Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 06:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

While i think Kathys prank was a bit over the top its the kind of comedy she does,no worse than some of the stuff Howard Stern does,if you dont like her product just dont watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 06:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Disagree........if this was just a comic making fun of his hair, hand size, etc (and PLENTY of them have) and he went off about it then I'd agree with you......but this crossed a line. Especially since a common terrorist tactic is beheadings and holding the head up as a trophy.

Also, need to consider his 10 yr old son seeing this and the effect it has on him.
Sorry, but he has more important things to worry about.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Nutbar liberals dont understand the difference.
I understand the difference just fine.

The POTUS has much bigger problems than a D lister taking a tasteless and offensive photo. That is a fact.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:36 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What TV do you watch where the picture was shown. We had on CNN, ABC and saw nothing that day.

The only place I've seen the picture is online -- here and one or two other places.

I think the major networks refused to show the picture?

Did Fox show it?
I saw several, with nothing blotted out. Only later did they blot out the photo.

This was sick and what she's doing to backtrack and claim victimhood is sick. It's all for publicity -- also a sick quest.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:40 AM

524 posts, read 361,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlaS View Post
She said other artists have done the same thing

Yet they don't get contacted by the Secret Service. Does seem a waste of taxpayer dollars

And she is targeted because she is female. All the others who did it are male.
Ted Nugent was heavily investigated.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
December 2016... (my apologies if this has been posted already)

Kathy Griffin Thinks Comedy Should Go All Out on ‘President Piece of Sh**’ Donald Trump

“For me, that’s Trump and all things Trump. It’s not about trying to be an equal-opportunity offender anymore because Hillary got such a beat down. It’s his turn. So I’m happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron. You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I’ll go direct for Barron. I’m going to get in ahead of the game.”

So, of course, Griffin supported Rosie O’Donnell when she tweeted a video asking if Barron Trump, 10-year-old son of Donald and Melania, was on the autism spectrum.
This shows malicious intent. Not good for Griffin.

Hateful and sick to go after a child, and to openly state so, which is hateful by itself.

And then she can cry crocodile tears that "Trump family ruined her life" -- did she intend to improve the child's life by going "directly for him" ?

What shameful, disgraceful ugliness from the left. Strike out and hurt anyone -- especially a defenseless child -- that's their game.

What a hateful bunch.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:49 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
I do not have any sympathy for her. Griffin brought this on by her own actions.

I however think Trump is a hypocrite on this as he and other supporters made assassination comments about Hillary Clinton numerous times at his campaign rallies. He further invited Ted Nugent, who had insinuated that he would take out Obama if he was reelected, to the White House. His moral outrage toward Griffin is fake grandstanding, just like much of everything else he does.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:52 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
This shows malicious intent. Not good for Griffin.

Hateful and sick to go after a child, and to openly state so, which is hateful by itself.

And then she can cry crocodile tears that "Trump family ruined her life" -- did she intend to improve the child's life by going "directly for him" ?

What shameful, disgraceful ugliness from the left. Strike out and hurt anyone -- especially a defenseless child -- that's their game.

What a hateful bunch.
This is the only line that Griffin has crossed, bringing Baron into the mix. Fine, go on the "attack" against Trump. But when you start to bring other family members into your attack, especially children, that deserves a blow back. Not her stupid publicity stunt of a bloody Trump head. I don't care if you think it's vile. It's no different than an offensive movie, song, etc.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This is the only line that Griffin has crossed, bringing Baron into the mix. Fine, go on the "attack" against Trump. But when you start to bring other family members into your attack, especially children, that deserves a blow back. Not her stupid publicity stunt of a bloody Trump head. I don't care if you think it's vile. It's no different than an offensive movie, song, etc.
I do agree that going after a child is vile and crosses the line.

I do not agree that it's no different than an offensive movie etc. The head thing is vile and was thrust upon viewers unawares. Not even a warning that the following is graphic...

Thrusting THAT upon me is an invasion of my space in a very ugly and vile and repulsive manner.

I can choose what movies I see. I can choose what songs I listen to. I choose NOT to follow her and her comedy routines (she's not funny anyway).

I cannot choose to NOT see this bloody head when it pops on the screen. Totally vile and sick to pull a stunt like that and pretend it's hilarious, a "hoot" and all in good fun.

And I'd feel the same way if it was Obama's head, Bush's head, Hillary's head, or any other.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:25 AM

524 posts, read 361,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The next Democratic president should invite her to the White House like Trump did with Ted Nugent.
She will be to old by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies