Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 10:49 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
On the other hand believing that countries like Sao Tome and Principe, and Lesotho believe that America has something to do with their local temperature is a bit of a stretch.

But it is nice to know that you are now spokesman for the business community.
Good to know you failed to read any of the links and misinterpreted my words. Kudos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope.

I'm denying the claim, by those who hate Trump, that America has ceeded it's leadership by pulling out of the Paris Agreement. So far, not one of you has been able to explain otherwise.

This speaks for itself.
No, you are refusing to pay attention to a whole lot of very smart people because they are going against Trump.

Neither you, nor I, know enough about this subject matter to ignore the opinions of those who have knowledge and skin in the game. But, you are doing just that. Defending your fearless leader with no idea what all this means, while simultaneously trusting Donald Trump, who has so far not earned any trust from anyone in the last 4 months.

You will get very weary defending him , because all this has yet to play out. And not looking so good, so far.

I actually listen when smart people talk, even if I do not like what I am hearing.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Yet you can't take the time actually say why those links are relevant to the discussion.

A school kid can cut & paste links googled up. It doesn't pass for argument. (except to those who don't have one)
Oh I apologize - I thought you would be able to deduce that I was reacting to your comment about the Business Insider saying that Trump wouldn't win.

I posted a few articles from that outlet where they reported on Trump likely to win.

I wasn't arguing with you at all. I was just surprised you hadn't seen all those other articles. That's all. I was just discussing.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
No, you are refusing to pay attention to a whole lot of very smart people because they are going against Trump.
So you still can't backup your allegations. Thought so.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:58 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh I apologize - I thought you would be able to deduce that I was reacting to your comment about the Business Insider saying that Trump wouldn't win.

I posted a few articles from that outlet where they reported on Trump likely to win.
You mean you hoped that by googling up some links, it would free you from having to explain how pulling out of Obama's horrible Parris "accord" would be bad for the USA.

So far you haven't managed to do so.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Paris Agreement Gets Support from Coal as Trump Reconsiders | Time.com

Even the coal industry is not backing Trump on this.

Nor tech:

http://time.com/4731582/coal-compani...ris-agreement/

Nor Oil:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/18/inve...ump/index.html

Nor investors:

http://fortune.com/2017/05/31/exxon-...reement-trump/

Nor many US states and governors:

http://www.france24.com/en/20170601-...greement-trump

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
You mean you hoped that by googling up some links, it would free you from having to explain how pulling out of Obama's horrible Parris "accord" would be bad for the USA.

So far you haven't managed to do so.
The ONLY thing that they think is bad is that it hurts Obama's "legacy". That is ALL they care about!

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Elon Musk is going to do just fine without the U.S. He'll take his innovations to other more forward-looking countries, and they will benefit from them instead of us. The U.S. will fall so behind in technological innovation that we'll be sitting in the mid-20th century while the rest of the world progresses into the future. We'll be left in the dust, just as all the regressives who support Trump seem to want.

MAGA really means take America back to the last century. And with how fast the world of technology is moving, we will have a hard time catching up, much less be world leaders ever again. The cult is no doubt proud of the regression we are making under Trump.
Wrong, there aren't enough people who want to buy a $70,000 car, especially without a fat govt. subsidy to do so.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:00 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Paris Agreement Gets Support from Coal as Trump Reconsiders | Time.com

Even the coal industry is not backing Trump on this.
We don't have a coal industry anymore.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:03 AM

When you get this much negative backlash from all quarters , so quickly, it is time to take a step back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies