Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 11:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Interestingly enough I find millenials more ddiscerning with their information. The ones who tend to link and share real fake news from either side are usually the older folks...

I use to help them out by showing how an article was not true, or direct them to a more accurate site..not left or right....just you know those Facebook -- can you believe this happened? and it never did.

Or the ones that post (again all people 40 years and up) stories from five years ago -- and where is the outrage -- um.....well there was - -you missed it go back to sleep -- lol.

Or the ones that post a picture with a story and you show them that there two different events.

Yeah -- it's mainly older people -- I know my kids know to source.

Even here I don't always click on the links you share but if you have a subject I'll google it and see what sites come up.

Sometimes nothing comes up -- no matter how I word or reword or the exact title of the article. I stop - -it's a non-story in my book them.

But yeah -- millenials have been brought up on this stuff and more likely to NOT share something. Some may be creating them on those sites .....but I find it rare for one of my young social media friends to post the fake stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 11:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
There comes a point where "fake news" is not so fake.
No facts supporting collusion. NONE

Old 05-31-2017, 11:14 AM

727 posts, read 390,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So fake news = any news that puts Trump and his staff in a negative light
Trump has done a masterful job at convincing his followers of that. Trump never talked about fake news until the media began reporting the negative side of his being a presidential candidate. But if it wasn't for media coverage, he never would have made it out of the primaries. As Trump repeated his fake news mantra, the media turned up the heat. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Every previous president has understood how the love-hate relationship with the media works. Trump is the first who can't seem to get it.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:33 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Interestingly enough I find millenials more ddiscerning with their information. The ones who tend to link and share real fake news from either side are usually the older folks...

I use to help them out by showing how an article was not true, or direct them to a more accurate site..not left or right....just you know those Facebook -- can you believe this happened? and it never did.

Or the ones that post (again all people 40 years and up) stories from five years ago -- and where is the outrage -- um.....well there was - -you missed it go back to sleep -- lol.

Or the ones that post a picture with a story and you show them that there two different events.

Yeah -- it's mainly older people -- I know my kids know to source.

Even here I don't always click on the links you share but if you have a subject I'll google it and see what sites come up.

Sometimes nothing comes up -- no matter how I word or reword or the exact title of the article. I stop - -it's a non-story in my book them.

But yeah -- millenials have been brought up on this stuff and more likely to NOT share something. Some may be creating them on those sites .....but I find it rare for one of my young social media friends to post the fake stories.
I've had this problem before. Several times with friends my age. I either get mislabeled as a conservative or a Trump supporter for going to the counter attack with some of these news stories. I'm liberal, but just not a fan of fabricated stories for clicks.

The false news stories comes from both sides, but lately, it's been definitely more on the left.

The downfall of millennials are really sites like .mic and Buzzfeed and whatnot.

I mean, geez, just to show you some ridiculousness, I just went on .mic and this article pops up.

5 ways Trump's Paris Climate accord decision will hurt people of color the most

https://mic.com/articles/178503/pari...ost#.meLNFj9NF

3. Food desert
Weather affects how food grows. Weather events can affect crop production, while increased heat can affect how bacteria thrives inside Americans' food. According to the EPA, living in an area without access to high-quality food choices exacerbates risk for ingesting bad food or having fewer options for certain crops. Unfortunately, that leaves people of color — who are more likely to live in these so-called food deserts — with fewer options.

I mean, the "Food Desert" is from some bogus study done by an assistant professor at the John Hopkins School of Nursing.

But the average millennial moron looks at this and somehow links white supremacy to the Paris Climate deal and somehow, Trump is racist cause hes making less food for black neighborhoods. Because, according to this, most colored people are poor.

It's just astonishing how bad this is becoming.

Last edited by sonnymarkjiz; 05-31-2017 at 11:57 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 11:55 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am so tired of all the conjecture and suggested theory . It is now constant fake stories of lists of people who the left speculates as conspiring with Russia WITH NO EVIDENCE,NO CREDIBLE SOURCE .

This is taking news to a completely new low . The credibility of the liberal media is gone. I know many people are so sick of months of all the fabricated stories pounded over and over with NO SUBSTANCE. Every few days the left invents a new story with a new person or concoct some angle as news with nothing but innuendo and nothing more. Trying to make something out of nothing is getting really old. How can anyone take this seriously anymore? What is clear is the left has nothing but fake news.
Yahoo is the absolute worst. I feel like their news articles are published by spoiled entitled Trump hating college kids. Their story last week was how it looked like Melania had slapped away Trump's hand. Really, that's a news story??

Old 05-31-2017, 11:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
You can't prove a negative. It is the responsibility of the media to substantiate their breathless claims about Trump with actual evidence. Instead all we get are anonymous sources and 'documents' that they refuse to release and may not even exist. In a court of law their case would be laughed out of court.
Anon sources have always been the standard for journalism. And you don't seem to have a problem with it when Trump backs stories on Fox from anon sources.

Why the hypocrisy?

Old 05-31-2017, 06:38 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yahoo is the absolute worst. I feel like their news articles are published by spoiled entitled Trump hating college kids. Their story last week was how it looked like Melania had slapped away Trump's hand. Really, that's a news story??
Why isn't that a news story ? It may be trivial to you but it was a unexpected gesture by the First Lady that merited coverage.
Most of the news on Yahoo & AOL are just passed along to their readers by other news sources.
Judging by the comments section Yahoo sure has a lot of Trump followers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies