Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:50 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's all about the economy, I think. If wages are up, job growth is up, unemployment is down - he could very well be right.
Correct. People don't typically vote out the incumbent if things are going really well for them. Wages, job growth, low unemployment... that is what gets an incumbent re-elected.

Or, you know, starting a war and nobody wants to change leaders in the middle of it.

All this talk about the Dems having nobody to run is sort of funny. What was Trump to the Rs before he threw his hat in the ring?

Yet, here he is.

So, I think that the first day of June, 2017 is a bit too early to assume that in a couple of years, someone totally unexpected that people LIKE won't run.

I'm not a member of either party, but assuming that the Rs will want Trump back (maybe they'll primary him) or that the Ds won't suddenly have an upstart appear, is pretty silly.

People are acting like Clinton, Warren, and Pelosi are the only Democrats in existence.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:51 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
All the democrat's possible candidates are establishment figures and it is likely the DNC will push for Hillary Part 3. Yes, keep nominating Hillary and Trump will win easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 01:03 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All the democrat's possible candidates are establishment figures and it is likely the DNC will push for Hillary Part 3. Yes, keep nominating Hillary and Trump will win easily.
Has anyone besides Trump officially thrown their hat into the ring yet? We do not know all of the possible candidates by a long shot. About this long before the last election, I think many assumed it was Jeb Bush's turn.

It's also not a certainty Trump will be the candidate then. To keep things "non-Russian related", there is the possibility that he won't want to run until the end, for health reasons, family, etc. Hell, not to be morbid, but he could die by then...certainly not that out of the ordinary considering he is 70.

Any truly earnest conjectures of who the eventual nominees or president in 2020 will be at this point are laughable.

Last edited by latimeria; 06-01-2017 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-01-2017, 01:29 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Your thing doesn't make sense, it sounds like a two headed quarter
I see I was missing a "not" in there...

Old 06-01-2017, 01:39 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Bloomberg did a good job cleaning up NYC. He would have had my vote for POTUS.

NYC votes in a far left libreral mayor and look what happens. He set the city back 20yrs and undid the progress that Giuliani and Bloomberg accomplished.
I liked Bloomberg, too - but you're on about a bunch of nonsense. Nothing has been "undone" in NY. I question if you have even been there recently.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Those so happy to jump on the 'we believe Mike bandwagon' should also know he's said of Trump: "I'm from NY and I know a con-man when I see one".
And was he wrong? He could certainly have been right then, and right now.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:43 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Reelection in 2020 is a moot point. The real issue, is what are Trump's chances of surviving another three months of this term.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Michael Bloomberg believes America could be in for four more years of President Trump following the 2020 election.

The former New York City mayor told the New York Times he estimates Trump has a 55% chance to get reelected.

Bloomberg said Hillary Clinton and Democrats failed to have an effective message to win the 2016 presidential election and believes they could be poised to make that same mistake again in 2020.

"Hillary said, 'Vote for me because I'm a woman and the other guy's bad,'" Bloomberg said of 2016.

Bloomberg, who identifies as an independent, said Democrats are still looking for the right issues and messages to focus on.

"They'll step on each other and reelect Donald Trump," Bloomberg said.

Leading up to the 2016 election, Bloomberg had endorsed Clinton and even spoke at the Democratic National Convention.

"Trump is a risky, reckless, and radical choice. And we can't afford to make that choice," Bloomberg said in his speech in July 2016. "Now, I know Hillary Clinton is not flawless; no candidate is. But she is the right choice — and the responsible choice — in this election."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3211143
Who is goofy enough to start trying to make predictions so far out with so many unknowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies