Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 03:14 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,492 times

Advertisements

i am embarrassed for him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 03:14 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Trump is a buffoon!

Sheesh! He looked ridiculous.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:15 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
At first it looked like he was going to burst out laughing. Did someone just tell him a funny joke?

Actually, I think they've got him doped up on medication. It adds up--can't negotiate a short walk and has to ride in a golf cart. I think this job is exhausting--as it would be to most people--but not only can he not handle it mentally, he can't even handle it physically. He's being propped up on happy pills of some sort.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:15 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
This wasn't a funeral. It was a remembrance. Respect is required.
A funeral is NOT remembrance? HAhahahahahahahhaaa

Old 05-29-2017, 03:16 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
What a silly old man.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:21 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where is it said that you must stay still, not enjoy yourself....he is not in the military......
Oh, give me a break. The Star Spangled Banner is always a solemn song. And when it is played on Memorial Day, it's doubly so. It is not appropriate to lip sync and bobble head your way through it and it is not a lighthearted song for one to enjoy. One should save singing enjoyment for karaoke night at the dive bar.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Chuck, you're arguing against the obvious. Give it up.

Everyone in America knows the proper behaviour of standing still and observing silence and a rigid stature during those moments of respect for the flag and the fallen.

Even most foreign visitors would observe respect by remaining silent and still if in the vicinity.

Give it up man. Trump's excuse for his behaviour can be only one of two possibilities and I'll leave it to you to figure them out.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:23 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Ah, but... isn't trump the Commander in Chief? Sounds kinda military...

7. On the command FALL IN or on the command of execution ATTENTION of Demonstrator, ATTENTION.
8. Bring the heels together sharply on line, with the toes pointing out equally, forming an angle of 45-degrees. Rest the weight of the body evenly on the heels and balls of both feet. Keep the legs straight without locking the knees. Hold the body erect with the hips level, chest lifted and arched, and the shoulders square.
9. Keep the head erect and face straight to the front with the chin drawn in so that the alignment of the head and neck is vertical.
10. Let the arms hang straight without stiffness. Curl the fingers so that the tips of the thumbs are alongside and touching the first joint of the forefingers. Keep the thumbs straight along the seams of the trouser leg with the first joint of the fingers touching the trousers.
11. Remain silent and do not move unless otherwise directed.

Position of Attention - How To (ArmyStudyGuide.com)

but, all levity aside - what would you do if your own 5 year old behaved like that in the same situation? I mean, after all, his daughter couldn't have pulled him off the dias and whupped him, although we would have loved to have seen that happen.
Yet not military, where is his uniform? Where is his cover? Man, he is breaking a lot of military regulations....

For my 5 year old, it, once again would depend on how I celebrate death. Is it that hard for you to understand?

Quote:
Although the wild music and dancing has, historically, flown in the face of prevailing sentiments about the required solemnity of the traditional memorial service, the New Orleans jazz funeral grew throughout the 20th century to achieve its own respected standing among the many ways to commemorate the passage of a loved one.
https://www.funeralwise.com/customs/neworleans/

Quote:
Mardi Gras was still close to three weeks away. But on Saturday afternoon, Jan. 16, the French Quarter was gridlocked with costumed frolickers, a massive, glittery throng radiating out through the narrow streets from the historic traditional-jazz venue Preservation Hall. The occasion? A parade in memory of David Bowie, led by the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
Dancing In The Street: New Orleans Throws A Memorial Parade For David Bowie : The Record : NPR

If you believe that there were/are no military in New Orleans....well you may have a problem...

^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Chuck, you're arguing against the obvious. Give it up.

Everyone in America knows the proper behaviour of standing still and observing silence and a rigid stature during those moments of respect for the flag and the fallen.

Even most foreign visitors would observe respect by remaining silent and still if in the vicinity.

Give it up man. Trump's excuse for his behaviour can be only one of two possibilities and I'll leave it to you to figure them out.
Your failure is noted.....

Old 05-29-2017, 03:24 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
What a silly old man.
A silly old out of shape fat man. As i've said before too much "rich" foods.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Another pathetic hit job by a butt hurt liberal who can't accept an election result. Grow up, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies