Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 08:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Well, in CA they stopped the forestry service from doing undergrowth management. The purpose of this is to reduce wildfires and eventual mudslides caused after the wide spread fires. With the undergrowth managed the fires could not reach a temperature that could cause the trees to ignite. Most fires would burn out without much damage.

Now, CA has massive fires EVERY year and this devastation is widespread, draining state and federal resources, endangering the lives of those fighting the fires and those the fire encroaches on. It also leads to the following winter producing major mud slides which destroys homes and road ways, and injures/kills people.

This is all due to the environmental laws put in place. (though it does wonders for the idiots "climate change" scare tactics).
Nothing to do with drought, right?

Quote:
This is but one, but there are numerous laws an regulations that the EPA and Environmentalist have put in that cause major problems.

Need I also remind you of the Animas river incident which was created by the arrogant EPA who would not listen to the local mine and geologist experts and due to their ignorance, caused a MASSIVE pollution disaster to which is still an issue to this very day? The EPA is no stranger to stupid actions.

The fact is, most of these "environmentalist" do not know their head from their arse about the environment. They are usually stupid people who "play" at the environment, but have no real respect for it or understanding of how to best manage it. In fact, in my youth volunteering for the forestry service, we used to clean up yearly after the meets of these "environmentalists" once they left a camping area in complete devastation (trash, damaged trees, harming the wildlife though ignorance, etc...).

So sell your eco-earth worship crap to someone else who is ignorant. I have seen who these "protectors of the environment" are and they are a bunch of political hacks all playing "save the planet".
An accident at the hands of contractors is hardly a wholesale condemnation of all environmental regulation. What I see you prove here is your bias, little else. Next you'll probably tell us things like Love Canal and the Cuyahoga River burning were due to environmentalists.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:57 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
The one issue I see Dems and moderate Reps agree on is the environment. Lots of reps hunt and fish for example.
They will abandon the far right if a moderate Dem come along.
I doubt it. Maybe a moderate Republican would defeat a far right Republican in a primary, but Democrats in many places are completely shut out.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:02 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nothing to do with drought, right?
How do you explain that we had droughts prior to that change? Oops... didn't think that one through did ya there genius!

Quote:
An accident at the hands of contractors is hardly a wholesale condemnation of all environmental regulation. What I see you prove here is your bias, little else. Next you'll probably tell us things like Love Canal and the Cuyahoga River burning were due to environmentalists.
So you are ignorant of this issue then? That or you are lying? Which is it?

Reason I say is that if you knew anything about this issue, you would know that the EPA was warned NUMEROUS times by the towns mining experts. They contacted the EPA, informed them of the dangers of doing what they were planning on doing, wrote the warnings in editorials of the local paper, and even had a town meeting with the EPA officials there explaining to them why their methods were not good.

The incident was not a mistake, the result was SPECIFICALLY warned that it would happen, but the EPA ignored this and did it anyway. I have seen these organizations many times act this way, this is not an issue of "oops" and for you to think such means you are ignorant, or lying.

Last edited by NxtGen; 06-02-2017 at 09:12 AM..

Old 06-02-2017, 09:04 AM

1,057 posts, read 867,954 times
Do you all actually contribute to bettering the environment?

Old 06-02-2017, 09:05 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Do you all actually contribute to bettering the environment?
That sort of question is like California's poll... they all want single payer healthcare and they all want someone else to pay for it... but they absolutely do not want to pay for anything...

Old 06-02-2017, 09:09 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,036 times
Trump was very vocal about being anti-Paris accord during the campaign. He was elected to get out of such treaties that are anti-US worker. Obama entered into this agreement without Senate approval which made it very easy for Trump to nix it.

This is a huge win for Trump voters and American workers. Today's stock market indicates investors support Mr. Trump's move.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
How do you explain that we had droughts prior to that change? Oops... didn't think that one through did ya there genius!
I honestly haven't looked into this issue enough to form a reasoned opinion but I won't accept your obviously biased one at face value either.

Quote:
So you are ignorant of this issue then? That or you are lying? Which is it?

Reason I say is that if you knew anything about this issue, you would know that the EPA was warned NUMEROUS times by the towns mining experts. They contacted the EPA, informed them of the dangers of doing what they were planning on doing, wrote the warnings in editorials of the local paper, and even had a town meeting with the EPA officials there explaining to them why their methods we not good.

The incident was not a mistake, the result was SPECIFICALLY warned that it would happen, but the EPA ignored this and did it anyway. I have seen these organizations many times act this way, this is not an issue of "oops" and for you to think such means you are ignorant, or lying.
Before you whine 'It's CNN' , refute the message and not the messenger.

The real culprit in Animas River spill - CNN.com

Old 06-02-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Trump was very vocal about being anti-Paris accord during the campaign. He was elected to get out of such treaties that are anti-US worker. Obama entered into this agreement without Senate approval which made it very easy for Trump to nix it.

This is a huge win for Trump voters and American workers. Today's stock market indicates investors support Mr. Trump's move.

So, the next time the market dips will indicate disagreement with Trump's moves, right?

In a market that has demonstrated it can be swayed by a runaway computer, that all sounds awfully simplistic.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:26 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
I honestly haven't looked into this issue enough to form a reasoned opinion but I won't accept your obviously biased one at face value either.
There is nothing reasoned about your opinions, just ignorance and political superiority.

As usual, you can not dispute the facts and when you look silly by arrogantly attempting, you step away and dismiss everything out of hand with a stupid claim of bias.

Then you wonder why people laugh at the climate change movement. They are a joke.

Quote:
Before you whine 'It's CNN' , refute the message and not the messenger.

The real culprit in Animas River spill - CNN.com
Your report does not dispute anything I stated.

All it does is say it was an accident and then spends the rest of the article going on about the dangers of the mine and mines like it.

I said that the EPA was warned about the method to which they were going to deal with the issue. The issue was the back pressure that the mine had, from years of filling with water. The Geologists and mining experts warned the EPA about the issue, that them digging into it like they planned would be disastrous, that the amount currently leaking was minuscule to what a blow out would cause.

They IGNORED the warnings and did it anyway. This is 100% their fault, not an accident. It was the same BS I saw in CA with these pompous arrogant idiots who don't know anything thumbing their nose at people in the industry.

It is obvious you didn't know crap about this issue as all you did was rush off and google the first news story you could find only to paste it like you knew something when your report had nothing to do with my argument.

Everyone, this is a perfect example of the type of people that is dealt with that causes these issues. They are so tied to their politics, but ignorant of the topic, but they hold their nose high and look down at everyone else. This is how the EPA often acts and why the Animas river and other disasters caused by the EPA occur.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
There is nothing reasoned about your opinions, just ignorance and political superiority.

As usual, you can not dispute the facts and when you look silly by arrogantly attempting, you step away and dismiss everything out of hand with a stupid claim of bias.

Then you wonder why people laugh at the climate change movement. They are a joke.
You apparently have reading difficulties, I freely admitted not having enough knowledge to form a reasoned opinion on this issue. I do however have enough knowledge from reading to know I wouldn't take your biased opinions for fact.

Quote:
Your report does not dispute anything I stated.

All it does is say it was an accident and then spends the rest of the article going on about the dangers of the mine and mines like it.

I said that the EPA was warned about the method to which they were going to deal with the issue. The issue was the back pressure that the mine had, from years of filling with water. The Geologists and mining experts warned the EPA about the issue, that them digging into it like they planned would be disastrous, that the amount currently leaking was minuscule to what a blow out would cause.

They IGNORED the warnings and did it anyway. This is 100% their fault, not an accident. It was the same BS I saw in CA with these pompous arrogant idiots who don't know anything thumbing their nose at people in the industry.

It is obvious you didn't know crap about this issue as all you did was rush off and google the first news story you could find only to paste it like you knew something when your report had nothing to do with my argument.

Everyone, this is a perfect example of the type of people that is dealt with that causes these issues. They are so tied to their politics, but ignorant of the topic, but they hold their nose high and look down at everyone else. This is how the EPA often acts and why the Animas river and other disasters caused by the EPA occur.
Once again, one ACCIDENT is hardly a wholesale condemnation of ALL regulation. IF you think it is, go with it, your opinion is yours, I don't give a rat's patootie about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies