Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 04:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Pro tip:

Ignore middle america and you get Donald Trump as president.

That's not to say middle america isn't filled with lesser people. It is.

But we should still lend an ear lesser people places in fly over country.
Maybe 40 years ago; Calif had a LOT of "greater people", not in 2017. Take away the illegal aliens and, Calif would probably crash, at least the SF bay area and LA county. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 04:55 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
They are both tone deaf to one another.
when it comes to protecting themselves, neither really gives a hoot what they other feels or thinks.

Human nature.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Only if you respect the individual liberty of others. If not, well Johnny, grab your gun, we have business.

Let us be honest though.

City needs rural, rural does not need city.

Think on that a while.
And that is why I have no pity for Middle America. Time for blue states to buy their food globally. Time to stop farm subsidies. Time to let these farmers support themselves and compete globally. Then we'll see who needs who.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:58 PM

46,285 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They dgaf about us so why is this troll pontificating to us??

How annoying.

Steve Case says Silicon Valley is 'tone deaf' to middle America
The same damn reason the middle America is investing in on both "left" coasts....

Not that damn hard....keep paying your taxes.....if you do...

Old 06-05-2017, 04:59 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Only if you respect the individual liberty of others. If not, well Johnny, grab your gun, we have business.

Let us be honest though.

Think on that a while.
This is true the only exception would be healthcare imo. I could not live in a rural setting it's a way harder type of life. I really laugh hard at any city person that says otherwise. They have never seen rural families firsthand that work long days and make a lot of money.

Most of the rural people I know are well off and own land and work a contractor type job or something. They have extremely long days when they go home from their job their day is only like half over unless it's Winter or it's raining.

I'm a total city person I'm way too big of a wimp to live in a rural area I freely admit that lol.

I'm just lucky enough that in my part of the country I can still do outdoor type things without being in a rural area.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:01 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:

Let us be honest though.

Think on that a while.
Eh...no.

City needs rural. Rural needs city.

You should think on that for a while.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And that is why I have no pity for Middle America.
Time for blue states to buy their food globally. Time to stop farm subsidies. Time to let these farmers support themselves and compete globally. Then we'll see who needs who.
I ABSOLUTELY agree with you, Man, you are my new best friend. There is NOTHING I would like better than to have every city throw off the rural area contribution and proclaim themselves independent and reliant on that of other countries.

Man, It is like you really know me. I mean.. YOU COMPLETE ME! Seriously, you have such the most amazingly correct solution, it is perfect, it is logically infallible (as it concerns the benefit of rural areas), it is.. Man.. you are a GENIUS and if you were to be president and demand such? I would support you to the last dying breath I had.

So...

Rural takes care of itself and all cities are reliant on the global economy!

AWESOME!!! I am so your best supporter and fan!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

Old 06-05-2017, 05:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
In your world.... if the BIG ONE HITS? Middle America can just see Cali as fly-over. California has weather going for it for sure. We all can't move there. But I guess some comments I'd expect from a very YOUNG or OLD mind set in bigoted ways. But then... maybe more of Mexico might move to Cali yet?

Some I think merely like to go for Shock Value in post? But guess some reply believe fully, and are why they post.
Calif as the best weather in the US: that's IT if talking 2017. If that state started getting "midwest" winters along the coast, a LOT of people would leave and housing prices would crash. Period.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:04 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Calif as the best weather in the US: that's IT if talking 2017. If that state started getting "midwest" winters along the coast, a LOT of people would leave and housing prices would crash. Period.
No - to say such a thing is to completely misunderstand why so many people are in CA in the first place. It's mostly economic reasons (i.e. jobs).

If it was just weather, all of CA would be full of people. When, in actuality, most of CA is quite empty.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:05 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Eh...no.

City needs rural. Rural needs city.

You should think on that for a while.
LOL

You really need to support Seacove, he is on to something. I think you guys need to start a movement!

We can call it "F the rural areas, cities are awesome and intelligent, we don't need those stupid hicks contributions!".

Man you guys are on fire, I so want your dreams to come true.

I am a fan, no seriously, I really want it to happen!!!

You city people ROCK!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: