Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 09:34 AM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Stuff like science and math. [/url]

The same things they flunked in HS, the worst years of their lives. If they ever got there in the first place.

I've been teaching math at a university for 25 years. I'm libertarian. I have a whole bunch of teaching excellence awards gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. They were awarded me by the largely liberal university administration. How's about we leave ability in math and science out of this? You are treading on very shaky ground. Care to guess what percentage of my math department is conservative vs liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Meanwhile, like junkies, butthurt lefties can't get enough ointment to sooth their hateful condition. LOL. Lap it up or seek help or just go cold turkey. It'll do you good.

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
On Facebook, I have seen many posts from Trump supporters linking not only false news sites but satirical ones as well as real news. Trump supporters, it seems, live in an alternate universe. They have been so blinded and mislead by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and the other motley crew of right-wing provocateurs and liars that they do not know the truth from fiction.

Just read the posts from most conservatives on this board. It is no surprise to me that they will buy into any fact that supports their world view and narrative. They don't care about its truth or falsity.

At least Fox News is beginning to realize it is not beneficial for the political health of this country to have nearly half the population indoctrinated in false and fake news.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:38 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
On Facebook, I have seen many posts from Trump supporters linking not only false news sites but satirical ones as well as real news. Trump supporters, it seems, live in an alternate universe. They have been so blinded and mislead by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and the other motley crew of right-wing provocateurs and liars that they do not know the truth from fiction.

Just read the posts from most conservatives on this board. It is no surprise to me that they will buy into any fact that supports their world view and narrative. They don't care about its truth or falsity.

At least Fox News is beginning to realize it is not beneficial for the political health of this country to have nearly half the population indoctrinated in false and fake news.
Sure you have..Sure.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I've been teaching math at a university for 25 years. I'm libertarian. I have a whole bunch of teaching excellence awards gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. They were awarded me by the largely liberal university administration. How's about we leave ability in math and science out of this? You are treading on very shaky ground.
Not if you're a tRump follower.

Quote:
Care to guess what percentage of my math department is conservative vs liberal?
If you teach college, we should both be way beyond guessing.

Did you read my link on the research into right wing authoritarianism?

Old 06-01-2017, 09:43 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
Quote:

You know...

Stuff like science and math.

The same things they flunked in HS, the worst years of their lives. If they ever got there in the first place.

I am a Trump supporter (or at least I voted for him).

I never flunked anything in my honors HS classes, especially NOT science or math.

-signed lunetunelover, P.E., BSCE VT Class of 93

Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Sure you have..Sure.

Really!

On my FB account, all I see is stuff posted by liberals from all kinds of crazy, out-there blogs and websites. Interesting, isn't it?

People see (and believe) only what they want to see.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:47 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Big surprise.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:52 AM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Not if you're a tRump follower.

If you teach college, we should both be way beyond guessing.

Did you read my link on the research into right wing authoritarianism?
Okay... if you want to drag math into it...

Thing is with a given algebra problem (say a linear equation), there is a correct answer and an incorrect answer. You can make excuses for the incorrect answer all day long and it is still not correct. Liberals HATE that situation. It's very hard to pervert mathematics (especially abstract math) because it is based on irrefutable proof for any given claim. If you can't prove it, it is not considered truth. Consensus is not enough. It takes proof. So, you won't find as many liberals in a math department as compared to, say, an English department or philosophy department, because that is not the way their brains are typically wired. They are wired in "gray." Math is wired in black and white.

Besides, the really, really talented math professors are way out there and on another plane of existence. Many couldn't even tell you the difference between a liberal and conservative. They have more important things to think about.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:54 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Sure you have..Sure.
Why is that hard to believe? The Trump Cult does it on a fairly regular basis right here in P&OC.

I have a few right wing FB friends and they're constantly posting insane made up garbage, just like the cult here is constantly posting insane made up garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies