Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 10:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I see it the opposite.

Businesses would pay good bribe money to be able to dump harmful chemicals into a steam instead of paying $$$ to have it hauled away and recycled. They'd also avoid installing equipment for their factory emissions. Car manufacturers would enjoy not having to install emission systems, but charge customers the same.

I have no idea why some Americans don't trust the government, but put full trust in businesses whose sole purpose is to make money.
Exactly. At least the government is intended to be beholden to everyone collectively. Businesses are beholden to only the $$profit$$ of their closed circle of shareholders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 10:45 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Default Trump To Pull Out Of Paris Climate Accord!

News from The Associated Press

Good!!!! Was a crap deal anyway!!! The tears will be falling in Europe!

Old 05-31-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Those have nothing to do with climate change.

Maybe because governments lie to us all the time. Maybe because governments sole objective is to control the people and raise revenue.

Governments kill us, enslave us, take our money, tell us what we can eat, drink, and smoke. Governments tell us how we can spend our money, what products we can sell, when we can sell them, where we can sell them. Governments tell us where we can go, what we can buy, what jobs we can work.

Governments send our kids to war to protect their comfy positions and wealth.

And you trust government? Why?
Many of those laws only exist because of lobbying from big business.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:47 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Okay, Trump might not have been forced to knuckle under to the NWO globalist mobsters and he's still putting the country first. If he keeps cleaning house and removes the dead and diseased wood in DC and keeps trying to drain the swamp, he has our support.
Now Mr. Trump, go after Seth Rich's murderer and go after Clinton and the "Pedostas".

Old 05-31-2017, 10:52 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,902,918 times
Double Good!! When the same limits are put on all nations it should be reconsidered. It is sort of like all those One Sided trade deals we have signed up for............

Old 05-31-2017, 10:57 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
He didn't have balls to say it face to face to the other G7 leaders.

Weakest.president.ever.
Yep he wants to make the speech like he just won the presidency he wants people around him cheering he does not like people booing. It is like trump has never taken people talking down town at all he runs away and hides when people do this. The president should have to balls and ignore these people but not Trump he crys runs and hides like a 5 to 7 year old

Old 05-31-2017, 10:59 AM

So it's ok for him to sign the biggest arms deal with Saudi Arabia (where radical Islamist ideology is based), but he can't participate in the Paris Climate Accord, which every nation except for Nicaragua and Syria is participating in?

Ok.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:02 AM

57,262 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Okay, Trump might not have been forced to knuckle under to the NWO globalist mobsters and he's still putting the country first. If he keeps cleaning house and removes the dead and diseased wood in DC and keeps trying to drain the swamp, he has our support.
Now Mr. Trump, go after Seth Rich's murderer and go after Clinton and the "Pedostas".
I take it you are a huge Sean Hannity fan.

I haven't heard anyone use the term "drain the swamp" when referring to Trump in quite some time, I wonder why. That really took some courage considering the last 5 months.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:04 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You got yours and future generations are on their own.

Got it!
But, honestly, haven't we knowingly been on that track for many, many decades. We tweak this, we tweak that but like the song says:

Big wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river

Most of what has been done has been done reluctantly, and too late. The Fat Porker with the blond mop is just this truth incarnate, and come to bite us on the butt.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:06 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Amazing. Thanks for caring about someone other than yourself.
I cared more about bailing out the banks who were doing 120% ARM loans & the Mortgage Insurance Companies (which Morgan Stanley had a huge stake in).....than I did about my kids.

I encouraged both Bush 2 & Obama to spend a few Trillion to bail them out. To me it was worth it for my kid to have his quality of life devalued and to see his taxes raised for the next 40 years (just to pay the stinkin' interest) so we could bail those financiers (& homeowners & investors who stupidly bought on the high side) out.

I also am SO glad that my Health Insurance Premium went up from $800 per month to $1500 per month so other people could save $100 on THEIR premium. The fact that the Deductible also doubled (& I couldn't afford to go to the Dr. anyway) also gave me that Tingly feeling.

PLEASE raise the cost of my AC Bill and my once a week tank of Gas so I can re-distribute my meager savings to countries that love me so much. & maybe the sea level in Boca Raton will go down 1 inch. But probably won't.

What else can I do for my fellow man? Are there any other theories that we can throw a couple of trillion at in the hope that Europe will like me?

Last edited by hound 109; 05-31-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies