Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should homosexual activity among consenting adults be criminalized?
I believe homosexuality is sinful and should be a criminal offense 27 8.23%
I believe homosexuality is sinful but should remain legal for consenting adults 41 12.50%
I believe homosexuality is sinful and that all pro-LGBT ideas should be censored in the media, but homosexual activity itself should remain legal 16 4.88%
I believe homosexuality is acceptable and support LGBT equality 244 74.39%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:57 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,796,012 times

Advertisements

I highly object to this entire thread.

It is as offensive to me as asking if such and such group should be ..... just because people thought that or did that in the past.

I think this whole thread should be deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 06:08 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,537,892 times
I'm grateful that apparently 123 of us possess sanity and common sense. 33 people can't see beyond their own religious beliefs, but that's not too surprising.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:12 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,673,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm grateful that apparently 123 of us possess sanity and common sense. 33 people can't see beyond their own religious beliefs, but that's not too surprising.
It's not just religious. I believe that our complimentary nature as males and females is established science. I don't hate homosexuals. In fact, I feel sorry for them. But I do believe that whatever causes homosexuality is due to an abnormal disruption in nature. I think more research should be done as to causes. Personally, I think it is some pollutant in nature, possibly the hormones that can't be removed from water supplies. Possibly certain chemicals found in household items. Possibly something happening hormonally to pregnant mothers. I think it is very unfortunate that a person has to be subjected to any abnormal sexuality when they could otherwise enjoy the heterosexuality ordained by nature.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,169,126 times
None of the above.

"While homosexuality is unnatural, it should not be illegal." I don't support or not support it.

Sin is a religious concept and has no place in constitutional law.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:41 AM

25,833 posts, read 16,499,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
One of the long term goals of the Christian right is to make homosexuality a crime again.

Bryan Fischer, President of the Family Research Council and a hugely influential figure within evangelical circles said the following.

"Both of the cases that went to the United States Supreme Court that dealt with the issue of whether states should criminalize sodomy, and of course they still ought to be able to do it, every state in the union criminalized sodomy until 1962 and then forty nine states until 1972, then they began to fall like dominoes. But by the time of the founding until the late 20th Century, homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again, absolutely none."

With this in mind, it makes sense out of otherwise nonsensical opposition to certain aspects of LGBT equality, like employment and housing protections. Their ultimate goal is to return homosexuality to being a punishable offense.

Regardless of your moral views on homosexuality, do you think it should be legal or should it be a criminal offense?
They won't even get Catholics on board with this. I believe homosexuality is a mortal sin and would encourage anyone taking part in this to stop and seek help and try to save their soul.

But this is a nation of laws and the people have spoken. Well, the people have been manipulated by the media and spoken....but they have spoken. And I respect the law and the separation of church and state.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:47 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,521,686 times
[quote=PedroMartinez;48357876]As a Christian, I have no desire for it to be criminalized. Gay people are gay, and gay adults should be able to sleep with any other adult they want, marry and adopt children. Most Christians under 50 I know feel the same.

I do know that it's the desire of many atheists to force young people into homosexual relationships in order to shame them into feelings of guilt for ever thinking negatively about gay people. It's outrageous they want to do it.[/QUOTE]

WHAT??? Where does this belief come from???

Old 06-02-2017, 06:48 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,582,214 times
One of many flaws in this poll is that you can't tell who is a Christian.

Several of the "it's a sin and should be illegal" votes could have been Muslim or another religion. Additionally, we don't know how many of the "acceptable and support" were Christian.

All this really did was show that some hear automatically judge Christians and that some people don't accept homosexuality.

We kind of knew all of that already.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:50 AM

25,833 posts, read 16,499,625 times
[quote=nurider2002;48363392]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As a Christian, I have no desire for it to be criminalized. Gay people are gay, and gay adults should be able to sleep with any other adult they want, marry and adopt children. Most Christians under 50 I know feel the same.

I do know that it's the desire of many atheists to force young people into homosexual relationships in order to shame them into feelings of guilt for ever thinking negatively about gay people. It's outrageous they want to do it.[/QUOTE]

WHAT??? Where does this belief come from???
Well, many people believe homosexuality is a corruption of the mind and soul...so it is plausible that they would try to guide others their direction. Misery loves company.

Not saying that is typical or even common...but it probably does happen.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:56 AM

17,000 posts, read 12,570,969 times
The government needs to stay out of LGBT.
Dont expect me to call you a ze (vs he/she) tho.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:56 AM

8,370 posts, read 4,350,099 times
Should people that bring up irrelevant topics that do not concern them or anyone else be held accountable for libal and fined or imprisoned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies