Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should homosexual activity among consenting adults be criminalized?
I believe homosexuality is sinful and should be a criminal offense 27 8.23%
I believe homosexuality is sinful but should remain legal for consenting adults 41 12.50%
I believe homosexuality is sinful and that all pro-LGBT ideas should be censored in the media, but homosexual activity itself should remain legal 16 4.88%
I believe homosexuality is acceptable and support LGBT equality 244 74.39%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Ask Bill and Hillary Clinton about Morals?

Bottom Line Gay people have additional rights than regular citizens and this thread is to stir the pot!
Who are the "Bottom Line Gay people"? A music group? A fetish thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 09:16 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You asked a question specific to you. Who are you? Why should I care who you are? Are you in a position of power?
I used a personal example to ask a greater question regarding the importance of empathy vs. faith. It wasn't that hard and I'm not concerned if you care. I could ask the same thing of you, given that you are freely offering your own personal views.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I can claim whatever I want to, just like these fake Christians that torment homosexuals.

Since Christ is the basis behind CHRISTianity, maybe you could do me a favor and find somewhere where Christ said Hitler's behavior was acceptable.

News flash. Christ said LOVE YOUR ENEMIES. Does loving your enemy include taking them away from their family, stripping them naked, and putting them in a gas chamber?
I wonder if you apply the same thought process to Muslims.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:19 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
I don't see a choice for

"I don't give a damn what people do in their bedroom and everyone should mind their own business, including gay and straight people."

Old 06-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Tolerated? No.

The sin should be condemned, the behavior not accepted, but that does not mean that people should be attacked for it. People have the right to live as they choose, but they do not have the right to demand approval or acceptance of it. To accept, to tolerate is to condone the sin.
Actually, under secular law, they absolutely have the right to demand approval/acceptance of it. No one is concerned about what some backwards bigot thinks. They care about the law, and the bigots will be left behind in the detritus of history.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:25 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't see a choice for

"I don't give a damn what people do in their bedroom and everyone should mind their own business, including gay and straight people."
I agree, but I would modify your statement somewhat -

"I don't give a damn what people do in their bedroom and everyone should mind their own business, including gay and straight people. This includes the religiously motivated, you have no special exemption."

Old 06-03-2017, 09:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I support gay rights 100% and I voted for Trump
Nice! Forgive me for making assumptions, but methinks you would be part of a small minority of folks that feel that way. Trump voters who are 100% pro-gay rights & marriage.

It shows that you're an open-minded person.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:27 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
What two consenting adults do in private with their privates is their business and shouldn't be considered a crime.

I'm sick to death of holy rollers trying to force their phony morality on everyone else.
This.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hmmm, it didn't seem like very many liberals were too upset about Obama's view of gay marriage before his "evolution ".
Yeah, because I'm sure you were out polling them. And regardless of Obama's personal views, he wasn't out advocating discrimination through the law, either. That is an important distinction. Conservatives continue to promote discriminatory policy through their "religious freedom" legislation, which only exist to work around Supreme Court ruling, the Constitution and non-discrimination law.
And I give a lot more credit to people willing to change their views through knowledge than those who steadfastly cling to an emotional belief despite all evidence.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:29 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I agree, but I would modify your statement somewhat -

"I don't give a damn what people do in their bedroom and everyone should mind their own business, including gay and straight people. This includes the religiously motivated, you have no special exemption."
And this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies