Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 06:32 PM

17,348 posts, read 9,178,237 times

Advertisements

Isn't this interesting - I wonder what the French (and New York Times/Washington Post) would say IF the Trump Administration was using Special Forces to identify US Citizens fighting for ISIS as Targets and asking the Iraqi Military to exterminate them???

France’s Special Forces Hunt French Militants Fighting for Islamic State -
French citizens have been killed by Iraqi artillery and ground troops using location coordinates and other intelligence supplied by French forces during the battle to drive the extremist group from Mosul, Iraq
|Wall Street Journal - May 29, 2017

French special forces have for months enlisted Iraqi soldiers to hunt and kill French nationals who have joined the senior ranks of Islamic State, according to Iraqi officers and current and former French officials.

Iraqi commanders leading the fight for Mosul said French special forces have provided to Iraqi counterterrorism troops the names and photographs of as many as 30 men identified as high-value targets. An undisclosed number of French citizens have been killed by Iraqi artillery and ground forces, the commanders said, using location coordinates and other intelligence supplied by the French.

The motive for the secret operation is to ensure that French nationals with allegiance to Islamic State never return home to threaten France with a terror attack, said a current and a former foreign-affairs adviser to the French government.

Personally - I think it's a elegant solution (the French have no Death Penalty and these ISIS French Nationals can't be denied re-entry to France or the USA for that matter), but I feel sure if the US Government was doing the same thing that the Totally Hysterical Meltdown crowd in the USA (i.e. US Media/Leftist) would Go Straight Up and Turn Further Leftist.

A French Ministry of Defense spokeswoman declined to comment on the operation.
I just bet they did "decline to comment".

A senior Iraqi police official showed The Wall Street Journal a list of names of 27 suspected Islamic State members sought by France, accompanied by photos of five of the men. French special forces began circulating the document at the start of the Mosul offensive last year. It is updated as men are killed, the police official said.

On the Other Hand - Eric Holder and the Obama Administration sent drone to Kill a couple of US Citizens in Yemen and then "Justified" it to Congress.

If it weren't for Double Standards, the Left would have NO Standards at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 07:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,453,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Isn't this interesting - I wonder what the French (and New York Times/Washington Post) would say IF the Trump Administration was using Special Forces to identify US Citizens fighting for ISIS as Targets and asking the Iraqi Military to exterminate them???

French citizens have been killed by Iraqi artillery and ground troops using location coordinates and other intelligence supplied by French forces during the battle to drive the extremist group from Mosul, Iraq

French special forces have for months enlisted Iraqi soldiers to hunt and kill French nationals who have joined the senior ranks of Islamic State, according to Iraqi officers and current and former French officials.

Iraqi commanders leading the fight for Mosul said French special forces have provided to Iraqi counterterrorism troops the names and photographs of as many as 30 men identified as high-value targets. An undisclosed number of French citizens have been killed by Iraqi artillery and ground forces, the commanders said, using location coordinates and other intelligence supplied by the French.

The motive for the secret operation is to ensure that French nationals with allegiance to Islamic State never return home to threaten France with a terror attack, said a current and a former foreign-affairs adviser to the French government.

Personally - I think it's a elegant solution (the French have no Death Penalty and these ISIS French Nationals can't be denied re-entry to France or the USA for that matter), but I feel sure if the US Government was doing the same thing that the Totally Hysterical Meltdown crowd in the USA (i.e. US Media/Leftist) would Go Straight Up and Turn Further Leftist.

A senior Iraqi police official showed The Wall Street Journal a list of names of 27 suspected Islamic State members sought by France, accompanied by photos of five of the men. French special forces began circulating the document at the start of the Mosul offensive last year. It is updated as men are killed, the police official said.

On the Other Hand - Eric Holder and the Obama Administration sent drone to Kill a couple of US Citizens in Yemen and then "Justified" it to Congress.

If you remember, Conservatives had a cow over the killing of Americans in Yemen. Very few liberals complained. I would have no issue with our military killing traitors like that. Kill them over there to prevent them from killing us here. We are more endangered from America citizens becoming terrorists than refugees becoming terrorists.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:00 PM

46,861 posts, read 25,809,157 times
If a citizen of any country takes up arms against his own, there is nothing - legally or morally - holding up taking him out on the battlefield. Would we have regretted the death of a US citizen manning a gun in service of the Nazis?

Very different, of course, if that citizen is in custody. Now we have to spin up the entire court machinery.

But if you choose to take a soldier's chance against your country, you have no complaint to make if your country responds in kind. In fact, it seems accomodating to me.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:20 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,059,499 times
Quote:

this is very unfortunate
Be a French mentor at this level of stupidity
Because Islamic terrorism is active and does not depend on people
Thought fighters produce every day
If the French forces were able to kill all those who emigrated to Iraq to fight with the Islamic state

The main factory of terrorism will continue to produce similar and more dangerous
France must address the roots of terrorism
But the tree trim stimulates them to fruition

Old 05-30-2017, 06:07 AM

16,955 posts, read 12,517,672 times
Brits are doing the same thing.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:15 AM

17,348 posts, read 9,178,237 times
There is no way to stop the French, British or US Nationals from coming back to their Countries to carry out Terrorist attacks. Once they are back, they can't even keep track of them. The French have devised a solution.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:30 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,059,499 times
Quote:
There is no way to stop the French, British or US Nationals from coming back to their Countries to carry out Terrorist attacks. Once they are back, they can't even keep track of them. The French have devised a solution.
Treatment is the reform and elimination of the ideology followed by the terrorist
This is the best solution
I give you a simple example
Theft is a crime
Islamic law cuts off the thief's hand and this is the harshest punishment
But does this prevent theft
The thief will use other methods of theft
And may also be disguised in the uniforms of jurists may be a thief is one of the rulers
So the thief or whoever wants to steal will use many methods

Theft can not be completely prevented even in the most civilized societies in the world
It is in fact a characteristic of all societies that is latent in human instincts
But their treatment is using the methods of education and good morals
In the same way
The terrorist derives his evil tendencies from evil ideology
This ideology is human
He will always try to practice terrorism and use other means
Because the direction of evil is inherent in the ideology from which it emanates
That is why I say that the treatment of ideological terrorism is to expose the origins of this ideology at all levels
And in all population groups, especially those who believe in this ideology
And to invite them to renounce the ideology automatically
If the followers of the evil ideology know that their ideology is evil, the human feeling and the human conscience will move in them.
This is the most important method of treatment of ideological terrorism, which disappears under the guise of the sacred text in the Koran
Or under the cover of the Word of God
This treatment will provide protection to all peoples who believe in freedom and democracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies