Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 07:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol..I guess we're all supposed to get angry and go kill him or something.

You threatened me, if I would say it about you.

Time to Virtue Check `ol Bill into retirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I don't condone what Maher said, but Trump supporters stand on real shaky grounds on criticizing Maher given Trump's past incendiary statements and the existence of outtakes of the Apprentice that show Trump using the N-word multiple times. As they say, people who live in glass houses...

You know damn well, if they existed, they would have been leaked by now... Seriously! If it is dirt on "The Donald" it was worth Billions, if not Trillions. It would have been worth blood.

Don't fool yourself, because you ain't fooling me.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:33 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
To me, well, I think different people find different things funny. I don't really care for the racial slurs, never find it funny.

As an artist myself, I think I know the differences between an edgy artist and a troll.

Manet’s audience was used to a refined and very controlled art-gazing experience. Images were presented for aesthetic enjoyment in primarily formal terms: subtle light and shadow, harmonious colors, balanced compositions. The content either recalled an idyllic past or celebrated abstract virtues. while the public at the time failed to grasp the brilliance of his innovations, posterity recognizes him as the superior artist.

I don't think a great comedian or a great artist needs to use "race" or "toilet humor" to be "edgy". Nothing edgy about the N or the C word. A little five year old knows what that means. It is not like their eyes are going to pop out as if they just saw a man with two heads. LOL

Find something creative, is what I will say.

But I doubt Maher did anything that wrong here. Like I said earlier, it is always about intention and context. I hope nobody is calling to end his career or something. lol

Old 06-03-2017, 07:34 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So.

That's right. So. It was a liberal whacko saying it. So, yes, so?

Old 06-03-2017, 07:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Yet it's ok for black comedians to constantly call white people "crackers" and other derogatory names during their comedy routines.

Maher used the word in a contexts that wasn't aimed at anyone. On the other hand blacks call eatchother the word day in and day out as a term of "endearment".

Black comedian Larry wilmore called former president Obama the N word on national tv. Where was the uproar from blacks then?
I feel like the 'uproar' isn't coming from blacks even now. Seems just like some people want to make this a political issue. Who started this ranting thread anyway?

Old 06-03-2017, 07:37 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I don't condone what Maher said, but Trump supporters stand on real shaky grounds on criticizing Maher given Trump's past incendiary statements and the existence of outtakes of the Apprentice that show Trump using the N-word multiple times. As they say, people who live in glass houses...

Please post links to theses Apprentice outtakes you mention?

Old 06-03-2017, 07:37 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
To me, well, I think different people find different things funny. I don't really care for the racial slurs, never find it funny.

As an artist myself, I think I know the differences between an edgy artist and a troll.

Manet’s audience was used to a refined and very controlled art-gazing experience. Images were presented for aesthetic enjoyment in primarily formal terms: subtle light and shadow, harmonious colors, balanced compositions. The content either recalled an idyllic past or celebrated abstract virtues. while the public at the time failed to grasp the brilliance of his innovations, posterity recognizes him as the superior artist.

I don't think a great comedian or a great artist needs to use "race" or "toilet humor" to be "edgy". Nothing edgy about the N or the C word. A little five year old knows what that means. It is not like their eyes are going to pop out as if they just saw a man with two heads. LOL

Find something creative, is what I will say.

But I doubt Maher did anything that wrong here. Like I said earlier, it is always about intention and context. I hope nobody is calling to end his career or something. lol
At least one BLM leader is, unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/deray/status/870848708308590592

Old 06-03-2017, 07:38 AM

The mentally ill have always gotten a pass on their lack of self control.
We cannot blame them. We use to just take their rights away, so they were not a menace to society and constantly causing chaos.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:39 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
At least one BLM leader is, unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/deray/status/870848708308590592
wow

Old 06-03-2017, 07:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I think context and intent are everything.

The only people who will have a problem with this are SJW's who may have nothing to whine about over the weekend so they'll take this up as being the most horrific word a person can say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies