to hear from the democrats...

Old 05-28-2017, 08:47 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Reagan and Bush were globalists. I didn't like either of them and neither cared for America like they were supposed to. Democrats agreed because they knew it would never happen. By now you would think that the usual spin isn't what people want to hear from the democrats...

HOW DARE YOU say that the patron saint of all things great and American was a globalist. You have besmirched the name of the Reagan mangod.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:53 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
The cost to build a wall will not stop enough of the illegals or drugs to make it worth the expense.

Enforce the laws in place and keep a dialog with the Mexican government. Trump went there during his campaign and then blows it once he became President.
We have fencing along much of the border but vast sections are open. It needs to be reinforced and 100% complete.

Illegal drug use health care costs, lost productivity law enforcment and legal costs are $180 billion dollars a year in the US. If the border wall cuts 10% down on that number it more than pays for itself. Already Trump's tough talk and increased arrests by ICE has cut illegal border traffic way down.

What are we going to say to the Mexican government? They want the flow of illegals and drugs to keep coming into the US. Remittances and Illegal Drug trafficking are the two of the biggest segments of the Mexican economy. Bigger than oil or tourism.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:23 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
We have fencing along much of the border but vast sections are open. It needs to be reinforced and 100% complete.

Illegal drug use health care costs, lost productivity law enforcment and legal costs are $180 billion dollars a year in the US. If the border wall cuts 10% down on that number it more than pays for itself. Already Trump's tough talk and increased arrests by ICE has cut illegal border traffic way down.

What are we going to say to the Mexican government? They want the flow of illegals and drugs to keep coming into the US. Remittances and Illegal Drug trafficking are the two of the biggest segments of the Mexican economy. Bigger than oil or tourism.

Look at what Chapo build to escape from prison, they will find another way to enter the country. The areas that don't have a wall is probably because of the impact to the people along the border. They might just come from Canada, I know someone in Fort Fairfield ME that says it is already happening.

I don't know what they would say to Mexico, I don't have the clearance to know the whole story. I do know that the Cartel runs most of the country from what I was told from the illegals I worked with.

The money for the wall would be better spent hiring more border patrol and infrastructure to deal with who is already here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies