Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 09:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let's be honest about this, you mean their parents and teachers beliefs. I'd love to see the group sat down and quizzed about the basis of "their beliefs" and what they really know.

My bet is they're just being parrots like many young people nowadays...
You'd lose that bet. My best advice to you is to learn about the programs, clubs and events the youth in your area are participating in and then attend said public events. You'll be pleasantly surprised at just how intelligent our youth can be when given the chance.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:50 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Bawwww hawwww hawwww hawwww. Yeah, thinking and reading about sports,the opposite sex,fakebook,twitter,sports,food,TV,movies,makeup, music,clothes and yeah sure, they've really delved into politics and history.

Lovely group of parrots! Their parents should be so proud they've memorized the script so well, bet they get an A in the class...
I find your ignorant hatred of an entire generation of your fellow Americans to be quite disturbing. You really do not know what you are talking about.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
C'mon, really? After reading all of your various posts on here and how really vocal you are I've got to tell you that I HIGHLY doubt your child is ignorant of your very,very clear views on things. As for your book report, how long ago were you in Jr. High, 20 + years or so?

You are aware things have very radically changed (to the left) since then right?
I didn't say I did a report. It was 40 plus years ago. No one had to tell my daughter that what Trump said was wrong and offensive. I'm not sure why that is such a controversial idea.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:01 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I find your ignorant hatred of an entire generation of your fellow Americans to be quite disturbing. You really do not know what you are talking about.

With all honesty , I don't blame him. When you have TV shows like the "Simpsons" that are in a prime time slot and have been for over 20 years doesn't that tell you something about our society ? When Honey Boo Boo, the Kardasian's and that "cash me outside" dolt/girl are as popular as they are, the perception is that the majority of people and their children might not be into the most intellectual things. I hope you are right.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:07 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I guess both the parents and school brainwash the kids, well, if the parents bother to spend any time with the kids in the first place. Most kids are brought up with daycare and then school with after school programs.

Teaching kids a lack of respect, especially when so young without their learning to look at the big picture is what is producing all the "me, me, me, I want it free". It is not only the federal government that funds education either.

Perhaps those children should go home and talk to their parents and see just how much more taxes those parents are willing to pay to get all the benefits they desire. To kids, and some people that don't grow up and get a job, they think everything should be free and provided by the government. They don't understand "free" and that doesn't come until they are taxpayer at which time most of them get it.

I don't even why this is a story. Seriously, who cares whether middle schoolers pose with Paul Ryan? Oh, right, nothing else for those with their "panties still in wad" to whine about. I am embarrassed for them!

Old 05-30-2017, 10:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Ignorant hatred? You are the one constantly calling people names and eschewing hatred. Sadly the last resort of someone who is out of cogent/coherent arguments...

Old 05-30-2017, 10:09 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Pure indoctrination at work. The Left loves this stuff.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
With all honesty , I don't blame him. When you have TV shows like the "Simpsons" that are in a prime time slot and have been for over 20 years doesn't that tell you something about our society ? When Honey Boo Boo, the Kardasian's and that "cash me outside" dolt/girl are as popular as they are, the perception is that the majority of people and their children might not be into the most intellectual things. I hope you are right.
Pet Rocks. Streaking. Pot. SNL.

These were all things popular when I was a teen. Things haven't really changed.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:11 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
They should but they won't. These people have enough problems with grown adults using their freedom of speech let alone middle schoolers. Just another display of the hypocrisy of some "patriots."
And here in this thread we have supposedly grown adults who think middle schoolers know anything about what they are talking about and actually think these kids arrived at these thoughts all on their own. Man Lefties are easily fooled.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Quote:
Let's be honest about this, you mean their parents and teachers beliefs. I'd love to see the group sat down and quizzed about the basis of "their beliefs" and what they really know.

My bet is they're just being parrots like many young people nowadays...
My middle school child ('MSC') spends waaaayyyyy more time reading about politics and world affairs than I do, largely because said child has more free time than I do. And I'm frequently pleasantly surprised by how much research, careful thought, and application of logic has gone into MSC's arguments, even when they are in opposition to my own views.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of middle schoolers who simply parrot what they've heard, because there are plenty of adults who simply parrot a set of political beliefs without having put any real effort into reasoning them out. But it isn't fair or right to assume that a person hasn't put that effort in just because they are young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies