Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Kelly Griffin gone too far? - holding up bloody Trump head.
No - free speech 23 17.97%
Yes - an apology is needed 56 43.75%
Yes - ban her from New Years Rock'n Eve 49 38.28%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 10:17 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Google is your friend.

It's happened dozens of times. I don't think it excuses what she did, I'm just saying that this sort of thing is not "shocking." It's tacky and it's short sighted and it's not remotely funny.

It lacks the ability to be a good protest or social commentary because she didn't frame it as such.

She just stood there with some bloody head like it would be really deep.

But, I don't find her remotely funny and I don't think much of her, so this hardly surprises me.
Ditto, all.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times

Won't be long before we start hearing "at his age he should have known better" and "just more proof that he is autistic" from the left.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm all for free speech, however, for me, this was disgusting...and let me tell you, if someone would have done that with Obama, I would have felt the same way.

What I'm seeing coming from liberals is scary....and all because their team lost....I just cannot believe the immoral words and violence and they way they hover looking for anything he does wrong, and if he doesn't do anything wrong, believe me they will find something, no matter how inappropriate it is.

I will never vote for another liberal b/c of this, and this also shows, bad parenting....parents that gave these people their own way when they were kids and they just cannot accept defeat like a team player. And all because we've got someone who wants to enforce our laws?

Oh and apologies just don't cut it....I'm sorry, but they mean nothing, and they are only doing it, b/c they realize they've crossed the line....

same with late night TV shows....I won't watch them or the news, b/c they are ridiculous....and an educated monkey could see thru their agendas.
I agree re: this was disgusting...

As for "what you see coming from liberals" I can assure you this has nothing to do with losing an election.

If, say, Romney had run again this year and beat Clinton, you would not be seeing what you're seeing with Trump in office.

I would bet you every dime in my bank accounts.

This has to do with Trump being so terribly unfit to hold office. His repeated mistakes, his boorish behavior... to the people who don't like him, he's a national embarrassment.

I still recall very well that there were people who were not fond of Bush Jr, even before Iraq. They felt he stole the election from Gore.

They complained about him and made occasional, snarky remarks about him (and this was over the internet), but NOBODY complained about him like they do Trump.

This is the Trump effect. It's not about sore losers for the vast majority of people who protest Trump. Sure, there might be some nutballs in there, but that's true for both of the far ends of the political spectrum.

Most folks are just worried that he'll get us into a war or ruin our relationships with allies or ruin the country entirely by tweeting the nuclear codes.

It's really not about winning or losing.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:21 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Maybe I am the minority here, I am sick and tired of these freedom of speech excuse.

The author in the book areopagitica suggested that,

complete freedom of speech is unattainable unless all men and women in their degree are capable of reason and moral responsibility.

Freedom of speech =/= free of consequences

There is no punishment, only consequences.

She deserves to suffer from the consequences of her own stupid actions. I don't like to ruin other people's career, but who will be interested in seeing her face again after that? She is not funny, she is not attractive, she has no talents. She is a sad, violent, angry person, sort of like Rosie O'Donnel.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
I was appalled at her childish behavior. It was so inappropriate for some one her age to seek attention like that. I'll never go to one of her shows; in fact; I wouldn't be surprised if this was a career-ending move. It was not funny. she's never been funny; I'm disgusted with her. I am also not a Republican.
I am not either...and feel the very same way....

You can be upset, but to act like these people are, for this long, is nuts.

It really says something for extremists....

19,631 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Won't be long before we start hearing "at his age he should have known better" and "just more proof that he is autistic" from the left.
I'm not left, and do not think it is proof he is autistic but maybe he lives in a bubble and mom overprotects so he isn't up on stuff like this. He will learn quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Well, I hardly take TMZ as a source of accurate info, but I did say earlier (and I am a "lefty" by CD P&OS standards) that this was a bad idea on her part and that he has kids and grandkids who may have found this disturbing, so I really doubt you'll hear many people argue that a child should not have been upset by disturbing images.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:23 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times

What bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
She just gave a half assed apology cause sponsors were about to start leaving her. Otherwise, she knew what she was doing so....

This body language assessment of the apology pretty much sums up how BS of an apology it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVPHj927kc

Still not interested.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe I am the minority here, I am sick and tired of these freedom of speech excuse.

The author in the book areopagitica suggested that,

complete freedom of speech is unattainable unless all men and women in their degree are capable of reason and moral responsibility.

Freedom of speech =/= free of consequences

There is no punishment, only consequences.

She deserves to suffer from the consequences of her own stupid actions. I don't like to ruin other people's career, but who will be interested in seeing her face again after that? She is not funny, she is not attractive, she has no talents. She is a sad, violent, angry person, sort of like Rosie O'Donnel.
This will hit her in the wallet.

Which... there are her consequences.

She will no doubt be under Secret Service scrutiny as long as he's on office, too.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:26 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This will hit her in the wallet.

Which... there are her consequences.

She will no doubt be under Secret Service scrutiny as long as he's on office, too.
yeah. seems like justice is well served.

But I am glad to see there are so many clear thinking liberals out there. Overwhelming majority of them don't support her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies